KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zions Bancorporation Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2021

Found 466 of over 502 reviews

3.7
Zions Bancorporation Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Zions First National Bank; Chairman, President, and CEO, Zions Management Services Harris H. Simmons
Harris H. Simmons
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is great, great people(in 57 reviews)

• "Great People with Great Personalities(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Health insurance is not so great(in 23 reviews)

• "Health benefits are bad, pay is not the best, training for the job is lacking(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zions Bancorporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Great place to learn new technologies and methodologies

Feb 15, 2021 - Configuration Engineer IV in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Great Team. Many technological changes to keep getting experience and grow.

Cons

Might get lost in the sea. Big company.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you enjoy working for us and that you feel we offer opportunities to grow. We appreciate your feedback and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

2. 5.0

Innovative, Invigorating, and Inclusive Culture

Jul 30, 2021 - Communications Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zions Bancorporation is a leading employer across the Western US and is committed to helping employees transform, develop, and launch their career. They offer competitive benefits, an inclusive working environment, and are committed to their communities, their clients, and to their employees.

Cons

Zions Bancorporation is growing quickly, and as such needs to work to continuously improve their technology and employee benefits. They also have more work to do in the DEI space for LGBTQIA+ space.

3. 3.0

Decent Company

Jun 30, 2021 - Account Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-decent salary -flexible work schedule -autonomous role -knowledgeable leadership

Cons

-poor benefits -work overload -no work life balance -poor training provided and little help available - little assistance on career path guidance and reaching goals

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you feel we offer knowledgeable leadership and flexibility. We appreciate your feedback on developing employees and career advancement. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid, ethical company

Jul 22, 2021 - Department Trainer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable, good work/ life balance, development and growth opportunities

Cons

Slow to change, not very open to process improvement

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are happy that you feel we offer good work/life balance and development opportunities. We appreciate your feedback on process improvement and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't work at Zions Bancorporation!

May 9, 2021 - Loan Applications Processor in West Valley City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work with kind and outstanding people. Enjoy company or team activities on a quarterly basis.

Cons

Management is unreliable when it comes to helping you get promotions or raises. Their goal is to save Zions Bancorporation money, which makes them look good and makes the shareholders' happy, but it will decrease employee salaries and bonuses. Company activities are cheap to save money, which gives a good example as to how much management values their employees. You are given sick leave under Utah State Law, but Zions Bancorporation penalizes you if you take several days off even if you are in fact sick or have a medical emergency. I had colleagues who would come in sick because they were scared of getting fired and I felt the same way on occasion.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We would like to learn more about the details of your review. Please contact us at EmployeeExperience@zionsbancorp.com.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Zions corporation

Jul 10, 2021 - IT Support Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

good selection of employees. nice people.

Cons

downsized, was laid off for cheaper workforce.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you felt we offered good employees and nice people during your employment with us. We appreciate your feedback and will share this with the appropriate team members. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

7. 3.0

Underwriter Zions.

Jul 26, 2021 - Commercial Underwriter in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture. Work From Home Options

Cons

Technology Struggles. Less Upward Mobility

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you feel we offer a great culture. We appreciate your feedback on technology and upward mobility and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

8. 4.0

IT - Banking Transformation

Apr 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zions has been doing a great job of doing the hard work of updating legacy systems and processes! Lots of collaboration from teams and support from leaders!

Cons

Maternity and Paternity benefits nearly non-existent.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you enjoy working for us and that you feel we offer a collaborative environment. We appreciate your feedback on parental benefits and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, reporting structure needs help

Jun 10, 2021 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

Medical Insurance is too expensive and the out of pocket too high.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you feel we offer great work/life balance. We appreciate your feedback and would like to learn more about the details of your review. Please contact us at EmployeeExperience@zionsbancorp.com.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

A great company with exceptional co-workers

Jun 15, 2021 - Senior User Experience Researcher
      Business Outlook

Pros

A positive and challenging environment

Cons

Need to adapt to changing marketplace

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you enjoy working for us and feel that we offer a positive environment. We appreciate your feedback on adaptability and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 466 Reviews