Zions Bancorporation Systems Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Harris H. Simmons

"IT Systems Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Zions Bancorporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They've been around for a long time and aren't going anywhere. Lots of vacation and holidays. Friendly people.e

Cons

There are some lazy people, especially out of Texas that just hang around forever in their jobs so Utah employees end up pulling all the weight.

Advice to Management

Clean house of the useless employees who are just a drain on the company. There are too many of them here and it make me want to leave the company.

Zions Bancorporation2015-07-27

"Lots of promises, no delivery."

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Zions Bancorporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work flexibility (while it lasted). Lots of new technology whether the bank needs it or not. Good people to work with (until they leave). There are opportunities to learn and grow if you take the initiative to find them for yourself.

Cons

Horrible benefits. Inept management. No leadership at executive level. Zions Bancorporation and more specifically the IT organization has become a very toxic organization to work for. All decisions at the executive level are made based on the ego of one particular person. Technology fit and what is best for the organization take a back seat. It's disheartening to see millions (literally) wasted on unnecessary purchases...

Advice to Management

I don't think at this point there is any advice that would help management. They are either a key part of the problem or have their heads too deep in the sand to notice. Stop getting on quarterly conference calls and telling us that we have great health insurance. It's a lie and we all know it. It's insulting.

Zions Bancorporation2013-05-16

"People are great, compensation is OK, benefits are an abomination"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Zions Bancorporation

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Middle and senior management are incompetent Never in my 20 year career seen worse benefits Little or no strategic thought in IT

Advice to Management

Pack your bags and go somewhere else

Zions Bancorporation2010-10-10