Zimmerman Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor

Zimmerman Advertising Reviews

Updated August 9, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I'm also getting to learn a lot about the trade as well as the time frames in which they are done (in 21 reviews)

• Fast paced and quick learning environment (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a constant challenge, as in all client service based businesses (in 26 reviews)

• very low pay compared to other internships in the area (in 27 reviews)

"Account Director"

Current Employee - Account Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great resources available. Staff of dedicated, passionate and smart people. Fast paced and quick learning environment.

Cons

Not sure this is a con, but you should be ready to hit the ground running....actually sprinting.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed Jordan Zimmerman's orientation. I think that is a great way to kick off the job. I think we all left that day feeling empowered and inspired to give our all to our career. It would be nice if those kind of sessions, with different upper management or even guest speakers, would be available on an ongoing basis.

"Overall good place"

Pros

Great people. Creative environment. Great company culture and events. Lots of opportunities to learn, grow and shine. You get what you give.

Cons

Some of the old management was pretty terrible but they have since left.

3. "Looking good so far"

Pros

30 days in. So far, so good!

Cons

none that I have encountered yet

"An Honest Assessment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always receive paychecks on time. New building is decent.

Cons

I'm not going to bring up industry issues, long hours, difficult clients, no budgets and other things that come with every agency and advertising life. And no name
    calling or personal attacks. Zimmerman has specific problems I've never experienced or heard of in any business environment. Unprofessionalism permeates every aspect and level within the agency. From people being reprimanded/threatened, singularly and in department meetings, to the CEO and President confiscating employee car keys upon late arrival and demanding an explanation for their retrieval. 24/7 isn't the issue. Poor treatment, mismanagement, low morale, outdated thinking and unrealistic expectations will always drag the agency down. Unless employees are treated with respect, it will not get better. It's a shame, all the ingredients are there, but change must start from the top. The current vision does not include all employees. There are many ways to make people feel valued and rewarded that don't cost a cent. I'm not talking about food trucks, low budget parties or wawa coffee.

Advice to Management

Hard to argue with a system that makes money. Sadly, it's at the expense of many employees. Stop nickel and diming staff and clients, get rid of cross the board, communist structured "bonuses" and reward employees based on job performance. Read a book or two on basic management, learn how to speak to people and inspire them by leading not managing. Give the occasional well-deserved day off considering most nights and weekends are sacrificed. A culture of fear is certainly effective, just don't wonder why it's extremely difficult to retain staff, entice good employees or change the HORRIFIC reputation Zimmerman has in our industry. A career is more than a paycheck to a lot of people. Some of us love what we do, and want to be proud of where we work, but it's becoming very difficult.

"Account Coordinator"

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

The clients are well-known and provide great experience.

Cons

The pay is terrible and employees are incredibly rude.

"Good for starting career in advertising"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

Nice people, if you are starting out of college, most co-workers will be around your age.
    Really good internship program, gives valuable experience working in the different departments.
    Cool building, fun activities for employees sometimes like an ice cream truck in the summer.

Cons

Very little creativity when it comes to client work, feels really repetitive.
    Tons of turn over, it felt like there was 3-5 new people every week, most people leave after a year or two, even those at executive level don't last very long.
    Low pay.

"The Sausage Factory of Advertising"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have central air conditioning.

Cons

There's no need to expand on the legion of bad blood this outfit is already famous for, but I will. I think Starbucks and Denny's has less turnover than this house of shlock advertising. This place is a gaudy temple to its narcissistic, deranged, ego maniacal founder down to the quotes of the Dear Leader emblazoned on the walls of the offices. No one in this place seems happy. The work/life balance has to be the absolute worst in the industry and the disconnect between the creatives, upper management and accounting is laughable. And to make matters even worse, you are forced to have your car valeted because there aren't enough spots for the number of employees. They double and triple park your vehicle, then, at the end of the night, you get to have the pleasure of having to seek out your car on your own and hope they haven't dinged it up. Good times!

Advice to Management

Close up shop and go play golf.

8. "Awesome Company"

Pros

Awesome mentality, great leadership and all in all a fun place to work. If you're a lazy person who wants everything handed to them - McDonald's is where you belong, not with a motivated group of talented people that actually enjoy success and working hard to benefit their clients and business.

Cons

sometimes the hours suck, sometimes. that's really all.

Advice to Management

Keep bossing it.

Zimmerman Advertising Response

Jan 5, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for sharing your experience...your motivated attitude is what keeps the machine running!

"avoid it"

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are some great people within; they have to be great to tolerate the non-stop 24/7/365 more-more-more mantra.

Cons

Too many control freaks battling one another at the top. ECD Nathanson is a dinosaur. They use one pitch every time "more for less." Staying there more than a year or two kills your career if you're in the creative department. They dismiss people without even telling them why.

Advice to Management

Replace Nathanson with someone less archaic.

10. "Project Leas"

Pros

Awesome place to work! The work ethic is very strong and it is very team oriented.

Cons

All is good, no cons.

Zimmerman Advertising Response

Jan 5, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for your response. Having dedicated team members always makes work awesome! We're glad you're loving it!