KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zions Bancorporation

Engaged Employer

Zions Bancorporation

Add a Review

Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 13, 2021

Found 25 of over 529 reviews

3.7
Zions Bancorporation Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Zions First National Bank; Chairman, President, and CEO, Zions Management Services Harris H. Simmons
Harris H. Simmons
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is great, great people(in 57 reviews)

• "Great People with Great Personalities(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Health insurance is not so great(in 23 reviews)

• "Health benefits are bad, pay is not the best, training for the job is lacking(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zions Bancorporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Zions Bank

Jan 13, 2021 - AML Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance is great, great people

Cons

Salary is not as high as some competitors

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are thrilled that you feel we offer a good work/life balance. We appreciate your feedback on compensation and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Business

Jan 12, 2021 - Credit Officer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People with Great Personalities

Cons

Healthcare Costs are a little on the high side

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you feel that we have great people. We appreciate your feedback on our benefits and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

3. The latest conversations about Finance

82 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very talented professionals and great people

Jul 16, 2020 - Senior Program Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very talented employees and great people

Cons

Coordination of work across multiple bank affiliates

Interim HR Marketing and Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We're thrilled that you enjoy working for us and that you took the time to recognize our talented employees. We appreciate your feedback on our coordination of our multiple affiliates and will share that with the appropriate team members.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyed my time there, overall a positive experience

Apr 23, 2019 - Business Systems Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met some great people there. Enjoyed each of my managers in different ways. Some of the departments have a strong culture of improving the business processes and have people who will listen and work with you. I felt encouraged to look for ways to innovate. The company does great things locally, and I felt proud to say I work for Zions. My list of cons below are a bit lengthy and specific, but I want to stress again, that I did truly enjoy working for this company, and really enjoyed my personal associations. I met several lifelong friends at the Bancorp.

Cons

The health insurance is a slap in the face and beyond laughable. I personally knew of many of my former coworkers who left and this was reason number 1 on their list of reasons for leaving. Year after year, management would survey employees for feedback, and this was a constant issue that was addressed only in a very superficial way, meeting a bare minimum so management could tell us they were listening to our complaints and doing something about them. It was hard at times to get the resources I needed to get my job done. Way too much infighting, politicking, and just toxicity between departments (namely internal audit and the PMO). Made for a lot of opportunities to hate the job. My understanding is that compensation (as in salary) is lower than comparable companies in the industry.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good Company to work for

Apr 24, 2020 - Reporting Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, 401K match is nice

Cons

Benefits are all high deductible plans.

Interim HR Marketing and Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We're happy you enjoyed working with our great people during your employment with us. We also appreciate your feedback on our benefits and will share this with the appropriate team members. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Oct 3, 2019 - Data Scientist in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work like balance. Competitive pay and benefits for financial services industry. Great people to work with.

Cons

It is harder for a large corporation to change course. A little slow to adopt new things.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work, but beware if placed under a different manager...

May 20, 2014 - Financial Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people overall. There was a great work/life balance for employees for the most part.

Cons

If you have an issue with a manager, and go to their manager or HR, they may collude to get you out, rather than help with the problem. Some of the management seemed to let the newly attained power go to their heads.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Zions is a pretty good place to work

Nov 30, 2011 -  in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with Tight-knit culture Remaining competitive within the banking industry Decent compensation Good open door policy Great work-life balance

Cons

Horrible, horrible benefits Different departments are not in sync with one another Favoritism is shown towards certain employees Some departments are lacking direction Limited growth and advancement within certain departments

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work, but often firefighting

Jun 19, 2010 -  in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, interesting projects, strong financial leadership (especially given current banking climate). Most people enjoy a great work / life balance.

Cons

Reactionary "firefighting" culture a result of a lack focus and strategic vision. Health benefits lacking. Company could benefit from better "wellness" programs (ie a gym).

11. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great business with a lot of opportunities

Jun 1, 2011 - Contract Service Manager in West Valley City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Knowledge sharing, challenging faced paced, great people. Overall Zions is a great place to work and they care about their people. There are a lot of areas to learn and many opportunities to grow. I would recommend Zions to any motivated individual.

Cons

Regulations, regulations, regulations, goverment oversite can be a pain. Being in the banking industry there are continous audits and oversite that has to be followed.

1 person found this review helpful