Ziebart Reviews | Glassdoor

Thomas E. Wolfe

1. "Own company review"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ziebart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am able to meet sales goals and fit personalized needs. In charge of teams of ten plus, I create work orders and execute the work per job. I currently work for the best franchise- and enjoy the east side of Indianapolis' customer base.

Cons

The hours are 55 plus. There is some disorganization when it comes to being at the hands of the distributor's availability- or product availability.

Advice to Management

As a current manager. Advice to myself is just to take my time with work orders, perhaps request longer time to fulfill them, and to manage time better during the "40" hour work week.

2. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - General Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Ziebart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place, excellent history within the market. Company has been a fixture in the automotive aftermarket for almost 60 years

Cons

Highly specialized, takes you out of the loop, you spend a great amount of time learning proprietary practices and software.

3. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Cicero, NY
    Former Employee - General Manager in Cicero, NY

I worked at Ziebart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to make $$ is GREAT. Much more $$ going in CEOs bank account.

Cons

You are just another number. CEO puts his two kids on a supreme pedestal. They do absolutely nothing. They come in late and leave early. They often have switchblade fights in the middle of the Customer area or throw their football which is quite dangerous besides making it a full blown hostile environment. Don't waste your time. If you're honest or have any integrity at all...Ziebart Cicero is NOT the place for you.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. During my interview the CEO preached as to what a big religious guy he was. What a joke. Either he doesn't care or he is blind as to what his Kids are doing.

5. "Auto Detailer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

I worked at Ziebart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to make money based on your work ethic. Paid by "piece rate."

Cons

The piece rate system is the worst system to use in this type of work because it promotes doing the bare minimum amount of work to get the car out the door and move on to the next, which means the customer suffers. If you have a high standard for your quality of work, you'll not make more than your hourly wage, and you'll be ostracized by the management and labeled a slacker for not detailing more cars per day. Worst of all, there's always one or two people on the detail team who "cherry pick" their next car (meaning they pick from the available cars to detail the ones which are the easiest and pays the most) leaving the harder, lower paying cars for others to do, essentially stealing money from their co-workers. The rules are that they're supposed to take the next car on the list, not the one that benefits them most. This creates a very toxic environment in the shop and the management turns a blind eye to it.

Advice to Management

Do your job and actually work to solve problems rather than ignoring it because you're too lazy to deal with it.

6. "Good pay, not worth it"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Henrietta, NY
    Former Employee - Installation Technician in Henrietta, NY

I worked at Ziebart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will pay a skilled employee whatever you want but then force you out when business slows.

Cons

I started off as an hourly employee and they were sending me home early every day. Only was getting 20 hours despite what I was promised in my interview. I renegotiated for salary and then they had me working from 8am to 630pm everyday with no overtime.

I stuck it out through the busy season thinking it was temporary and found that I was the only thing temporary. Long story short I was forced to leave due to poor working conditions. (They won't fire you because they don't want to pay unemployment) I was then asked to come back the following busy season, unbelievable.

Advice to Management

Need to treat the skilled electronics technicians like they treat the salesmen.

7. "Had to clean under sides of cars and get the nasty rustproofing all over me"

Former Employee - Rustproofer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Rustproofer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Ziebart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to drive brand new cars from the dealership so pretty much test drove almost all new cars at the time

Cons

Some days only worked a hour other days worked ten hours depended on how many cars there was that day to do

Advice to Management

Do better scheduling so employees would get better hours

8. "Great opportunity for young people trying to get experience. Easy to work for because they push a team environment."

Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Meet a lot of people. Gain management experience. Descent pay, spiff program, commissions, returning business. Great teaching for future sales.

Cons

Retail hours are the worst part. Get in early get home late typically. But it's part of gaining experience.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what works.

"Asst. Manager 3rd"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, OH

I have been working at Ziebart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed, good enviroment, good for car guys.

Cons

Its not bad at all

Advice to Management

Communication, customers , employees

10. "To much work , no pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Ziebart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good people work there. Paid travel expenses. Ok health care. In the summer there is a lot of department parties.

Cons

Departments super disorganized. A lot of drama. Most only do minimum. Family owned means only the family get raises..not fun

11. "Extremely motivated, fast paced business thriving and expanding continually."

Current Employee - Senior Electronics Technician in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Electronics Technician in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Ziebart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent pay, not hourly but piece rate. Senior techs have opportunity to expand other areas within Ziebart corporation.

Cons

Horrible benefits, as most automotive companies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!