Zimmerman Advertising Account Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zimmerman Advertising Founder & Chairman Jordan Zimmerman
Jordan Zimmerman

Pros
  • You can learn a lot in a short amount of time and there is constantly something new to learn (in 16 reviews)

• There are some great people within; they have to be great to tolerate the non-stop 24/7/365 more-more-more mantra (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a constant challenge, as in all client service based businesses (in 24 reviews)

• Gap in company culture--employees either love it or hate it but both tell you just as loudly, low pay at most levels for the south florida zip code (in 26 reviews)

1. "Survey"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising (Less than a year)

Pros

Advancement opportunities, Benefits , Employee Appreciation

Cons

Distance, Minimal locations, Least possible flexibility

2. "1 month in..."

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

company culture
    nice people
    free food always

Cons

lower pay, but there is potential to grow and work your way up

3. "Survery"

Current Employee - Digital Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Digital Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, awesome people and perks, and I am learning so much everyday

Cons

Doesnt pay as much as I would like, but the experience i'm gaining is priceless

Advice to Management

Create a set guideline for training purposes

5. "Account Coordinator"

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zimmerman has a great environment. The company is extremely fast-paced which enables employees to learn quickly. People are smart and innovative and friendly. Zimmerman also offers good benefits and activities for its employers.

Cons

The fast-paced nature of the company can be a downside. Most people are always swamped and sometimes too busy to sit down and explain something.

"Get In, Get Out"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Zimmerman a little over year as my first job out of college. I would say I learned a lot within the digital industry. The atmosphere is great with a lot of young people straight out of school as well. It is simply a resume builder.

Cons

To me, Zimmerman is a 'get in, get out' type of company. You make your way into the industry and build your resume and then get out as soon as possible. The only way you can actually grow, move up and make decent money is to stay there for a decade. The starting pay and then after hitting a year is not even feasible for someone straight of college, you have no way of supporting yourself. People actually decline their job offers because they can't afford to live off of what the company is willing to pay. This happens because they know some other poor graduate is going to come in and accept the job because they simply just want experience. What kind of culture is that? Why would you not want the best of the best working for your company and your top clients, not just someone that is willing work for nothing when they might not even be completely qualified. With having so many big brands, you would think they would like to treat their clients with the best they can give them. On the working side of things, the amount of micromanaging that takes place on a daily basis is unreal. The work they have you doing is not even worth getting paid so little and to have someone on your back constantly is not what you want to be dealing with. You have supervisors on high horses that are literally glorified babysitters, while everyone else is working on everything that needs to get out the door. My first 6 months, 4 people quit in my department, not one of them regret it. The company is known for their turnover rate. As stated before, I definitely learned a lot and got real world experience with a big name on my resume but I will literally never got back.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a decent amount and maybe the turnover rate would not be through the roof.

"Discombobulated Company"

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office and location. Kitchens on each floor and free kurig k-cups. Donuts on occasion.

Cons

unorganized and disrespectful to employees. Expect overtime hours for little pay.

8. "Enjoyable Work Environment"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Employees at Zimmerman are very driven and enjoyable to work with. The work environment is stimulating; you're constantly learning and challenging yourself to excel at your position. I work in the Nissan division and can honestly say that if you have a good relationship with your team and are eager to learn, the day flies by and makes going to work enjoyable.

Bonus: The agency often provides food trucks that will come on Friday and arrange other little happenings for all of the employees to enjoy!

Cons

Pay could be better, however there is room for advancement within the agency.
    It's fast-paced, but teaches you a lot and is good experience.

"Account Coordinator"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Honestly, this place is an awesome agency to work at. It is an exciting time to be a part of Zimmerman because they are getting new clients and they are rapidly growing. The corporate culture is very fun and laid back, which takes the pressure off of being at work. Lots of young and friendly people here too.

Cons

The biggest con to working here is the pay. The national average salary for an Account Coordinator is $44,000. Zimmerman pays you $24,000. After 6 months they automatically bump you up to 27,500 and after a year to $30,000. This is all they promise you, after a year it is up to you to find a way to move up in the company and increase your salary. This is why the turn around is so big here. Everyone comes here to gain some experience and then moves to an agency where they actually get compensated fairly.

Advice to Management

You guys want to be one of the greatest agencies but do not compensate your workers nearly enough to want to stay here and help you achieve that. Instead you are hiring upper level executives externally and paying them very well while leaving the crumbs for the rest of your employees. I do not understand why you want to pay so low and have to keep wasting everyone's time constantly training new hires, when you could make this job competitive and compensate fairly and actually keep employees long enough to help the company grow. You are literally losing your talent to other agencies because of this issue and this is where you are messing up as a company. I would definitely suggest at least paying the national average for the positions people are working for.

10. "So far so good!"

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Zimmerman as an Account Coordinator is a great crash course in advertising. Zimmerman is an account person's playground, because it has this amazing mix of new business and long-term client relationships. Beautiful building. Fun and smart people.

Zimmerman values continued education; lectures are offered every week on a range of topics. If you ask for more work you can always get more involved. I'm in Account Services but have approached other departments about being looped in on projects, and everyone has been so enthusiastic about having me on board. Often times the title "Account Coordinator" can mean "glorified assistant." Plenty administrative tasks are routine and expected with this job, but I constantly ask to sit in on meetings, to be looped in on projects, and to have more responsibility. Do this (and do good work to back it up), and you can learn so much. You just have to prove that you want it.

It's an exciting time to be at the agency: new accounts, new business, new talent, and positive vibes and energy all around. Upper management is almost weirdly accessible. Jordan Zimmerman conducts an on-boarding session for each round of new employee hires and is in the office all of the time. Michael Goldberg is everything you could want and more from a CEO. He has an extremely genuine open door policy. He will take his time to answer your emails, discuss your goals, or have a meeting with you regardless of your level in the company. I feel extremely lucky to work under him.

Cons

Sure, the pay isn't great. But if you adjust for cost of living, it's basically the same level as what you would make in New York City as an entry-level employee.

"Accounts"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising (Less than a year)

Pros

Young enviorment and a cool building

Cons

Everything is rushed and due "yesterday"