Zimmer Biomet Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Zimmer Biomet Interim CEO Daniel P. Florin
Daniel P. Florin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good company with Work/ Life Balance (in 35 reviews)

• All my supervisors are great people to work with (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Zimmer and Biomet merger made work a little disorganized (in 25 reviews)

• Work/life balance should be given a little priority (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet for over a decade and have seen the company go through good times and challenging times. The one thing that has always remained consistent is the opportunity for people to grow in their careers. I have had a successful career at Zimmer Biomet as the result of hard work and great opportunities. Some of those opportunities were presented to me, while I sought out others. Having support to grow your career is one of the best pros I have personally had a Zimmer Biomet.

Cons

Like every company out there, Zimmer Biomet has room for improvement. This company has grown a lot, recently, through a number of acquisitions. Any time you are bringing people together through acquisition, there are challenges. Zimmer Biomet need to make sure that the vision continues to be clearly communicated and that there are training and resources available for the new Team Members to come up to speed on processes.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate your vision and remember that you lead by example.

Jun 14, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. At Zimmer Biomet, we recognize the importance of development and encourage you to grow in your career. We have many resources available to advance your career... More

2. "Great learning about medical device industry"

Current Contractor - Production Engineer in Warsaw, IN
    Current Contractor - Production Engineer in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good learning experience regarding production line

Cons

I havent experienced anything as for now.

3. "Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Zimmer Biomet as an intern

Pros

great working environment. people very nice. dedicated to improving employees by maximizing exposure to all departments within the company.

Cons

Nothing bad to say here. worked in a really great team with each others and the company's best interest in mind.

Advice to Management

management style is relaxed. a lot of freedom to work on your projects and explore the different opportunities within the company.

4. "Zimmer Biomet positioned for growth"

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the orthopedic space, Zimmer Biomet offers some of the best products available to surgeons and hospital customers. The local leadership is outstanding and there is strong support from Corporate headquarters to ensure ZB continues to be a successful and enjoyable company to work for. For sales representatives, the commissions structure is more favorable compared to local competitors. ZB also makes a commitment to invest in the development of their employees and provides opportunities for personal and career growth at all levels in the organization.

Cons

There have been supply chain issues for almost a year throughout Zimmer Biomet. Theses issues have lead to significant logistical challenges.

Advice to Management

Management needs to continue to look towards broader solutions to all the challenges that sales and operations face each day. Just because somethings have been done a certain way for years does not mean that those processes are the way things should be done going forward.

Sep 18, 2017 – HR Associate Director

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We appreciate your perspective regarding your employment with us. At Zimmer Biomet, we actively seek constructive feedback, such as yours, to continue to improve... More

5. "Quality Engineer"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet as a contractor

Pros

Nice place to get experience of working in a FDA regulated environment

Cons

Lot of products And product groups to work with

6. "Finance Intern"

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Warsaw, IN
    Former Intern - Finance Intern in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse work experience opportunities available
    Wonderful networking opportunities
    Full-time employment options

Cons

Warsaw, IN - location
    Slightly below average for hourly pay for industry, but cost of living is lower

7. "Process Engineering Intern"

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet part-time

Pros

The internship provided a great learning culture.

Cons

When production is low, work suffers.

Sep 10, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our success relies on dedicated people like you and we appreciate your feedback.

8. "How can we explain this to our employees and support family?"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Zimmer Biomet have given thousands of people opportunities to grow in their craft and support the company's goals. Our people are the breath of our being and we appreciate all the hard work to make our company successful. We provide a positive impact to lives all over the world.

Cons

I do not write reviews of any company nor should I have to. I was a bit disturbed after an evaluation of an earlier post because it was stated Zimmer Biomet is not supporting our supply base. To have the contributions of our company create a detrimental effect of a suppliers employees is not what Zimmer Biomet represents. With all the power within my means I will have this incident completely investigated. I will visit the supplier myself, if need be, to find out what happened and what, if any, we did to contribute to an employee being separated from their company. It is with great regret that we could have any effect of an employee, and those that support us. Rest assured we will get to the bottom of this incident. This is not the reputation we want to demonstrate to current or future employees that read social media such as this.

Advice to Management

No guidance is needed. I will make sure that this will not reoccur and that if anyone has backed this to create such a misfortune and impact the life of our supplier base employees, it will be dealt with.

9. "Great work place with great co workers"

Current Employee - Customer Sales Support in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Sales Support in Austin, TX

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment and really relax workspace

Cons

only a contract position, if they offered a permanent position I would take it

Advice to Management

Need to upgrade sales support systems

Aug 18, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for providing us with feedback. We are pleased that your experience with us has been a positive one.

10. "Fantastic Experience"

Current Intern - Medical Education OperationsKnees in Warsaw, IN
    Current Intern - Medical Education OperationsKnees in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great company atmosphere with many opportunities to go out and get hands-on experience. One of the intern managers arranged for a few of us to visit a surgeon in the operating room, which was awesome to watch. I was given the opportunity to make a difference in the group and was not restricted to "intern work."

Cons

Warsaw is not my favorite town , I chose not to live there as it is incredibly tiny and not ideal for someone in their 20's. I choose to live in Fort Wayne and commute 45 to and from every day.

Advice to Management

Trim down the online training modules- many of the ones that I was required to complete had no relevance to the job I did this summer.