KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zions Bancorporation

Engaged Employer

Zions Bancorporation

Add a Review

Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews about "health insurance"

Updated Jan 8, 2021

Found 23 of over 529 reviews

3.7
Zions Bancorporation Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Zions First National Bank; Chairman, President, and CEO, Zions Management Services Harris H. Simmons
Harris H. Simmons
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is great, great people(in 57 reviews)

• "Great People with Great Personalities(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Health insurance is not so great(in 23 reviews)

• "Health benefits are bad, pay is not the best, training for the job is lacking(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

82 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zions Bancorporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "health insurance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Na

Nov 14, 2020 - Banker in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Need better health insurance options

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you feel we are a good company to work for. We appreciate your feedback on our health insurance and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good with the exception of benefits

Jan 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Some work/life balance (depends partially on manager) -Opportunity for development and advancement -Competitive Pay -Managers are good at showing appreciation -Good company culture (not as old school, old white Mormon guy as you'd think)

Cons

-Benefits need to improve or salary needs to compensate for it: - Health insurance is AWFUL - No 401K match for first year -Old school hierarchy

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you feel we offer a good company culture and opportunity to advance. We appreciate your feedback on our benefits and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Company to work for

Dec 27, 2020 - Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great enviroment, good coaching , training, great perks

Cons

Health insurance is not so great.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you felt we offered good training during your employment with us. We appreciate your feedback on health insurance and will share this with the appropriate team members. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.

4. 2.0

Terrible Benefits, Zero Care for Employees

Oct 18, 2020 - Commercial Loan Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, some flexibility with working remote in certain departments, moderately good employee discounts on rates but only if you have a 760+ credit score.

Cons

Mediocre health insurance, very little time off (5 days for the whole year aside from the required 5 days consecutive vacation), zero ability to move up because of a complete lack of training, essentially if you want to go anywhere in the company you better buckle up for a few decades, no matter your education or work experience. Management is either incompetent or so overworked that they don't give any attention to their employees, especially new ones. Just a very outdated corporate structure with outdated vacation, insurance, and EAP options.

3 people found this review helpful

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. At Zions Bancorporation, we’re committed to helping our employees grow in their career. That’s why our Enterprise Learning and Development team offers training and development programs, mentoring, job aids, support tools and more. Please contact us at EmployeeExperience@zionsbancorp.com if you have any questions about how to take advantage of any of these programs.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good place to work

May 10, 2019 - Wires Specialist in West Valley City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Looks out for employees Likes to promote within Community driven Listens to your opinions

Cons

Not best health insurance-getting better Focused on degrees a little to much Turn over can be a little high

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyed my time there, overall a positive experience

Apr 23, 2019 - Business Systems Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met some great people there. Enjoyed each of my managers in different ways. Some of the departments have a strong culture of improving the business processes and have people who will listen and work with you. I felt encouraged to look for ways to innovate. The company does great things locally, and I felt proud to say I work for Zions. My list of cons below are a bit lengthy and specific, but I want to stress again, that I did truly enjoy working for this company, and really enjoyed my personal associations. I met several lifelong friends at the Bancorp.

Cons

The health insurance is a slap in the face and beyond laughable. I personally knew of many of my former coworkers who left and this was reason number 1 on their list of reasons for leaving. Year after year, management would survey employees for feedback, and this was a constant issue that was addressed only in a very superficial way, meeting a bare minimum so management could tell us they were listening to our complaints and doing something about them. It was hard at times to get the resources I needed to get my job done. Way too much infighting, politicking, and just toxicity between departments (namely internal audit and the PMO). Made for a lot of opportunities to hate the job. My understanding is that compensation (as in salary) is lower than comparable companies in the industry.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company!

Jan 8, 2019 - Department Trainer/Underwriter in West Valley City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

They walk the walk that most companies only talk when it comes to promoting from within and caring about employees. Many many very long term employees speaks to how well they threat people. Tons of opportunity and support. One of the rare companies that you can be a "company man/woman" . Very conservative, but surprisingly diverse. Everyone has the same shot here, I haven't seen or heard of any discrimination. I really love it and hav been there a full year.

Cons

health insurance is basically catastrophe, lowest deductible is 4k I think. but I've been able to make it work with the Health Savings plan. The rest of the benefits are good.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great job right out of college

Nov 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great vacation time. I started with 15 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays

Cons

Horrible Health insurance. All the options are High deductible plans.

9. 3.0

Manager

Apr 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They like to promote within.

Cons

Like all financial institutions, they could improve their health insurance.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Enterprise Loan Operations

Mar 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They participate in a lot of community service activities

Cons

Their health insurance deductibles are to high.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews