Zetron Reviews | Glassdoor

Brent Dippie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Glad to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Zetron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to be. We are shipping products that save people's lives. Co-workers are easy to approach. The past year or so has been a whirlwind, but I think we have cut a lot of the people that weren't a great fit. And the new people we have here now are doing a great job! I'm excited to see what the next few years hold for Zetron.

Cons

Insurance could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going!

2. "Strugling to recreate its identity"

I have been working at Zetron full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Long employee retention
    Worthwhile products that help Public Safety
    Effective teamwork when in crisis mode

Cons

Australian office and US office run like two separate companies -- different processes and different quality standards.

Always trying to sneak by with one person trying to do the job of three.

Directors and Sr. Management do not communicate well. Goals are unclear; multiple sub-teams try to solve the same crisis without knowing about mutual focus.

Engineering Management only wants positive feedback.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to use agile.
    Stop support of older products.
    Hire some people to design the products before asking for coding to begin. (Ideally people who aren't planning to retire within the next year or two.)
    Insist that Engineering document their intended product design.

"Anonymous Observation"

I have been working at Zetron full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not too many pros these days, but at least it's a paycheck.

Cons

In reading other Zetron reviews, I agree with the previous HR related comments. Odd that a department, run by the failed RadioFrame company philosophy, would have such a powerful influence over the hiring and inhuman firing of such valuable employees of a once successful company. With that said, Zetron employees are looked at as disposable and replaceable objects with little or no value. That's why Zetron is now in such a dire and dreadful decline. Probably too late to save the company, but at least the HR department knows how to fire people, so that should go very smoothly as the company dwindle down.

Advice to Management

Please, overhaul the HR department before it's too late!

"Sales Department for over 10 years"

Current Employee - Sales Team in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Team in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Zetron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company offers the right individual the ability to grow and make good money. The management is one of the best I have ever worked for and they constantly look to improve employee satisfaction. Over the past few years we have introduced new products that provide life saving benefits to the public safety market with A plus rating from our customers.

Cons

The entire communications market has been negatively impacted with the reduction in federal spending which places a great deal of stress on any company's ability to grow at it's normal pace. When competitors are closing their doors Zetron continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It takes time to change old cultures but the strong will always prevail.

"A company with potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zetron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally speaking Zetron is a great company to work for with a lot of potential. Depending on what department you work for your voice will be heard and your hard work will go noticed.

Cons

Decline in sales and continuing lay offs make for an uncertain future. Hopefully the company turns things around. The new CEO is an intelligent and effective leader.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineering Software Senior in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Engineering Software Senior in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Zetron full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I live close to work and enjoy the work when they have projects to work on, which is getting less and less every year.

Cons

Not enough projects to work on, and only the "old timers" have any chance of survival. Backstabbing is common place within the Zetron culture especially in the Engineering department. The hiring department turns a blind-eye to this practice and tend to do the same. Many layoff cycles over and over again because workers are looked at as simply disposable objects. Workers routinely get blamed for upper management mistakes.

Advice to Management

Take a very careful look at your poor HR practices.

Zetron Response

Oct 3, 2016 – HR Specialist/Recruiter

I was very sorry to read your posting and would very much appreciate and welcome a confidential meeting with you to discuss your concerns, experiences, and viewpoints on the Company’s, and... More

"Growing, adapting, staying on top"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Zetron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good life - work-life balance, flexible paid time off schedule, good compensation, limited off work hours work, good climate inside teams
    Great engineers
    Close interaction with upper management and due to recent changes a very strong upper management team

Cons

Some toggling in upper management. Culture is a little quiet. Need more vibrant spirits in technology communication and bring liveliness into daily routines
    Medical premiums are not competitive for a family

Advice to Management

Look into teleworking from home for support engineers a couple days a week
    Look into implementing 4 10hr work weeks
    Keep focused on communication across the company. More information at all levels makes for happier and more engaged employees

8. "tech supporr"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Zetron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

products fill a critical connection

Cons

management seems confused, does not value change. i.e. the company is doing the same thing every year and expecisng different results

"15 Years and Counting"

Current Employee - Customer Fulfillment in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Fulfillment in Redmond, WA

Pros

My 15 years at this company has allowed me to see some wonderful things and a few challenges along the way. The strength of the leadership for me, as of late has allowed growth in our organization to soar. When you believe in the company goals and the leadership, it allows you to make a choice to make the team stronger or be a part of the problem. Senior leadership of the organization, I believe to be the strongest this company has had in the time that I have been here. The US sales manager is highly motivating and pushes the entire organization to perform at its best.

Cons

The communication industry, as demonstrated by so many of the radio manufacturers availability for purchase, continues to be the uphill battle that all console manufacturers are challenged with.

Advice to Management

Stay strong, hold the course.

"Distracted leadership"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Zetron full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment and hours. Some of the nicest and most helpful people on the planet. Good product mix and willingness to do whatever is required to support customers. The CEO is a very nice and is very generous with charities.

Cons

The atmosphere has gone from bad to worse in the past 2 years. More and more people lack confidence in the Sales team or CEO to make intelligent business decisions.
    Raises and bonuses are few and far between.
    Top heavy with VPs and managers who spin the facts and attack each other.
    Very distracted team, no cohesive strategy, always chasing the last shinny object.
    The management team believes the posts here are too negative so has resorted to creating their own reviews.

Advice to Management

Go back to having goals, a plan, measuring and reporting against it honestly to one another. This was and can be a great company again if you measure the same data rather than being redirected by the head of Sales and outside distractions.
    Go back to employee performance reviews against goals and create a growth path with the employees, they are not just a headcount, as stated a couple of years back, they are the most important asset.
    The next leader needs to have outside experience growing a company and not a finance cost cutting background.