Zetta Medical Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Mike Ghazal

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"My first review of an employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Zetta Medical Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working for Zetta for more than 5 years, obviously I am very satisfied with the work I do, my compensations and benefits. When I came across this website I was so please to see the positive comments of my colleagues, but also I was shocked with the non so positive reviews. Few things that I want to say about Zetta's management: they are real, direct, reasonable, and fair. From my experience I know that they treat everyone fairly, and they offer good pay, periodic raise, annual bonus, plus an excellent healthcare coverage for the employees and their families paid by the company. All management team are approachable and easy to communicate with. Also, they welcome honest opinions and feedbacks. It is my opinion that Zetta is a great company to work for, and I look forward to continue growing my career with Zetta.

Cons

Some days can be really busy, but that is Ok, because the company is growing.

Advice to Management

You are on the right track, you got my full support.

2. "Don't work here if you want to use your own brain"

Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Zetta Medical Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is hard to get fired.

Cons

Zero raises! The below positive feedback was written by coward employees as the CEO stood over their shoulder. You will NOT make a difference in the terrible culture of this company. The management team will not make a move without talking to the controlling CEO first. You will be bullied. They always talk about good benefits, but never the fact that you will never have a review nor a raise. I know for sure that these employees are hired below industry standard due to the shifts in market changes. These managers take advantage of that. If you go to our manager, this team likes to gossip about it verses fix a problematic situation. They will wait till everyone leaves, crack open a bottle of wine, and talk about you. Then, when you leave, they will rip you to shreds in the industry. You have many more options....don't do it. Zero promotions ever - for anyone. Your career dies at Zetta. They will probably ask this is removed from GD. They have done it before.

Advice to Management

Stop being afraid of Mike. Stop going to him to gossip about real issues and actually fix them. You claim to be religious and family oriented. You lie each day to yourself. Make a real difference.

"Happy at Zetta - great place to work"

I have been working at Zetta Medical Technologies full-time

Pros

Every time I tell a friend or family Zetta pays our benefits full for employees AND their families, people always say companies NEVER do this anymore! My friend pays $700 per month for her family’s insurance. We are asked to join the Humana wellness program in order to get fully paid coverage, but it is a very simple process and you only have to pay a 10% fee if you don’t want to do it, they still pay 90%.

The people I work with are very nice and for the most part are all hard working and stick to their own business, which I prefer. There’s a few company dinners, lunches, etc., so there are events for us to get to know each better and a lunch room for the local employees. I feel like everyone works well together, throughout the different departments and there is a good attitude of working together.

For myself and most people I see, we are given responsibility and can run with it without being over managed. I see ideas are valued and encouraged.

Cons

This industry, by nature is very reactive. We respond to systems being down at hospitals and everyone from the customer to the engineer to shipping are often operating at high levels of stress.

I see some other reviews here and I wonder why would anyone stay at a place they are so unhappy? It's like these reviews must be written by competitors as it is almost comical how bad they sound.

Advice to Management

I believe there are always opportunities for Zetta to grow and for us to grow as employees. Maybe we could add an employee suggestion system in place to help share ideas and comments.

"Growing together"

I have been working at Zetta Medical Technologies full-time

Pros

Paid medical, dental and vision with the exception to those who choose not to follow the guidelines.

Atmosphere is friendly by nature. Hostile and aggressive events are few and far between.

*CEO is approachable

Management has a firm, but like minded philosophy pertaining to the day-to-day activities.

Paid Holidays, Office parties.

*Employee recognition is good.

Creative solutions provided for complex Lifestyles (2 jobs, Single W/Baby, etc..)

Cons

-*CEO is approachable:
    While this is true, it has been noticed that management will make decisions regardless of company policy or SOP. Example, employee can't take 2 Friday’s in a month off, even though they have the earned vacation time.

-Compensation/Recognition/Advancement/Job Breakdown
    While pay is great for some employee's, it is sub-par for others. I feel like the expectation for the work to be performed vs the job you were hired for are two different things.
    To alleviate this, Make the following known to employee's individually:
    -Job Title
    -Breakdown of responsibilities
    -SLA(If applicable)
    -Current state of performance
    -Advancement opportunities/ Ways to be compensated more
    -Projected growth with the company
    *-Recognition and action for habitually exceeding expectation/providing service well above peers consistently. We want more than just an Atta boy.

