Zirtual Reviews

Updated Feb 6, 2019

3.4
Zirtual CEO Maren Kate (no image)
Maren Kate
Pros
  • "I loved that I could work from home which meant pajamas all day(in 81 reviews)

• "No commute to the office and working from home is amazing(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "the pay is low, especially for a job they prefer you to have a college degree for(in 12 reviews)

• "the pay- your ZAs are your shining stars(in 9 reviews)

"SUCH an awesome place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Virtual Assistant

I worked at Zirtual full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have no idea what you're in for!! I have LOVED every minute at Z. I got freedom in my life, worked with such amazing people and SO much support no matter what dilemma I faced. I was SO sad to leave Zirtual but I was offered a management position with higher pay. I could not recommend this place enough. Management was SUPERB. Coworkers were always helpful when they could be!

Cons

There was nothing bad about my time at Z!

Continue reading

"Great job until the mass layoffs"

1.0

I worked at Zirtual full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team was wonderful, and the culture was friendly and supportive. Everyone pitched in to help each other out, and even though there were days when things were pretty challenging, it was worth it.

Cons

Due to poor financial management and a lack of transparency, the company laid off all of their employees via email overnight. They were acquired by another parent company that then offered to bring people back as contractors, and rumor has it that they still email old Zirtual clients from time to time and try to bring them back.

"Good in a pinch, but pay is terrible unless you take on a ton of clients"

Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant

I have been working at Zirtual full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, work/life balance is ok, very friendly and supportive management. You get to meet a lot of interesting clients and some of them are pretty friendly.

Cons

Horrible pay, unless you take on a ton of extra work. Some clients are also rude.

Continue reading

"Virtual Assistance"

I worked at Zirtual full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working Remotely and computer provided to use for work.

Cons

Onboarding clients wasn't easy at times and not great for moving up since those positions are in office only. Company went under over one weekend.

"I loved it until I was laid off."

I worked at Zirtual full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved the relationships I made with coworkers and clients alike. Even when things get stressful and deadlines start to close in, it's those people who help you through it. I loved that I could work from home which meant pajamas all day. My clients were amazing. When the company went under in 2015 (before Startups acquired them) I was able to take my clients with me and I continue to work with each one today. The training Zirtual gave us was wonderful. I owe them for preparing me for my business now.

Cons

I was told there would be a work/life balance but that wasn't the case. If you were an employee, you were required to have all of your time accounted for, down to breaks and lunch. There was no time to "vacuum" or take care of your children if you needed to. If anything, not having to commute was the only time saving part. I'm sure it was easier for the contracted employees to come and go but the employees did not have the freedom they advertised.

6. "review"

I worked at Zirtual full-time

Pros

young energetic passionate talented people

Cons

inexperienced unorganized professional back ground

"No money"

2.0

I worked at Zirtual full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's nice to work from home and have the possibility of flexible hours.

Cons

You're an independent contractor. Meaning you'll be paying for insurance and taxes out of pocket making this job about$ 10-$12/hr. Not livable for me but maybe for you.

"Good Team/Bad Former CEO"

I worked at Zirtual full-time

Pros

Great team, smart people, moved fast.

Cons

I was laid off from Zirtual like everyone else on a Monday morning at 4:00am with an email by the former CEO. Zirtual is now owned by a different organization so I cannot say what they are like now. The team I worked with was amazing, but being laid off like that wasn't so great.

"Great job if you have another source of income"

I worked at Zirtual full-time

Pros

Got to work from home Great team collaboration Got to make new connections with people across the country

Cons

It was a startup so things weren't always clearly defined Pretty large workload for such a low hourly rate

"Pod Leader"

2.0

I worked at Zirtual full-time

Pros

Was great working with my team of VA's!

Cons

The company leadership had a lit of work to do, they were kind of a disaster at the time.

Found 142 reviews