Zimmer Biomet Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Zimmer Biomet President and CEO Bryan Hanson
Bryan Hanson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This is due to the work/life balance that I have seen practices and not just preached" (in 50 reviews)

• "Positive culture, great work environment" (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • "Zimmer and Biomet merger made work a little disorganized" (in 32 reviews)

• "The work-life balance wasn't sustainable" (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sr. Analyst"

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time

Pros

- Culture
    - Great leadership team
    - New CEO and his vision
    - Employees are valued the most
    - Positive culture to help each other

Cons

Location for some people! Some people like it here though. Keep in mind, Warsaw is the orthopaedic capital of the world.

Advice to Management

Best team, best roadmap

Aug 6, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

At Zimmer Biomet, we strive to create a positive environment where Team Members can feel appreciated and recognized. Your unique perspective helps us to achieve that goal. Thank you for taking the... More

"Dental Division"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time

Pros

great products, brand within the industry, and knowledgeable people to use a resources when new to the industry. Been with the company for almost 3 years and couldn't be happier in my role.

Cons

only con in my eyes which is a big one is they continue to change the comp plans for salesforce every year. So far every year i've been with the division they have changed our comp plans. So far it hasn't affected my income because I continue to perform and hit my numbers. It does get annoying having to learn your comp plan every year and figure out how to make it work to your financial benefit.

Advice to Management

Pick a comp plan and stick to it! Every time you change the comp plan all it does is create turmoil among your team.

Feb 11, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review. At Zimmer Biomet, we actively seek and appreciate constructive feedback. Your insight and perspective is highly valued.

3. "Excellent company"

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with friendly coworkers

Cons

below average salary to employee

Apr 22, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for providing us with feedback. We are pleased that your experience with us has been a positive one.

4. "Planner"

Pros

- Work life balance
    - Team members enjoy working with each other
    - Investing in new technology (NPI)
    - Growth opportunities for high performers
    - Relaxed dress code
    - Investing in education and training

Cons

- Not enough investment in sustaining support roles means stressful operations post-launch
    - Cost savings always seems to start with cutting needed open positions (not a savings if the position hasn’t been filled)
    - Large contracted workforce with low tenure can make bigger messes than they were hired to fix

Advice to Management

- “The standard Zimmer 10%” for promotions leads to discontent. Growing with the company doesn’t keep pace with going outside the company.
    - Invest more in full-time sustaining support. NPI keeps us growing, but operations keeps the lights on.
    - Continue investing in people! Training opportunities and education are a great recruiting tool we’ve done well with!

Apr 22, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your perspective regarding your employment with us. At Zimmer Biomet, we actively seek and appreciate constructive feedback such as yours.

5. "Great to learn the ropes"

Pros

Provides education and experience for new reps

Cons

Must fight to grow past a point

Apr 22, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for feedback. We find value in what our current and former Team Members are sharing about Zimmer Biomet on Glassdoor.

6. "Great Company that cares!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Tech Representative in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Tech Representative in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits effective on Day 1, Pay above normal. VACATION DAYS!!! Zimmer Biomet cares about their employees.

I have really enjoyed my time at Zimmer Biomet, would continue to work here, but spouse has been relocated for his job. Anywhere you work, you will here negative things, and not so much positive. From my perspective, I really have positive things to say. The dental implant department has seen some changes over the past 3 years after Zimmer and Biomet 3i merged. The last 1 1/2 years there has been significant improvements all around. There are many employees that have been here for years!! Everyone I have had the pleasure to work with has been helpful and caring. It really is a family here. With that said, you do have to put yourself out there to be a part of the team. We had many birthday, potlucks and other celebrations that we would all contribute to. They also brought back Customer Service weekend, where they really celebrate the employees and their accomplishments. We held bake sales for different charities, and Zimmer Biomet holds a Halloween contest for different departments to turn their areas into haunted houses. So many things that I can go on and on about. As I said before, it is a big family and everyone cares for each other. A job that I didn't have to stress over once I left for the day. Never had anything to complain about once I got home. My direct management was fair and was not micro-managed. Just come to work, do your job, don't start drama, and the job would be easy for anyone.

Cons

Can't really think of any.

"Dental Territory Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High performance compensation package for those who do well, meet and exceed their numbers. Management is amazing. CEO has a true interest in the dental division and is allocating dollars towards research. As a new rep, training has been excellent 5/5 stars. Company is not shy to admit the growing pains since the acquisition but I believe leadership has a smart plan in place to move the company forward and take back market share. As a rep, you really have such a solid portfolio of value+premium and other products such as regenerative that really help you stand out. If you're a solid rep, you can do extremely well here.

Cons

The company has experienced a lot of turnover since the merger, in addition to some other growing pains. As far as I can tell, these seem to be behind us and this is a great time to join with tremendous opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in education offerings for our clinicians.

Apr 8, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your positive feedback. It is our ongoing mission to ensure all our Team Members enjoy a positive work experience.

8. "Demanding position, on call, no associate"

Former Employee - Spine Sales Representative in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Spine Sales Representative in Davenport, IA

I worked at Zimmer Biomet (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, flexible schedule after establishing base of business, expense account, benefits, car and phone paid for. No over nights unless it makes sense

Cons

On call, demanding, could get called at anytime, no associate to help cover call, if you have an associate they take away some of your pay to justify the associate. Demand increase sales in a saturated market. Devices, plates, screws have been commoditized by hospitals so you either play by the hospitals rules pricing wise or the doctors can’t use the products.

Advice to Management

Increase support in the area so people can live their lives, lower your sales expectations market is very saturated.

Apr 22, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your unique experience and perspective during your employment with Zimmer Biomet. While we strive to provide a dynamic environment that challenges and empowers our Team Members... More

9. "Still learning"

Current Employee - Product Assurance Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Product Assurance Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working hours, nice benefit package is pretty good. Lots of perks and good people to work with.

Cons

I don't see many long term workers there.

Apr 1, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

10. "Community Leader but Average"

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time

Pros

Respectful company that does good work for society and cares a fair amount about employees while trying to maintain business growth. Has great employee benefits.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity to grow within your select department.

Apr 15, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your perspective regarding your employment with us. At Zimmer Biomet, we actively seek constructive feedback, such as yours, to continue to improve and... More