Zimmer Biomet Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zimmer Biomet President and Chief Executive Officer David Dvorak
David Dvorak

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance should be given a little priority (in 20 reviews)

• upper management overlooked everything good about what employees acclomplished (in 32 reviews)

1. "Sales support specialist"

Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great working environment and they do what they can to provide all the essential tools to keep employees healthy and happy.

Cons

Needed to provide an on site gym or incentive to employees who go to gyms to stay healthy.

Advice to Management

Make sure to not get involved or participate in any of the drama that tends to happen.

Feb 23, 2017 – HR Associate Director

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your perspective regarding your employment with us. At Zimmer Biomet, we actively seek constructive feedback, such as yours, to continue to improve and ... More

2. "Finance Internship"

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet (Less than a year)

Pros

The finance internship program at Zimmer is a great experience. It's not the typical intern experience where you are given busy work. You work on real projects that are challenging and have a real impact. You are also put on a team with other interns and given a problem to solve and then present your solution to the CFO. The people are are pretty great too.

Cons

My only con is the location. There is not that much to do in Warsaw.

Feb 16, 2017 – HR Associate Director

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad you had an opportunity to appreciate our benefits and culture during your employment with Zimmer Biomet. It is our ongoing mission to ensure all of ... More

"Management"

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Zimmer Biomet employees have a great opportunity to grow within the organization. The team members are all hard working and have a patient first mentality. Very fair compensation and benefits packages. Overall a great company to work for.

Cons

Each division of Zimmer Biomet is different, the culture, opportunities and leadership. Knowledgeable and strong leadership is lacking in the dental division. During the merger promotions and opportunities were offered to several team members lacking leadership experience or put in roles with zero experience or education. Poor vision leads to chaos and unmotivated team members.

Advice to Management

Advice to Management. Utilize the strengths of your supporting team and listen in order to be successful, you don't have all the answers. Empower and trust leads to a strong team. Without a clear vision, communication and strong leadership you will have poor results.

Feb 16, 2017 – HR Associate Director

"Love the company, benefits and manager...but corporate execs will always be REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE..."

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing manager and support team. Great base pay, benefits, etc. There are a lot of resources to be utilized and the training is rather comprehensive.

Cons

The company feels too big at times to get things done quickly. Oh, and the comp plan? That's a joke...

Feb 16, 2017 – HR Associate Director

We are pleased that you find Zimmer Biomet a nice place to work, and that you continue to enjoy your work environment. Thank you for taking the time to share your perspectives.

6. "Good work life balance"

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance so far.

Cons

Needs stronger leadership. Few vacation time.

Advice to Management

Needs stronger leadership

Feb 23, 2017 – HR Associate Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we are sorry to hear you are concerned with the leadership and future of Zimmer Biomet. We believe that our leadership has the tools and experience needed to ... More

7. "Quality Engineer"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Zimmer Biomet as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is laid back. The salary was pretty decent. There are some pretty cool people to learn from. This role encouraged a pretty independent learning ability. Meeting rooms are quite nice.

Cons

At times, communication between team members was very lacking. Everyone seemed to be on a different page.

Advice to Management

I would advise to improve team communication. Although it can be a difficult task, it is always a rewarding experience to invest in great communication within a team.

8. "Loved working here"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Zimmer Biomet as a contractor

Pros

Good team environment and can learn a lot of things.

Cons

Walk a lot between departments during job.

"Director"

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time

Pros

Company provides competitive salary, benefits, and bonuses. The culture is pretty good, and the people are very professional. Senior leadership has a good vision and working to improve the competitiveness of the company.

Cons

The industry is undergoing a lot of change and the customer challenges are significant. All this makes for a challenging atmosphere with customers.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate and invest in your top performers. With all the challenges, those individuals will help the company achieve goals.

10. "It is a good company to work for and you can see speedy growth if you are recognized by upper management"

Current Contractor - Quality Engineer in Warsaw, IN
    Current Contractor - Quality Engineer in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone gets Flexible hours, Good work life balance, friendly colleagues and management. It is a big company especially after acquiring Biomet.

Cons

Deadlines are sometimes given more importance than quality of work- not always though.
    Not a great location to live at in Warsaw.

11. "Territory manager"

Pros

Well known company, good solid quality manufacturing, very well known biologics

Cons

Too many competitors in space, one of the most copied products in the industry

Advice to Management

Marched with 3i after I left and I would not be able to suggest any changes at this time.