Zions Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

A. Scott Anderson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Employer"

I have been working at Zions Bank full-time

Pros

Ability to work with local companies and employees. Feel valued and not just a number in the corporate machine.

Cons

The company has had several large structural changes. Company standing is still healthy, but the ability to adapt to new changes is a must.

Advice to Management

Get wider group involvement in procedural and structural changes. Those working in the field can help provide some critical insight.

2. "Wonderful! The culture and my team was great to work with"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Zions Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team is very easy going and willing to help their employees. There is ample training opportunities for growth. One can definitely grow here

Cons

Compensations and benefits are not attractive to any employee. The premiums for health insurance are too high. I'm guessing this it true with other companies?

Advice to Management

Upper management tend to overlook the needs for their employees. I get it it's the banks policy to cater to customers but they should also take care of their employees

3. "Good, steady company"

I have been working at Zions Bank full-time

Pros

Good company culture, reasonable benefits, large enough bank to move laterally

Cons

Pay isn't the best compared to other financial institutions but work/life balance is probably better than most, too

4. "Teller III"

Current Employee - Teller III in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Teller III in Provo, UT

I have been working at Zions Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers. pay and compensation is about right for the job. Management does appear to care and work with you to move up in the company.

Cons

Health insurance plans are not that great. Many branches will not allow you to sit as a teller. Limited flexibility with working hours since new company hiring policy.

Advice to Management

Zions is great in that it is fairly autonomous on the branch level; however, management and general bank bureaucracy has been getting more bloated; i.e., working around schedules. I would suggest to management to allow branch managers to manage their branches.

5. "ZB"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Zions Bank part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Has a strong local presence.

Cons

Poor, poor unaffordable benefits.
    Emphasis on advancing women over highly qualified men simply to have more women in prominent roles.

Advice to Management

Do something different to improve benefits. Please.

6. "I started out as a teller and overall they treat you well here at the bank."

Current Employee - Personal Banking Officer in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Personal Banking Officer in Logan, UT

I have been working at Zions Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer tuition reimbursement. They work very well with college students and their busy schedules. The working environment within most of the branches is great.

Cons

Lack of communication within the bank from upper management. The technology is ancient, which really slows down efficiency and ability to focus on everything your title requires. Healthcare plan is terrible, very expensive and unhelpful. It's also hard to trust upper management when bonuses are promised based on quarterly goals being reached and then we don't get bonuses last minute due to not reaching the 'goals' that don't exist in the first place.

Advice to Management

The new staffing model for tellers is very ineffective, it doesn't account for lunch breaks and allow for shorter wait times. There are many branches that only have one banker who gets bogged down with account maintenance and prevents sales opportunities for loans. Communicate with the branch managers about whether or not having a second banker would help boost loans.
    Halfway through the year there still aren't goals set for the branches, which makes it hard to be motivated and grow.

7. "Bank Teller"

I have been working at Zions Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very professional yet fun environment to work in. There is a lot of opportunity within the bank and the tuition reimburement is great.

Cons

Vacation time and raises are hard to come upon. Some of the technology is very outdated and could use some revamping.

Advice to Management

Make progressing within the bank more achievable. Recognize job stress and importance and give pay accordingly.

8. "Foreign Exchange Teller"

I worked at Zions Bank full-time

Pros

Job Security, very small department

Cons

Gets very busy when someone is missing or quits

Advice to Management

Hire quickly after someone quits

"DONT WORK FOR ZIONS COSTUMER SERVICE REP OR ACH DISPUTES!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Costumer Service Representative in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Costumer Service Representative in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Zions Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money wise it was some what ok, I like the co-workers I've met, and I can honestly say there was only one honest supervisor there!!

Cons

Worst management, they made us change teams all the time, you never really had a permanent supervisor!!
    Worst regulations for employees, you couldn't call in sick even tho you had your sick hours it will be counted against you, WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING SICK HOURS???!! Schedule changed every quart you never had a permanent schedule Your Life depends on Them. I took calls for 4 different departments, and never got recognize for my efforts. Also if you wanted a day off GOOD lUCK, it had be to management approved because it was never available and it was very hard!
    Honestly I would never in my life work for Zions bank as a Costumer Service Rep!
    Systems were always down, I tried to work home for them, so
    Worthless!!
    Don't waste your life!!!

Advice to Management

I wish they would do half of the work that we did!!!
    When we were busy, group of manager just sitting there decorating, eating or doing who knows what chatting with other management! I got nothing to say to them !!!

10. "Strong people, good morals"

Current Employee - Commercial Real Estate Underwriter
    Current Employee - Commercial Real Estate Underwriter

I have been working at Zions Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are all good, there is no morally questionable things going on.

Cons

If you are a deal maker, this is a very conservative bank and the credit box is tight. While the management has been working loosening it, after 3 years here I don't expect it to change. Also pays less than other Banks.