Advice to Management

Show your employees you really care for them.
    Add Reviews (Annually, Semi, or Quarterly)
    Make it known that you value every employee from the bottom to the top. Just because someone isn't face to face with a customer doesn't mean they didn't help provide the means for the company to be represented in a positive light.

5. "Field service Engineer"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Zetta Medical Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medical coverage is free "IF" you qualify to earn enough points through the Humana plan

Cons

* No room for advancement
    * No review for employees
    * No cost of living increase
    * No bonus or merit raises...ever
    * Culture is company focused, not employee focused
    * No opportunity to grow or advance
    * Company grows financially but does not reward employees
    * No overtime for field service engineers
    * Company culture is about the company and not about the employees
    * No flexibility for needed time off for family situations or personal needs
    * Auto allowance was just changed to being included with the last months payroll check, before it was when the owner wanted to sign the check, late auto allowance checks plus previously all taxes were deducted from last payroll check of the year
    * Horrible travel policy dictated by the cheapest place to stay and the cheapest flights regardless of the employees request or need to be closer to work site
    * ZERO support from HR, HR does what the owner dictates regardless of if this is right or wrong
    * Forward thinking for new products, backward thinking on how to treat employees to gain the most productivity and build a loyal team
    * General employee unhappiness due to lack of concern from ownership
    * Company should look to the Google model on how to keep employees happy
    * General perception from employees is that working at Zetta is all about the ownership first and the employee second
    * No overtime paid to field service engineers
    *No employee recognition or appreciation
    * This is what you get a salary for so be thankful for working at Zetta Medical
    * No positive company culture, on any level

Advice to Management

Start to think about your employees as your most important asset instead of your own profit
    Zetta continues to grow but shows ZERO appreciation for their people

6. "Cheap. Employees are overworked and underpaid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zetta Medical Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Technology. Healthcare benefits are paid 100% under Humana Vitality program. Must remain in good health under point system or co-pays can be charged.

Cons

Compensation - Cheap. With the exception of healthcare, company doesn't do much else for employees. Employees below the executive level are paid approx. 20% below industry wages. For a growing company there are no career advancement opportunities. CEO encourages his employees to post positive reviews on Glassdoor. While there are many happy employees working for Zetta, there are as many if not more unhappy employees working here because they need the job and the paycheck.

Advice to Management

Mike: Your company is growing and you are making money. Give back to your employees. Recognize their contributions and reward them for it.

"By far the best company I've ever worked for"

Pros

The team is great - everyone works hand-in-hand from management on down. Laid back, family-oriented, and everyone has a positive attitude. The days fly-by without the fatigue. There is always something to do. Management is awesome!

Cons

I cannot think of any

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!

"Great company to work for"

Pros

I have not worked for a company that covered the costs of insurance ever, and appreciate that the owner has a passion to keep his employees healthy. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision.

Cons

What cons can there be when the company covers the cost?

"Great company"

Pros

I feel appreciated, I'm not a number, I'm a person who makes a difference here at Zetta. Very rewarding. Policies are fair, expectations are well within reason. Most employees do not make OT, so we give and take. Work life verses personal life is good if not better than other companies.

Cons

There are a few bad eggs in any company, those that complain, those that don't realize how good this company is. Sometimes, these types tend to stay around longer than most wish they would. If you are not happy (and why you would be is really a good question) then they should move on.

Advice to Management

Continue rewarding those whose actions prove they want to move Zetta forward even more successful. Get rid of the dead wood, they will bring down others very quickly. Continuing focusing on the customer, that is our strength. Can we ever focus on the customer enough?

"Not a bad place"

Current Employee - Worker Bee
    Current Employee - Worker Bee

Pros

It isn't the high-pressure competition of a manufacturer. Customers are even more easy going.

Cons

not so many cons, no place is perfect though