Cover image for Zimmerman Advertising

Advertising

1y

works at

Zimmerman Advertising

Zimmerman Advertising called all the employees that are currently working from home and gave them an ultimatum, either you come back to work full time on Monday or layoffs are going to happen. All this over phone, so no email or message on the record, what is the point of coming back as of right now? Vaccines are starting to roll out and it will be done in a couple of months? Name a company that cares less for the well being of their employees

1,214

190 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low Pay and you have to valet your car (scratches or dents?(in 83 reviews)
  • "long hours and overtime pay sucks so don't even think about asking for overtime pay(in 31 reviews)
  • "Zimmerman gets away with the ridiculously low salaries because they know everyone wants to work here.(in 28 reviews)
  • "No work life balance!(in 24 reviews)
  • "Poor management(in 23 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zimmerman Advertising and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

New-hire Review

Sep 16, 2022 - Social Media Buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

My coworkers are the best humans on earth! The facility is very cool and office life is met with fun, thanks to our HR department.

Cons

At an agency this size, communication is something always looked at and aimed to improve upon.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Churn and Burn. 24/7, Seriously. They mean it. Don't do it unless you're desperate or a masochist.

Nov 19, 2022 - Account Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

PSA: When reading reviews, it's important to know that new employees (I think after 30 to 90 days??) are asked to write a review. Keep this in mind when you read the brief but positive 'current employee' reviews. They may not have much experience to draw from. Above average technology, equipment and resources. Responsive, competent IT department, and Mac based, which I prefer. Ample learning opportunities - some are constructive and will grow your business acumen and skillsets; other learnings are how to treat people better than they will treat you, and to be cautious where you place trust. Get burned, and learn. Leverage the learning opportunities and build that resume, then move on to greener pastures. You are head count, expendable and you do not matter, so make sure it's worth your while and get everything out of it that you can. Modern office and facilities. Free food sometimes. Freestyle fountain soda in breakroom. This is important because you will probably spend more time at the office than at home. After working here, you will appreciate a healthy, supportive workplace when you find one.

Cons

Egos run wild. High pressure environment -often for the wrong reasons. Rampant favoritism. Some obnoxious personalities in executive/upper management. Low pay. Below industry standard. Is the juice worth the squeeze? I didn't think so. Abysmal work/life balance. 15 to 18 hour work days. Employees are treated like a possession and boundaries are nonexistent. '24/7 seriously' is a real thing. They mean it. Thankless long hours and frequent unnecessary 'fire drills'. No path for career growth for most. More often than not, promotions are rewarded bad behavior. If you've been there for 2 years with no raise and no growth, hightail it out of there. Really. Pay raises are few and far between, even when you check all the boxes and perform above expectations. They do not bat an eye at mass layoffs and pay cuts. Word of advice: do not expect severance compensation if you are laid off. Not much training to speak of. On-the-job learning, but be sure to not make ANY mistakes! (see above) For those in client leadership roles/account management: imposed limitations make it difficult to entertain and 'woo' clients (ahem - limit 1 drink per day). Understandable for employees, I suppose, but borderline embarrassing to cut off clients. Don't exceed the per diem or 1 drink rule, or expect to pay out of pocket. Benefits are average at best, and as compared to other Omnicom agencies, benefit subsidies are poor. The employee funds most (I want to say 95%, or more) of the premium cost. For families, it's a bum deal. You get the cost efficiency from getting to be part of the large Omnicom group, but I wouldn't call it a true 'benefit' at the ZADV level. Good specific question to ask before accepting an offer - what will be the pre-tax withholding. It can take a significant bite out of your net pay. The good news? If you're laid off, COBRA won't be nearly as steep as you thought it would be. ;)

3. Join the Zimmerman Advertising team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to learn

Sep 28, 2022 - Group Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learn your way up fast pace

Cons

None that worth pointing out

5. 1.0

Toxic is an understatement

Oct 28, 2022 - Assistant Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Different teams may have had different experiences

Cons

This place was a nightmare. People were uncooperative, misogynistic, petty, and unhelpful. No really, someone said in a meeting that 'women take the notes'. So unorganized because there is such a high amount of turnover that no one is able to train anyone in the systems. I would spend a whole day circling the building trying to find someone to teach me what should have been a simple task but I would be ping ponged from person to person because no one knew the protocol! The pay is SO bad. Long long hours. Also, the valet situation is weird and not a cool 'perk'. I still cringe every time I drive past the building. I wouldn't wish employment here upon my worst enemy.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not the place for a long-term career

Sep 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

80% is not great to work with. The 20% that are gems, I'd work with again in a heartbeat

Cons

Horrible pay, overworked, terrible work-life balance, ignorant management

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The founder will probably pay to have this removed.

Oct 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offer free soda and coffee in the cafeteria. And the soda machine is one of the cool, new modern ones with a touchscreen!

Cons

They won't pay for leadership training, but the founder will pay $7,000/month for his 2.1 million fake IG followers to comment and like every post. #embarrassing #jzspeaks

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Very Welcoming

Sep 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Agency has great a onboarding program and everyone has been very welcoming.

Cons

I'm still learning the agency, so haven't determined areas of improvement yet.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company and great people

Aug 31, 2022 - Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interview process was expedient and well-managed. Onboarding very comprehensive. Everyone has been so helpful and welcoming

Cons

Really fast paced and big workload, but this is advertising life!

10. 5.0

Great to be back!!!

Aug 29, 2022 - Vice President, Group Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

This agency is no longer a "stepping stone" to greener more prosperous pastures in your advertising career... it is the greener pastures!!!

Cons

None come to mind at this point.

11. 1.0

Worst Agency Ever!

Sep 21, 2022 - Creative Project Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros. Working here is the worst decision I made in my life.

Cons

Working here is highly toxic, especially for people of color. I moved from a different city to work here and was begged to by the HR department. During training, I was thrown into so many tasks with little direction. When I asked questions to the leaders of my department, I was scolded and yelled at for asking questions after 60 days of my training. I'll be clear that my training lasted 90 days, and in the first 30 days, I was so micro-managed and had little to do, so the next 30 days left me with so many questions. I was so overly managed to the point where I felt I was a coordinator rather than a specialist. I outsmarted my boss on so much of the work we did, which only made her act more aggressive with the approval of the upper manager. I was also told I kept to myself too much and had to socialize with the creative team. Most creative department elders did not accept me without knowing me because of our racial differences. Once people began to like me, I was told I needed to socialize less. During my last week working at Zimmerman, upper management told us that we had to be in the office for the next three days due to a new "fake" client. My coworkers and I knew that the company was only prepping us for a permanent in-office schedule since we previously worked hybrid. I ended up taking the day off on Friday when layoffs occurred. My coworkers informed me of what was happening, so I knew I would be laid off by Monday. I was given many reasons why the layoffs happened that didn't make sense. I was also told I would be the first to be rehired due to my carelessness when upper management told me this would be my last day. My coworker said that layoffs happen often, and it's a way to intimidate the people who stay. Even after a week of being laid off, my coworkers told me they were now put on a permanent in-office schedule and had to work like "Steve Jobs." I'm glad I'm out. My only wish is that I didn't listen to HR when told I should move and work here.

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 684 Reviews
</>Embed

Zimmerman Advertising Reviews FAQs

Zimmerman Advertising has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 771 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Zimmerman Advertising to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Zimmerman Advertising employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Zimmerman Advertising. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

49% of Zimmerman Advertising employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zimmerman Advertising 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Zimmerman Advertising to be career development, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be management, benefits, culture.

Popular Careers with Zimmerman Advertising Job Seekers