Zocdoc Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zocdoc CEO and Co-Founder Oliver Kharraz
Oliver Kharraz

Pros
  • Good start up to start career, free lunch (in 62 reviews)

• Zocdoc is a company filled with great people who are extraordinarily bright and caring (in 32 reviews)

Cons

1. "Just the beginning for us"

Current Employee - People Team in New York, NY
    Current Employee - People Team in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc (More than 3 years)

Pros

A brilliant group of coworkers from all all walks of life/educational/professional backgrounds, coming together to tackle the major problems plaguing healthcare. Incredibly mission-driven, fulfilling work. A great work-life balance. A true meritocracy, where the harder you work, and the more relationships you develop, the faster you'll grow within the org.

Are we perfect? No. We have a long road ahead of us. But we have the right leadership, a clear vision, and the best damn employees to turn us into a household name.

Cons

In a young-ish company like ours, things change. A lot. If you need to know you'll have X title by X date and make X amount of money, it may not be for you. We're a meritocracy, so the harder you work, the faster you'll climb the ladder. We have a ton of room for growth, from a cultural perspective as well as a business perspective, but we're getting there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency. We want to know as much about failures as we do about wins. We want to know when there are hurdles and impasses. Continue keeping us in the loop about our product strategy and forecast.

2. "Overall, amazing place to work."

Pros

Subsidized health insurance, lots of opportunity to grow, casual work environment, good work-life balance. Zocdoc is growing fast which means there are lots of opportunities to contribute and grow in your current role.

Cons

Lots of change can lead to ambiguity in your role, the office could get spruced up a bit (it is an older building)

Advice to Management

Listen to, recognize, and reward your front-end employees. Make sure they understand their contribution to Zocdoc.

"Fun and supportive company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time

Pros

Really fun company! I have made great friends here. Tech team has a ton of cool activities planned for them throughout the year. Zocdoc used to be a bit behind in terms of tech, but 2016 has seen a LOT of changes. We are now fully embracing AWS and diversifying the kinds of frameworks and languages we use.

Cons

The office can be cramped. They are planning on renovating one of the floors of the building to expand but it's been a long work in progress.

Advice to Management

Finish up renovating the new floor and get some new chairs for people.

"Great company!"

Pros

Zocdoc is a company filled with great people who are extraordinarily bright and caring. There are many opportunities to carve your own path, and take initiative to grow.

Cons

The pace at which we move can sometimes be overwhelming, but this is generally a positive thing for the company.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to ensure they are all aligned around company goals.

"Great Vision"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cutting Edge Technology, start-up mentality

Cons

Different work flexibility policies for different departments. Depends on manager.

Advice to Management

Ensure all managers are drinking the cool aide.

"Amazing!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working here. I feel like my managers truly support me - as an entry-level employee, I couldn't have found a better fit.

Cons

I can't think of a ton of cons, but feedback Zocdoc employees have provided in the past seem to be about transparency. I know the CEO is making this a huge priority, so I believe this is improving dramatically.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and invest in career opportunities. Zocdoc has some of the most talented people I've ever met - make sure you give their work meaning.

"Zocdoc is the best!"

I have been working at Zocdoc part-time

Pros

Fun place to work. Great people. Working towards a great cause- to change the broken healthcare industry and help people get access to care. It feels good to be helping the world.

Cons

sometimes feels like part time team is separate from entire company.

"Account manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly simple to get promoted to senior. Great benefits plus extra perks come along with the job. Starting as account associate is not bad at all

Cons

A lot of work on the back end. Highly demanding and competitive team. Most of your everyday duties is your responsibility.

"Best Place I've worked"

Former Employee - Service Team in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Service Team in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks like meals, unlimited vacation and even development classes! Even for part time employees. This is obviously a company that cares about it's employees and loves promoting from within. Managers have always been incredibly supportive and pay attention to employees needs. When I started a new medication and I told my supervisor that I might be sleep for a few days, she (in all seriousness) asked me if I might need a nap break.

Cons

HOnestly, there aren't a lot. I can't speak for other departments, but the company culture I experienced is incredible. Since my job was part time, there is a lot of turnover, especially since almost everyone I worked with was a student, recent grad, artist, parent, or someone else with a passion outside of work. When I first started, training was not as consistant or clear as it was when I left.

Advice to Management

Keep being your great selves! Managers were always kind, encouraging and made it a point to be involved with employees' growth.

11. "Insides Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in New York, NY

Pros

I have been at Zocdoc for over 3 years now and plan on staying for many years to come. The culture here is simple, if you work hard there is plenty of opportunity for career growth and you will be rewarded financially as well as having the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping patients get easier access to healthcare each and every day.

Cons

Lunch was rough here for a while, but recently its become amazing.

Advice to Management

Keep developing entry level employees. They will be your bench moving forward.