Zillow Reviews | Glassdoor

Zillow Reviews

Updated July 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is incredible (in 59 reviews)

• Free food catered in at least once a week (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance is harder to achieve purely because the program is so involved, and needs to cover a huge range of hours (in 16 reviews)

• the inside sales role at Zillow is tough work and they are very upfront about that (in 10 reviews)

"Don't be fooled...PAC"

Former Employee - Premier Agent Concierge in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Premier Agent Concierge in Denver, CO

I worked at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, free snacks and drinks, amazing people.

Cons

This job was the worst job I have ever had! Management is a joke. They tell you that they promote within but then they hired team leads externally, passing up great internal candidates. They do not care about you as a person but rather the amount of calls you make. Also if you try and do the right thing by putting in your 2 weeks, they let you go right then and make up fake emails saying you said it was your last day. They give severance to people they fire but not when you give your two weeks and HR's explanation was that it was up to them.

Advice to Management

Grow up, try the job before you increase expectations. Do not accuse people of anything that you do not have reasoning for. Do not make up emails to cover up what you actually said.

Apr 27, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Thanks for the feedback. I’m sorry you felt your experience was poor. Our Denver office, as are many Zillow Group locations, is consistently recognized as a great place to work, and I strongly... More

"The company that definitely moves fast and thinks big - always."

Current Employee - Premier Agent Concierge in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Premier Agent Concierge in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work in the Premier Agent Concierge department. Zillow Group has wonderful benefits for employees and the company strives to evolve and improve constantly.

You've read about the free food and drinks, the great insurance, the fun workplace and the great people. All of those things are true and more.

I've been able to contribute a lot of ideas to the department that have been implemented. Every idea I've had has been listened to and considered. My team lead is honest, trustworthy and fair. I've become a better employee due to my time on their team and within this department. I feel respected within my position.

I've been in the workplace for nearly 25 years, and Zillow Group has been the best company I've ever worked for. I'm genuinely happy to come to work every day. The majority of the people I work with are great. I have the free time and time with my family that I value. I have job satisfaction and I look forward to long time employment with Zillow Group. I can't ask for anything more.

Cons

This is in the cons section, but I don't personally feel that I've been impacted by these cons.

The complaints I've seen about Premier Agent Concierge would include a repetitive job, concerns about the working hours, working holidays. These things are all true, however, this is all disclosed to prospective employees BEFORE they are hired. Your own performance can impact the control that you actually have over your hours and working holidays (You get paid more for working holidays too). The performance expectations are not difficult if you are a focused person. The perception of a repetitive job can be challenged by making yourself better. Improve your phone tone, your attitude, your general conversations. Don't get bogged down by thinking about the parts of the job that may be less fun, think about the benefits that you receive here and appreciate working for the best and most visited real estate company in the country.

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me a great place to work, keep it up!

Mar 15, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback. I'm glad the hard work the leadership team has put in to creating an environment that supports you is paying off. When we take good care of our... More

"Great People"

Former Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Seattle Zillow office is very nice with an outstanding view. However, the best part of my job by far was the people I worked with. My colleges were supportive, fun and just all around amazing people. My team lead Justin Wixom was always encouraging and always positive. We had a great team dynamic. I enjoyed meetings and anytime we were together as a group. It was the people on this team that made leaving this job very difficult.

Cons

The position does not pay well. It is hard to live in Seattle with a salary like this. It was challenging to work early hours and have to pay to for an uber or parking to get to work safely.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about the lower level employees.

Apr 6, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Hi, thanks for your feedback. It's inspiring to hear how you feel about your team and your manager. We work hard to create an environment that fosters that kind of community and drives productivity... More

"I have been part of a sales team at one of the newer divisions at Zillow"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, low stress, generally achievable quota, great co workers, flexible schedule, great vacation time. The job is easy as long as you remain focused and creative.

Cons

Money could be better. Advancement is limited. Lots of favoritism and politics by managers. Repetitive work and Inefficient workflow for salespeople.

Advice to Management

Hire less people. You're hiring so many people so quickly that you can't see that there's less opportunity to make quota than ever before.

Mar 28, 2017 – Zillow Representative

Thank you for your feedback. I’m happy that you like the atmosphere, co-workers, and a lot of the benefits (and thanks for staying focused and creative!) Regarding your feedback on favoritism and... More

5. "Zillow and CES/PAC review. Growing department in a fantastic company!"

Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is mainly a review regarding the Client Engagement Specialist (CES) position. The position is a great way to meet like minded, career oriented young professionals. I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with and appreciated their attitudes. In the CES role you get to start at the ground level in a market changing company and interact with many different audiences from website consumers, to real estate agents, to lenders as well as internal departments. The CES position is what you make it. It can be extremely valuable if you take the time to cultivate relationships, build your network and learn more about Zillow Group. My former manager Justin, was one of the best mangers I have had in my professional career. He took the time to listen to me (regarding the good and the bad), he always made time for me and my team and he was always on our side and represented us in a good light. I have since moved on from that role (and stayed within Zillow Group) but if it was not for Justin, I probably would not have my new position within the company.

Cons

Being a CES on the Premier Agent Concierge (PAC) team does come with challenges like any position at any company. PAC was a pilot when I started and grew into a full fledged department within Zillow Group. Now staffing almost 300 employees (including team leads and managers), it comes with growing pains. The job can be monotonous and team leads and managers have a difficult time combating that. You occasionally deal with rude consumers and unprofessional agents. PAC also has long hours and works weekends and holidays so it can be hard to get the time off you want and the schedule does not work for everyone. Zillow Group has a phenomenal culture with company events and perks and PAC member do not always get the opportunity to part-take in those. Management says they are working on it but have never had a successful solution. Much of this has to do with the nature of the job and isn't necessarily a short coming on Zillow's behalf, but they are things applicants should be aware of.

Advice to Management

Overall, it was an honor to work in PAC and see all the exciting growth and the big changes. Management needs to continue to listen to PAC member when they have concerns or ideas as these can radically help the growth of not only PAC but Zillow as a company. One last shout out to my previous manager Justin, thank you for everything that you did and continue to be the best team lead that PAC has ever seen!

Apr 21, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Hi, thanks for this very thoughtful feedback. I especially like your advice to management. I agree, and we will 100% continue to ask and listen to everyone in the department. It's one of the great... More

"Great people, great culture"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I have worked with so far are the best and the brightest I've ever met. Zillow stays true to itself and employees by hiring the best, and providing a great environment to do their best.

Cons

Its often cloudy for some or all of the day in Seattle.

Apr 11, 2017 – CTO

Thanks for the feedback and being a part of this great engineering team. If along the way, you see things that could be done better, please don't hesitate to bring it up with your manager, peers and... More

"Sr. Business Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company as a whole. Really can't complain from a big picture. The CEO is remarkable, the vision is amazing, and the benefits are incredible.

Cons

The Denver office is really only a sales center. Don't get me wrong, you can make a great living, but career trajectory is very limited.

Advice to Management

I have the same things to say that have already been said. It's truly a great company, just not the place for someone who values their job beyond a paycheck.

Feb 22, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

Thank you for the fantastic review. I agree on all fronts. Regarding career opportunities, this is an important topic to me personally and we should discuss your insights further. Please feel free... More

"Business Consultant review"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks, co-workers, location, hours, kitchen

Cons

Feel under a micro-scope, micro-managed

Mar 29, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

Thank you for the review. Our people are what make Zillow Group great and I am glad to hear you feel the same way. Your feedback regarding our management style is important and appreciated. If you... More

"Awesome place to work!!!!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

We get to work with an innovative team of sales people and account managers in growing Real Estate agents businesses. The opportunity to grow and be more involved in the upper echelon of the company is huge.

Cons

There are really no cons to this job

Mar 9, 2017 – Senior Director - Inside Sales, Seattle

I'm glad you think Zillow Group is an awesome place to work! We continue to focus on providing the opportunity to grow and I am glad that you have noticed that. If you have any other feedback you'd... More

"Great company, could work on the department"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work 4 days a week and have 3 day weekends. work with great people and have great teams.

Cons

Don't get to benefit from everything that Zillow offers. You are tied to the desk for 10 hours a day and ot's exhausting. There is not a lot of room for movement within the department and they don't encourage you to get to know the company. They want you to focus all your energy on the department without being able to learn anything else.

Advice to Management

Encourage you employees to want to be better and push themselves. Try to understand how monotonous our positions are and make them better for us to work.

Apr 6, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Great to hear you like the teams, people, and shifts. I'm sorry you feel tied to your desk. Our department provides an amazing service to thousands of consumers and real... More