Zimmerman Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Zimmerman Advertising Founder & Chairman Jordan Zimmerman
Jordan Zimmerman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I'm also getting to learn a lot about the trade as well as the time frames in which they are done (in 21 reviews)

• Fast paced and quick learning environment (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a constant challenge, as in all client service based businesses (in 26 reviews)

• very low pay compared to other internships in the area (in 27 reviews)

"An Awful Experience"

Current Employee - Creative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Creative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hype is one thing, reality is anther. Yes, its a cool building , part of Omnicom, in beautiful South Florida but that's where it ends

Cons

Low pay, untalented managers who are afraid to have an opinion on anything except tow the company line, no regard for quality work -- garbage in, garbage out, unhappy clients, no training or mentorship just lambs to the slaughter

Advice to Management

Yes this is a "machine" -- bereft of humanity, ambition or collaboration. I might as well be working on an assembly line in Detroit

"Account Executive"

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

The people you work with are great.

Cons

Poor pay, work/life balance & everything else.

"Unsettling Turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coffee machines. Snapchat comes to visit... free food sometimes. Oh. And you'll learn a lot very quickly. Look at this as "paid schooling" if you're coming in as entry-level.

Cons

Hardly any room for growth at lower level, unsettling turnover, and I mean.. so unsettling. In my time there I watched 25 people leave my department of 30 people (1 year). The drama made me feel like I was back in high school. You will work non stop, but that's nothing outrageous. What's outrageous is the requests you'll receive when you're not in office. Pulling over to the side of the road to open your laptop and tether your phone to get something done. Those sorts of things.

Advice to Management

You have to pay for quality - and recognize accomplishments. So many positive things get pushed to the side on behalf of the client which is understandable, but the hard work deserves recognition somewhere.

"An Honest Assessment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always receive paychecks on time. New building is decent.

Cons

I'm not going to bring up industry issues, long hours, difficult clients, no budgets and other things that come with every agency and advertising life. And no name
    calling or personal attacks. Zimmerman has specific problems I've never experienced or heard of in any business environment. Unprofessionalism permeates every aspect and level within the agency. From people being reprimanded/threatened, singularly and in department meetings, to the CEO and President confiscating employee car keys upon late arrival and demanding an explanation for their retrieval. 24/7 isn't the issue. Poor treatment, mismanagement, low morale, outdated thinking and unrealistic expectations will always drag the agency down. Unless employees are treated with respect, it will not get better. It's a shame, all the ingredients are there, but change must start from the top. The current vision does not include all employees. There are many ways to make people feel valued and rewarded that don't cost a cent. I'm not talking about food trucks, low budget parties or wawa coffee.

Advice to Management

Hard to argue with a system that makes money. Sadly, it's at the expense of many employees. Stop nickel and diming staff and clients, get rid of cross the board, communist structured "bonuses" and reward employees based on job performance. Read a book or two on basic management, learn how to speak to people and inspire them by leading not managing. Give the occasional well-deserved day off considering most nights and weekends are sacrificed. A culture of fear is certainly effective, just don't wonder why it's extremely difficult to retain staff, entice good employees or change the HORRIFIC reputation Zimmerman has in our industry. A career is more than a paycheck to a lot of people. Some of us love what we do, and want to be proud of where we work, but it's becoming very difficult.

"The Sausage Factory of Advertising"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have central air conditioning.

Cons

There's no need to expand on the legion of bad blood this outfit is already famous for, but I will. I think Starbucks and Denny's has less turnover than this house of shlock advertising. This place is a gaudy temple to its narcissistic, deranged, ego maniacal founder down to the quotes of the Dear Leader emblazoned on the walls of the offices. No one in this place seems happy. The work/life balance has to be the absolute worst in the industry and the disconnect between the creatives, upper management and accounting is laughable. And to make matters even worse, you are forced to have your car valeted because there aren't enough spots for the number of employees. They double and triple park your vehicle, then, at the end of the night, you get to have the pleasure of having to seek out your car on your own and hope they haven't dinged it up. Good times!

Advice to Management

Close up shop and go play golf.

"A Nightmare"

Former Employee - Social Media Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Social Media Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met a couple of really nice people, Cool Building

Cons

Salary, Culture, Management, Lack of Diversity, Everything else

Advice to Management

You're all white old men stuck in your ways and it trickles down to the upper management. It's a nasty cycle of fear, passive aggressive behavior and the ever revolving door.

"Smoke and Mirrors"

Former Employee - Individual Contributor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Individual Contributor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like many I took the job due to a slowdown in the job market. I knew what I was getting myself into but the other options at the time were limited and I had bills to pay. It seemed like it solved the financial problem at the time.

The building is nice, the people were ok.

Cons

Where does one begin? Issues go beyond the low wages, mediocre managers, and poor work life balance. It's a hostile work environment with gross leadership. The work is su par, just like the roster of clients. Sleep when you die? LOL this place will shorten your life expectancy.
    Get out while the getting is good.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage?

"account coordinator"

Pros

Great snacks... if you can work here you can work anywhere

Cons

under paid and over worked

"Account Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

Fellow co-workers were great, office location was also a bonus. Office snacks, monthly birthday celebrations.

Cons

Insurance -very high premiums, no time off until it accrued, set hours - no deviation. Zero flexibility. Reimbursement for travel - no company cc. Only reimbursed for gas no mileage or wear & tear. No training. Don't expect to be appreciated.

Advice to Management

Stop being complacent, grow/mentor your employees. Stop taking all the credit for work you don't do.

"Several Departments"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising (Less than a year)

Pros

Literally just the fact that it's not in Miami.

Cons

Every single other aspect. Antiquated, disorganized, disrespectful, delusional, divided. If clients had any idea how that business is actually run, and who runs it, they would stay away at all possible cost.

Advice to Management

Go join your brothers in the museum.