Zillow Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 6, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is a complete joke (in 13 reviews)

• Seen it happened and when I couldn't keep quite I too was let go (in 10 reviews)

"Zillow listens..."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredibly transparent company. Empowers it's employees to do their best work. I've seen endless examples of our leadership soliciting feedback from the company, and then take action on areas of opportunity. Great company to work for.

Cons

Nothing major to share here.

Zillow Response

Feb 8, 2017 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Great!! Thank you for this great review. It made my day.

2. "Absolutely one of the best places to work"

Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is amazing. The management team is great and easy to reach out to. Benefits are superb. Would recommend working here!

Cons

None that I have noticed so far

Feb 13, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Thank you for the excellent feedback. I'm very glad to hear you'd recommend Zillow as a top workplace, and you find your managers responsive and available. I want to make sure we continue to meet and ... More

3. "Best Company I've Worked For"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No micro management. Treats employees with respect and consistently keeps us in 'the know'. One of their motos is #turnonthelights meaning there is complete transparency from Senior Execs, company shifts, etc all the way to the bottom. Open door policy - They seem to value opinions and ideas. In the past I've worked at several companies where 'sharing your opinion was welcome' but in reality would put you on the radar as a troublemaker. GREAT benefits. Strong 401k match. In my opinion, the health plan is among one of the best I've heard of. Maternity/Paternity just increased to 16 weeks. If you produce they will take care of you with pay increase + stock options. Of course, the never ending supply of cafe/coffee and snacks is a nice perk. I could keep going but if you're thinking about applying do yourself a favor and pull the trigger. Spencer and the exec team are talented, strong leaders with a vision. I'll remain at the company for some time because I truly believe it will continue to expand into something even greater than it already is.

Cons

None yet. I've only worked at the company for a little over a year so the corporate drama could inevitably surface but from what I've experienced thus far it's a well oiled machine that values it's employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Feb 7, 2017 – Senior Director - Inside Sales, Seattle

I'm glad Zillow Group has been the best company you have ever worked for! We focus on our Core Values here and I'm excited you feel we do a great job with #turnonthelights. If you ever have any ... More

5. "Manager - Ad Ops (Concierge)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding benefits, working for a cutting edge tech company that is revolutionizing Real Estate, opportunities for internal growth and on-the-job training resources/classes, fair pay, and opportunities to work in other offices.

Cons

Work/Life Balance is harder to achieve purely because the program is so involved, and needs to cover a huge range of hours. The program grew at an enormous rate, and sometimes it felt like we were all in the dark on recent changes being made.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring on people who are cultural fits + excited about the prospect of working for ZG, not just a job. Capitalize on opportunities to speak with lower levels and cross-departmentally as often as possible.

Feb 13, 2017 – Senior Director, Premier Agent Concierge and Care

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad the vision, growth, and opportunities were a high point for you. You're right that PAC hours of operations cover a large operating window, so we can best serve ... More

6. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Agent Care Representative in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Agent Care Representative in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great perks and Great people

Cons

New hires will be compensated more than ten year.

Feb 13, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Hi, great to see we're creating a productive environment you enjoy. We base compensation on a host of criteria, including location, skills, tasks, experience and many others. We've been recognized as ... More

"Great place to work"

I worked at Zillow full-time

Pros

Smart colleagues, good management, challenging projects

Cons

Too much candy and soda

Advice to Management

Keep sharing

Feb 1, 2017 – COO

Thank you for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed your time here! I personally agree with you on the candy and soda, but I seem to be in the minority. Hopefully you enjoyed the fruit and healthful ... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love everything about this place. People, culture, values, all of it. This place is not perfect, but really great.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons about working here. Everyone is striving toward the greater good, all the time. Can't beat that.

Advice to Management

Same as my cons. I feel like the Q&A sessions we have, the willingness to listen to employees about any concerns they have, they're all doing it right.

Feb 1, 2017 – COO

Thank you for the review and thank you for being here and contributing to our big opportunity! - Amy COO

"Making The Transition From a Startup"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zillow is growing larger and there is a noticeable change in the air. It's good though, things are becoming a little more buttoned up (in the culture sense not the dress code). I can genuinely say that I enjoy my time every day at Zillow. The people rock as a whole and my team is great.

I have a fair degree of autonomy in my role. The work is stimulating and I feel like my imput is valued by both my team and the higher-ups. Our C-Levels are great too, you can tell that they genuinely care about the company and the people that work there.

We're spoiled with food and fun events. Benefits are second to none. The atmosphere is that perfect balance of casual and professional.

Overall, ZG is a great place to work. Oh and Spencer our CEO - He's a genuinely cool guy.

Cons

Pay - in salary terms, it's not quite up to market competitive but this has been discussed that we are working to get there. I hope that leadership will follow through on this b/c its the primary gripe of most employees and I think that will be instrumental in retaining talent.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture strong & make sure that you retain talent, we are expanding quickly and if our long term employees leave that culture will cycle out.

Feb 14, 2017 – COO

Thank you for the review and your feedback! I'm glad you are happy here. We've done a lot of work to be competitive in our comp, and if you have questions about your individual package, feel free to ... More

"Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Seattle, WA

Pros

Amazing culture and technical challenges. There are so many interesting problems to solve in the machine learning and data science areas here at Zillow. The working environment is excellent. I love coming to work everyday!

Cons

Not much I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Jan 11, 2017 – Chief Analytics Officer & Chief Economist

Excellent! So good to hear and thank you for taking the time to deliver such positive feedback. We're always looking to improve our game so don't be hesitant to drop me or your mgr a note with an ... More

"Awesome workplace, best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many great things about working here but the top things in my view are being able to collaborate with some of the best and brightest people in their fields. Also, they have awesome benefits here for the most part including great medical and PTO. My favorite thing is the open culture that exists, people are helpful and excited to tell you what is going on at Zillow.

Cons

Some cons are that since we are growing so fast you may be lost in the shuffle if you are not active in managing your career and where you want to go. Also some of the benefits are being overshadowed by other company's which may lead to turnover.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and don't underestimate the power that some benefits have to employees like better 401k matching and tuition reimbursement on keeping and recruiting the best people.

Jan 20, 2017 – VP of Industry Solutions

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you are enjoying working at Zillow so much. Every year we re-evaluate our benifits package. I'll make sure mention this to the People Team. Keep up the great ... More