Zitter Health Insights Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Zitter, MBA

1. "Good place to work. Company offers unique products and services."

Former Employee - Account Executive, Syndication in Millburn, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive, Syndication in Millburn, NJ

Pros

Every day is different. Lots of experienced folks work there.

Cons

Very small, boutique firm, no room to advance your career potential.

"Great place to grow for those that actually know how to take up and excel at the several opportunities available at ZHI"

Current Employee - Manager in Livingston, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Livingston, NJ

I have been working at Zitter Health Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Competitive environment
    2) Plenty of opportunities for those that are really interested in professional growth
    3) Open management - You can schedule time to talk to the CEO, President, Vice president and all business developers. They welcome employees of all levels to pick their mind on opportunities for development and knowledge of the market. (Interestingly enough, most analysts do not schedule meetings with them and then crib about not having opportunities to grow and not getting promotions)
    4) Fruits, dry fruits, fun welcome lunches, quarterly staff outings, holiday and festival celebrations, great everyday work environment
    5) Flexibility occasionally to work from home
    6) Training sessions for employees at all levels
    7) strong core values - CEO forces employees to give examples of colleagues that display the core values
    8) Young employees, young atmosphere

Cons

1) Staff turnover - people get good jobs after moving from ZHI as it is reputed. But this creates deficit internally. I have seen the management constantly trying to mitigate this. Some progress is being made.
    2) Promotions based on requirement 1st and then on performance: This is expected in most small to mid scale companies. What else can they do? When you have a team of 10 and 1 manager suddenly leaves, if you hire from outside, already stretched employees will have to break their heads training the new manager. Instead ZHI replaces senior positions (Manager and above) from relatively higher performing individuals internally.

I have read other reviews of the company and seen employees complain about not getting promotions. I have new hires that expect promotions without performing or achieving anything in the company. They join with a sense of entitlement. There are several opportunities to shine in this company but very few actually take up the challenge.

From my experience and observation, the ones that proactively take up challenges and more work, eventually get promoted. The ones that just do their day to day work and don't take up additional challenges don't get considered for internal promotions; yet they sit and complain that it's ZHI's fault!

You want something, go get it instead of sitting at your desk complaining. The ones who work harder get promotions and recognition. It may happen when someone leaves, but the first priority in promotions are undoubtedly given to deserving employees that are way more hard working and smarter than their team members.

Advice to Management

1) Keep up the transparent work environment.
    2) Have a stronger and larger pipeline of candidates to compensate for frequent turnover
    3) Be more elaborate in reasoning behind promoting certain employees so that the others don't have a chance to say that it wasn't deserved.
    4) I know this is being worked on, but have more training sessions. We have young employees that are hungry for knowledge and exposure. This needs to be given to them in larger quantities and at a higher frequency.

"Where talent goes unnoticed..."

I worked at Zitter Health Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great foot in the door into the pharmaceutical world and I am overall thankful for having taken this step. The general foundation of the work is interesting and the office was nice and spacious. Everyone is very nice and the flexible atmosphere is nice, but that's about where the pros stop.

Cons

There are some brilliant and hardworking people here, young and motivated to get ahead. Unfortunately none of these people are in management positions. In my experience, I felt that most of the product managers (with the exception of a select few) had absolutely no knowledge/experience of healthcare, science, or even managing people. As time passes at Zitter, you realize that even though the underlying work is interesting, a lot of the managers are terrible, and there is no opportunity for growth... that's when you decide you need to leave.

This is the place where talent goes unappreciated and you get stuck doing mundane and tedious work all day. Another thing to point out: client interaction is RARE or in other words reserved only for "managers".

Advice to Management

My advice is to fix the underlying problem: the management. A better hiring process for leaders of the company who will be dealing not only with accounts but also people needs to be put into place. I have seen great people come and go at Zitter because they realized they were reporting to individuals with no experience and a lack of healthcare knowledge.

"The company is going downhill fast"

I worked at Zitter Health Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't many pros to working at the company, but coworkers are smart and ambitious people who are willing to help you succeed in your role.

Decent amount of fruit, bagel fridays, can work remotely when necessary

Cons

The company outlook and work environment is going downhill fast. The number of great talent who have recently left the company is staggering. Ever since losing their HR director, they have been unable to attract top talent like they preach to clients and have been unable to fill their vacant positions. This theme will continue as long as they operate the way they current do.

The feeling among employees is that they are seen to execs just as "full-time employees" who are easily replaceable at the snap of a finger. This kind of mindset is toxic to the work environment and create an unpleasant work environment. Promotion does not seem to line up with merit, but people are generally promoted to replace the better talent that previously left the company.

The CEO works out of the smaller SF office and is disillusioned of the current state of the larger NJ office as well as the company. Spend a month in the NJ office and he will realize the negative direction his company is currently heading. Yes, all small companies experience the cycling of employees, but this is not just a "small company" problem. It's a Zitter problem and either they haven't noticed, or haven't done anything to fix it.

Advice to Management

Realize that there is a problem, and look for innovate ways to fix the problem.

"Declining Business, Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

I worked at Zitter Health Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office, fresh fruit. Somewhat flexible work environment. Can work remote when weather is bad

Cons

Poor leadership, declining business, rampant turnover,tedious work and delusional owner

Advice to Management

Owner/CEO needs to sell or exit business, his influence is limiting potential and staff. President lacks maturity and vision

"Worst place i've ever worked"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Millburn, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Millburn, NJ

Pros

In a good industry, but there are better companies out there

Cons

- Founder has a really bad reputation in the industry
    - Weak executive leadership team serves at discretion of name founder
    - Core products are losing market share in the industry and the company isn't innovating
    - Many, many, many smart people have left in the past year, including head of product, head of HR, head of industry reports, analysts
    - Employees get no equity
    - The interview process is ridiculous and annoying

Advice to Management

Get rid of founder and his lame exec team.

Zitter Health Insights Response

Dec 22, 2015 – Management

We're sorry you had a negative experience. As a former employee, you are aware of the excellence we strive towards at ZHI by attracting the most talented and qualified individuals. That very ... More

"Growing, successful company that offers a lot to entry level staff"

Current Employee - Analyst in Livingston, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Livingston, NJ

I have been working at Zitter Health Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

small, nimble, growing, and employee focused

Cons

Some work can be tedious but the culture of feedback, and development is excellent

Advice to Management

Appreciate the open and candid communication. Very transparent updates on business successes and failures. Need to keep working on automation improvements.

9. "Leadership shuffle"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zitter Health Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clear and regular communication of company health and goals
    Several opportunities available to shine and be visible to top management

Cons

Unable to attract top quality directors and senior management
    Operational inefficiencies
    Low morale among directors due to weak senior leadership

Zitter Health Insights Response

Dec 22, 2015 – Management

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the overdue reply. The CEO tells all staff when they join ZHI that he hopes this will be the best job they ever have, and he means it, so we are ... More

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Zitter Health Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional environment. Very smooth and warm welcome with onboarding. Management (HR) seems especially interested in my overall satisfaction and offer the tools for my success.

Cons

Lots of new hires due to growth. Some older staff seem resistant to change.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff, especially new staff. Our experience is relevant and fresh, less resistant than growth and change than others.

"Easiest office move. Great place to work. Environment that encourages learning"

I have been working at Zitter Health Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, potential for work life balance, approachable and friendly managers. We had the easiest move from one office location to another. Every detail was paid attention to. Love our new facility and appreciate the positive environment created by the staff. Special kudos to our HR Director. I know if I have a concern I can bring it to HR.

Cons

A select few will whine no matter what. Thankfully they are just a small minority.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. How about more training opportunities for all?