Zocdoc Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 436 reviews

3.5
Zocdoc CEO Oliver Kharraz
Oliver Kharraz
Pros
  • "Perks are awesome here like free lunch, free wifi etc(in 95 reviews)

• "Amazing culture, great people, good place to work(in 37 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at Zocdoc for a year and a half and enjoy working with my peers and our leadership team. The company takes great steps to make employees feel valued and grow their professional careers. We're given autonomy and encouraged to take on new responsibilities to grow our careers. SDR training program is faster than at most tech companies, and prepares you well for a long term career here.

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Making sales professionals feel valued and empowered is critical towards the success of a sales organization.

Zocdoc2019-08-11
  2. "Great culture"

Former Employee - Provider Operations Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Zocdoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, amazing people, good benefits

Cons

Position was similar to a call center environment.

Zocdoc2019-08-09
  3. "great company, mission driven"

Former Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time

Pros

company is mission driven with a focus on the consumer/doctor experience... incredible diversity at junior and c-suite levels earnest in making a difference and tackling obstacles impeding mission

Cons

strategy for execution can change quickly but not unique to Zocdoc, must be prepared for this...

Advice to Management

keep going, really want to see this company meet the scale to solve the critical access problem

Zocdoc2019-07-31
  4. "STUFF"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Zocdoc full-time

Pros

fun people, snacks, good managers

Cons

hard schedule, rude clients, aggressive target

Zocdoc2019-07-18

"Management is a disaster"

Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people were great, and friendly. Free lunch was nice.

Cons

Leadership was totally lost. Upper management didn't seem to care much about solving issues long term

Zocdoc2019-07-30
  6. "Great culture, depends on the team"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong culture of helping others, decent comp and impactful work

Cons

High turnover and manager changes make it a difficult place to keep pace with the change

Zocdoc2019-08-02

"They care about you, but don't show it in the right ways"

Current Employee - Integration Support Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Managers genuinely care about you, the people are great, there is guidance for promotion, you get free lunch, healthcare is paid for. Direct management actually listens to their employees and attempts to make changes based on their concerns.

Cons

They are understaffed on this team. They pay less than other companies. It can take a really really long time to move up from your current position. You cannot work from home and hours are very strict. Our position is queue-based, so there is little room for autonomy and self-guided projects (though they will give you limited time to work on this if you request it). They treat service team members like animals... (former service team members report having something like PTSD from their time there). The technology department has certain perks that are not applied to this team or to the IT team.

Advice to Management

No team should feel like the bottom-barrel or forgotten employees in the company, but daily client-facing teams are absolutely treated that way. There needs to be less of a seperation between these "lesser-than" teams and the teams you obviously value (sales and engineers/programmers). Most employees on this team discuss leaving frequently. If you want to retain people, pay more and hire more. Free lunch isn't... enough.

Zocdoc2019-06-17

"Mixed bag"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Zocdoc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Big company with benefits and room to grow. Top earners in sales do well. The product/service works very well - I still tell every doctor and dentist I go to that they should be using Zocdoc...its that convenient.

Cons

Verrrrrrrry frat-bro culture. WAY too many people are taking Adderall to get ahead. Top sellers/managers have incredibly arrogant/meathead attitudes. The entry-level sales people (at least formerly called Business Development Reps or something) are churned and burned at an incredible rate it seemed.

Advice to Management

LOL as if management looks to Glassdoor reviews for insight on how to manage better.

Zocdoc2019-07-08
  9. "great"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

loved it loved it loved it

Cons

environment was that great overall

Zocdoc2019-07-09

"Zocdoc wants robots and not independent, forward thinkers"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zocdoc provides great *perks* to attract and retain employees -Free lunch, snacks, and healthcare -Team happy hours, fancy all-star dinners -Great people -Brand recognition

Cons

-Negative culture on the sales floor -No career development, progression, or upward mobility -No professional skill development -No investment in products/tools/automation -Limited collaboration between teams -Consistent operational changes -Executives leaving at a high rate -Zocdoc does not care about paying clients, which is problematic in a client facing role

Advice to Management

-Sales leadership needs more diversity and experience -Sales leadership needs a leader who does not promote "yes men' -You must create opportunities for career progressions & development -Ask your client facing teams for input in product roadmaps

Zocdoc2019-07-06