Zocdoc Reviews | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Reviews

Updated January 15, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The benefits are great, which included fully paid health care, unlimited vacation and free lunch daily (in 73 reviews)

• Amazing culture, great people, good place to work (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is no issue for part-time employees (in 26 reviews)

• Turnover - The Sales team had exceptionally high turnover (in 18 reviews)

"Great Culture, career growth, and fun environment"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc (More than a year)

Pros

fun, casual, but driven and hard working. rewards smart work

Cons

the office space is old, and the temperature never seems to be comfortable- but we are getting a new renovation soon

"No faith in engineering"

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the rank and file are good people who are trying to affect positive change in the world.

Cons

Management considers engineering to be a cost center, and so expects everyone in the engineering org to do more, and get by with less.

"fantastic work environment"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

management:
      managers actively cultivate a culture of transparency and candor. i attended biweekly one-on-one's with my manager where we talked openly about my career growth and the health of the team. tech leadership listens to engineers and takes concrete steps to address feedback. it's fantastic when your manager often asks, 'what can i do better?'

culture:
      working at Zocdoc is fun. engineering org is inclusive and highly collaborative. sharing knowledge is celebrated. off-site hackathons are unique and refreshing. i consider the people that i worked with to be part of my extended family.

technology:
      always evolving. in the past two years, the team has done a tremendous job of promoting an environment that encourages experimentation and the adoption of the latest tools.

Cons

management:
      work can be done to make management philosophy more cohesive. while it makes sense to allow teams and leaders to thrive in their own way, i've spoken to other engineers who've experienced very different versions of Zocdoc.

compensation:
      even some smaller startups offer more competitive salaries. when i left, there was a lot of room to improve here. there were limited experiments with bonus programs, but i would like to have seen organization-wide adoption of those policies.

Advice to Management

keep up the dedication to transparency, candor, and growth.

make sure to reward employees for their contributions.

standardizing competency evaluation is a great step towards fair, merit-based growth. just make sure that you are having the employee work on skills that are part of their personal career goals. it's a balancing act. i strongly believe that everybody should be compensated fairly; i also believe that no two careers evolve the exact same way.

4. "Great company and atmosphere to work in"

I worked at Zocdoc full-time

Pros

The people are great. Family mentality. Allow you to grow through the company.

Cons

Can be monotonous at times depending on department.

Advice to Management

Keep advancing!

"Great for recent grads"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place for a first job out of college. Good people. Fun environment.

Cons

Not much as far as growth and development. Not a mature environment.

6. "You'll learn a lot and have fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I honestly can't believe how much I have learned in my time at Zocdoc. I have had an amazing experience and am happy and proud to work here. The people I work with on a day to day basis are incredibly thoughtful, smart, and caring. I'm proud to work for this company.

Cons

No company is perfect and we've certainly had our growing pains. That said, I genuinely believe Zocdoc cares deeply about it's employees.

Advice to Management

Stay diligent and keep adding benefits. It's a competitive market and to keep talent we need to stay ahead of the curve.

"Inside Sales Executive"

I worked at Zocdoc full-time

Pros

Free lunch , free healthcare, ok benefits

Cons

Horrible management, no growth opportunity

"Zocdoc is a great place to work... Unless you're in Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fun, energetic, young employees. Easy to make friends. Very social environment.
    - A1 benefits package, free lunch, cool office.
    - Great exposure to e-board.

Cons

- DO NOT take a SALES job at this company.
    - When interviewing, you'll hear about endless growth potential. The reality is that approximately 1/10 people will get promoted out of the entry level sales (SOA) position. In the last ten months alone, over 85% of the team has quit/ forced out. I did not realize this coming in.
    - The job itself is absolutely miserable. You make 50+ cold calls a day to angry receptionists who have been manipulated by the company for 5+ years. Pay is terrible. No autonomy- prepared to be micromanaged.
    - Once getting to full-cycle sales, thing do not get much better. Turnover is incredibly high- a true revolving door. Goals are absurd. I have never seen anyone last more than 2 years in this position.
    - People are constantly interviewing other places and generally stick around until someone picks them off for more money.

Advice to Management

Attempt to make your employees feel like more than a number. Invest in career growth.

"Honestly not that great"

I worked at Zocdoc full-time

Pros

Lots of younger people like it here. It's a great place to pick up some new technology, socialize, and make friends when you are looking for a place to have fun.

Cons

Having to listen to everyone's music on Fridays, being forced to participate in game sessions, pretend to be a geek by wearing fake plastic rim glasses, and just a lack of professionalism make this place pretty much a nightmare for anyone who wear's big boy pants. This place is getting old and most of it comes from top leadership. You don't know what you don't know as the saying goes. Avoid this place if you can, save yourself a detour in your career.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Learn to TRULY value people and figure out who you want in your organization. Don't play games with people's live(lihood)s. You may be led by a doctor, but apparently he's forgotten the Hippocratic oath.

"Very unorganized and scattered."

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zocdoc has great people. More often than not, reps stick it out for a few extra months because they know it will be hard to find a close group of people again.

Cons

I honestly don't have enough trike to write all of the cons. If you are looking to grow and be a successful sales professional, this is not the place.

Advice to Management

If you don't listen to what your employees have to say, you will be left with nobody.