Zimmer Biomet Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Zimmer Biomet Interim CEO Daniel P. Florin
Daniel P. Florin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good company with Work/ Life Balance (in 36 reviews)

• All my supervisors are great people to work with (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Zimmer and Biomet merger made work a little disorganized (in 25 reviews)

• Work/life balance should be given a little priority (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet for over a decade and have seen the company go through good times and challenging times. The one thing that has always remained consistent is the opportunity for people to grow in their careers. I have had a successful career at Zimmer Biomet as the result of hard work and great opportunities. Some of those opportunities were presented to me, while I sought out others. Having support to grow your career is one of the best pros I have personally had a Zimmer Biomet.

Cons

Like every company out there, Zimmer Biomet has room for improvement. This company has grown a lot, recently, through a number of acquisitions. Any time you are bringing people together through acquisition, there are challenges. Zimmer Biomet need to make sure that the vision continues to be clearly communicated and that there are training and resources available for the new Team Members to come up to speed on processes.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate your vision and remember that you lead by example.

Zimmer Biomet Response

Jun 14, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. At Zimmer Biomet, we recognize the importance of development and encourage you to grow in your career. We have many resources available to advance your career... More

"Life at Zimmer"

Current Employee - Associate Director - Finance in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Director - Finance in Warsaw, IN

Pros

The people are very friendly with a stereotypical Midwestern warmth. The culture is very collobarative and people work together to solve problems. Morale is generally high. The compensation and benefits are good for this part of the country.

Cons

There are very high expectations of employees at Zimmer and some people fail to live up to them. The rural location is not for everyone and the town is conservative.

Advice to Management

None, I think they are doing a good job. People are treated with respect.

3. "A Great Opportunity"

Former Employee - Inventory Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Inventory Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

I enjoyed the location of Biomet, the Co-Workers within the building, and the pay I received was comparable. It was a nice place to work in general. My direct supervisor was very understanding with various personal issues I had that may/may not have intruded upon my work. I appreciated that.

Cons

Hours were long sometimes, early in the morning, sometimes I was working at 2a at a hospital for a salesman who was making all the money with the commissions. Upon that, higher management was a little arrogant sometimes, but other than that- not too much. As I have said, it was a nice place to work.

Advice to Management

Listen a bit more to ideas

4. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

Pros

Incredibly relaxed, fun and open work atmosphere. Great job hiring new employees and great opportunities for lateral and vertical movement within the company.

Cons

Not quite as big as their major competitors, Zimmer, Depuy, Stryker and Smith & Nephew, however a much more innovative and socially responsible firm.

Advice to Management

More feedback to employees on a regular basis. More on campus amenities such as a better cafeteria or a fitness room.

5. "My experience with Biomet was wonderful. This was a great place to work and everyone within Biomet was always friendly."

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

They were very family oriented. They loved providing for their employees and their families. We had a company picinic that included each employees family to join in the festivity for every year. The best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

The only downside was that they moved my position to Warsaw, Indiana; therefore, I was laid off. I would have rather stayed in my position doing what I loved.

Advice to Management

Biomet Microfixation is a wonderful Company to work for. I really miss working for Biomet Microfixation. They had the greatest team and management.

6. ""DO THE RIGHT THING" is the motto."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience at Zimmer Dental has been exceptional. From the President down through management they are professional, knowledgeable, caring people to be associated with. My co-workers are diverse in age, ethnicity, culture, gender, and religious beliefs and everyone I work with is respectful and respected. This is not my first job in the medical manufacturing industry but it is my last. I am lucky to be employed by Zimmer Dental and management makes me feel appreciated. I was hired at Zimmer Dental after a layoff from another company and now I love to say "that layoff was the luckiest day of my professional life."

Thank you for this opportunity to be a positive voice for Zimmer Dental.

Cons

For me, professionally and personally, there are no "cons." Not at this time and I have been there 3 years.

Advice to Management

Live and work the motto "DO THE RIGHT THING" and Zimmer Dental will grow and prosper.

"Great place to work! Great Benefits!"

Current Employee - Facilities Technician in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Facilities Technician in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good job security (no lay offs through recession), Competitive pay, Air conditioned shop, 100% match up to 6% 401k (with roth 401k option), 15 days vacation per year, Low premium HSA & HRA insurance, free $50,000 life insurance, free short term disability insurance, free long term disability insurance, low cost dental insurance, low cost eye insurance, free coffee, free black tea, free hot chocolate, there is a cafeteria.

Cons

There are communication issues between Hourly people and management. The United Steel Workers are trying to organize Biomet right now (May 2013) and trying to get people to be discontent.

Advice to Management

Find better ways to communicate with Hourly employees.

8. "Excellent Company!"

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Commitment to excellence and employees

Cons

Large organization and size sometimes gets in the way.

9. "One of the best companies that I have ever worked for. They are very detailed oriented with their employees."

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Biomet knows how to make their employees enjoy their jobs by rewarding them for a job well done.

Cons

I have no cons about Biomet

Advice to Management

I had an awesome supervisor and manager while I worked at Biomet.

10. "Very friendly Bunch!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like the vision, and progressive thinking for the product lines we represent.

Cons

Takes a bit of time to get custom instruments done.

Advice to Management

Stay focused.