KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zions Bancorporation

Engaged Employer

Zions Bancorporation

Add a Review

Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 55 of over 529 reviews

3.7
Zions Bancorporation Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Zions First National Bank; Chairman, President, and CEO, Zions Management Services Harris H. Simmons
Harris H. Simmons
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is great, great people(in 57 reviews)

• "Great People with Great Personalities(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Health insurance is not so great(in 23 reviews)

• "Health benefits are bad, pay is not the best, training for the job is lacking(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

83 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zions Bancorporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great

Jan 21, 2021 - Enterprise Loan Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Life and work balance is great

Cons

Development and training could use a little tweaking.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We're happy that you feel we offer a great work/life balance. We appreciate your feedback on development and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company with a heart!

Jan 18, 2021 - Senior Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company provides good work-life balance, has genuinely nice people to work with. The Senior Management is very supportive of employees including taking care of learning and development needs. The company loves giving back to the communities they work with. The good work ethic resonates across the company. It provides many internal opportunities to enhance one's career. Overall a very nice work culture!

Cons

The overall compensation is less relative to industry peers.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are thrilled that you enjoy working for us and that you feel we offer a good culture. We appreciate your feedback on compensation and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good with the exception of benefits

Jan 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Some work/life balance (depends partially on manager) -Opportunity for development and advancement -Competitive Pay -Managers are good at showing appreciation -Good company culture (not as old school, old white Mormon guy as you'd think)

Cons

-Benefits need to improve or salary needs to compensate for it: - Health insurance is AWFUL - No 401K match for first year -Old school hierarchy

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you feel we offer a good company culture and opportunity to advance. We appreciate your feedback on our benefits and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Equitable and solid company

Jan 14, 2021 - Senior IT Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Life/work balance, evangelizes equality, diversity and inclusion. Stable company and transparent with how the company is doing.

Cons

Operates on the lean model because they don't want to over-spend only to lay off personnel. Not necessarily a con, it's good business management.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are happy that you feel we offer a good work/life balance, are equitable and transparent. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Zions Bank

Jan 13, 2021 - AML Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance is great, great people

Cons

Salary is not as high as some competitors

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are thrilled that you feel we offer a good work/life balance. We appreciate your feedback on compensation and will share this with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice Place to Be

Oct 7, 2020 - Systems Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Get to work from home part-time. - Immediate group and manager are fantastic. - Good work life balance in my group.

Cons

- Raises and discretionary bonuses for mid tier and low tier pay grades are low. For example, last year those below a certain pay grade did not receive any discretionary bonuses due a projected revenue shortfall but executive vice presidents had major bonus increases because they are "decision makers". - Management ladder is extremely vertical. - Can be a very political place in terms of moving up.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We would like to learn more about the details of your review. Please contact us at EmployeeExperience@zionsbancorp.com.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good place to coast

Oct 7, 2020 - Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a good place once you want your career to coast and build your 401k and HSA. Great vacation days and work-life balance.

Cons

Lots of politics, which isn't surprising for the industry and size of the company

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad you enjoyed a flexible work/life balance during your employment with us. We appreciate your feedback on our culture and would like to learn more about this. Please contact us at EmployeeExperience@zionsbancorp.com.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Zions work review

Oct 2, 2020 - Senior Java Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Culture Relaxed work environment

Cons

Too slow Career progression Technology Pay

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you enjoyed our culture during your employment with us. We appreciate your feedback on career opportunities and will share this with the appropriate team members. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Work/Life Balance, Not much for Career Growth

Nov 12, 2020 - Interactive Graphic Designer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work/Life Balance, Good perks on loans and bank products

Cons

After five years and an MBA I still have very little opportunity for career advancement.

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you enjoy a good work/life balance. We appreciate your feedback on growth opportunities and would like to learn more. Please contact us at EmployeeExperience@zionsbancorp.com. Thanks for being part of our team at Zions Bancorporation.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Zions Bancorp

Aug 10, 2020 - Senior Manager, IT Engineering in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great home line and work balance

Cons

Too many high profile projects, none get the attention they deserve as we are running "lean"

Interim HR Marketing and Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We are glad that you feel we offer balance at home and at work. We appreciate your feedback on project management and will share this with the appropriate team members.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Reviews