Zocdoc Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zocdoc CEO and Co-Founder Oliver Kharraz
Oliver Kharraz

Pros
  • Good start up to start career, free lunch (in 66 reviews)

• Zocdoc is a company filled with great people who are extraordinarily bright and caring (in 33 reviews)

Cons

1. ""Very Satisfied" is putting it lightly."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Overall the difference between working at ZocDoc and working anywhere I've worked before is that everyone cares about the work they do. We're invested in the company's success, which is huge. When I do a good job, people actually come up to my desk and tell me. They probably don't even realize how much that means to me.

Cons

Not too much to say here, although there is pressure to get things done and things do move real quick. I like it but I can imagine some other people might not be able to handle that.

Advice to Management

Tell the Office Manager she can probably tone it down a bit - she's short with us sometimes. But on the plus side the Director of People is great and I feel good knowing he's in charge of HR.

2. "ZocDoc is a fast-paced, quickly growing company with enormous opportunity for professional and personal development!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

ZocDoc's culture is exciting. There is nothing better than to work for a company where everyone involved is on board with the same mission. The people are passionate, hard working, fun, and creative.

Because ZocDoc is growing, there is enormous opportunity to really get involved in building a company. It's not easy work, but luckily the company is filled with problem solvers who have "intrinsics". We believe in meritocracy, as a result I feel confident in the guidance I am given by management and I feel supported by the people with whom I work.

Cons

We need more people! There is so much to do! We are growing fast, and we need people to help fuel that growth!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Keep true to the ZocDoc mission and culture. Based on the success we've experienced, it works. Never lower the bar.

3. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

I came from a Fortune 50 company, where everything was bureaucratic. Here, you have substantial latitude to do what you need to do. You own your area. You get handed a lot of responsibility, and you are often paving the way for how things will be done in the future. You're really still a pioneer.

Cons

The company is growing faster than they can add people, so your workload is pretty heavy right now, and you're often doing multiple things at once.

4. "It's been the most rewarding experience of my professional life; both personally and financially"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

Room for Growth. Excellent Management. Financially rewarding; both in the short and long term.

Cons

Like working for any start-up it involves a lot of dedication; if you are a 9-5er this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

At this point I don't see how things could be run anymore efficiently; obviously that will be harder to accomplish the faster we grow.

"This is the place I was meant to be."

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

Pros

ZocDoc is a place that values excellence - in its employees and its product. I am at a company where I have a voice, where I have opportunity. I am lucky to feel excited and driven about my job. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else!

Plus, free lunch and full health benefits aren't too bad either ;)

Cons

This is a place that requires all of you, 110% commitment. I love that, but people looking for a greater balance may find themselves feeling differently. We need to continue to recruit and find people to support the burgeoning needs of the team.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate the goals and priorities of the company, and ensure everyone is on the same page with these priorities.

"The best place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

Pros

- Amazing coworkers
    - Easy access to executive team
    - Great location
    - Awesome business model
    - Varied work (definitely not your average 9-5!)
    - All the perks you could want (lunch, dinner, benefits, happy hours, etc)
    - Unlimited growth potential
    - Knowledge that you are helping fix a broken industry and make patients' lives better

Cons

I wouldn't call this a con, but you are definitely expected to work hard and make a decent number of sacrifices at ZocDoc. Cyrus and Oliver talk about "living the life," and employees who live by this credo (and are ok with working nights, weekends, holidays, etc in the name of getting things done) are rewarded immensely.

Advice to Management

It is clear that you care about the future of your company and invest in the people who are going to grow with it. Thanks for everything!

7. "Glad to be here"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in New York, NY

Pros

Great People, Free Lunch, Growth Opportunity and most of all I get paid very well!

Cons

Doctors are arrogant and at times annoying to deal with, but they have money to spend and our product is a no-brainer

"Best job I ever had!"

Current Employee - Operations Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in New York, NY

Pros

I have flexibility for time off and my work schedule. No one is looking over my shoulder to see if I'm doing my job. My peers and managers are supportive and always have a positive attitude. I am encouraged to shine without being pressured.

Cons

I wish we had more people. We're growing really fast and even the most talented people can feel stretched a bit thin at times.

9. "ZocDoc is an awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I'm really happy at ZocDoc. My coworkers are brilliant and hilarious. I sleep easily at night knowing that we're actually helping people.

The Developers can take far-fetched ideas and turn them into reality. The Service Team is so friendly and cheerful that they could make Ebenezer Scrooge crack a smile. Management knows who you are and they genuinely care about you, your growth, and the company as a whole.

There are so many opportunities for advancement that we can all help each other to become better instead of fighting to be the only one on top.

Cons

You can't just float through the day. People rely on you- and you have to step up to the plate and work your hardest every day. Everyone wants to shine, and you'll find yourself going beyond the extra mile on late nights or weekends to shine extra bright.

Also, your friends might get sick of hearing about how great your workplace is!

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting people who are talented and are hungry to be a part of ZocDoc. Continue to celebrate the developers who fix a bug on a Saturday morning or the Service Team member who answers an e-mail on a Sunday night.

Have even more Qdoba days!** (I love the catered lunches…)

"An amazingly fun and exciting rollercoaster ride that I don't want to end!"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chicago, IL

Pros

They've got a great company culture and a really cool office. If you're out of market, they fly you into NYC for a quarterly meeting and company party and pay for 100% of it. Base Salary + commission, gas, parking, tolls, health/dental/life/vision insurance are also paid for 100% by company.

I've spent the majority of my career in outside sales. Nothing I've done has come close to the satisfaction both personally and financially as working at ZocDoc. If you can sell a lot of doctors, you can easily break 6 figures. If you're really good you can do that before the year is even half-way through. Plus to have the chance to work at and help form a company that is changing healthcare...it's a once in a lifetime type of opportunity

Cons

It's hard work and not a place for people looking to punch a clock and coast to 5pm every day. The base salary is higher in other medical jobs, but the money is made here in the commissions. If you're out of market, it's not always easy to feel connected to a company operating out of NYC, but they do a great job of internal communication and fly everyone out for 4 company meetings/parties a year.

Advice to Management

Keep the bar high for great talent as the company expands so rapidly. Don't slow growth and continue breaking into new territories.