Zocdoc Reviews | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Reviews

Updated June 6, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good start up to start career, free lunch (in 66 reviews)

• Zocdoc is a company filled with great people who are extraordinarily bright and caring (in 33 reviews)

Cons

1. "Fun Job, if You're Right Out of College"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are an ISE or work at their NYC, free lunches, snacks, access to entire C-suite.

Cons

Bro-culture. Resources limited.

Advice to Management

If you want to hire top talent, you can maintain a fun culture, without being unprofessional. Too many blurred line...

2. "sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Energetic company with high growth potential as long as your'e willing to put the work in.

Cons

no cons, enjoyed my experience there, keep doing what your'e doing.

Advice to Management

none.

"Account Consultant"

Current Employee - Account Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, great work environment, genuinely love what I do!

Cons

Need to hire more people with external experience

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

"Let's gooooo....bankrupt."

Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the people. Really, I can't say this enough- these people were my family. The food got better. I was left alone as long as I did my work. I laughed day in and day out and really felt like part of a team near the end.

Cons

Oh boy - how much space do I have? Well- they aren't hiring so don't worry about refusing a job offer - glad thats out of the way. If you take this job for what it is, a temporary stepping stone....or a resting spot for trust fund babies who can't fathom operating in a real work environment, then yeah it's really fun. Drinking is certainly encouraged. Some manangers are great, ok maybe 1. The rest of them are absolutely lost. They repeat phrases that seem almost as if it were memorized lines. Why do you keep telling me I'm doing a great job...a greaaaatttt job. K- I get it ...you're starting to freak me out a little. Managers are the core issue, the entire company has changed its tune and course corrected (too little too late though guys) except....no one is looking at the managers - wait why? Prob just too lazy. Figures.

Yeah- there are mice...but that's not ZD's fault- that was our fault. The environment is so lax we all forgot that there are consequences when fiber one brownie bars are left half eaten on your keyboard DUH! it's also quite a scene to see a Friday night aftermath ....you know...the keg party leftovers from all of the people who decided not to go to zoctalk.... but to drink, no chug down multiple beers and bottles of wine while pitching doctors instead. Hey- not complaining about that. But come on- you are surprised about the mice- you just leave that stuff there all weekend.

People ops....woah. I don't...know what to say. Just pure akward interactions. Shady. Strange. Fake. It's almost as if you are on a bazzaro plane and people ops are the overly aggressive flight attendants, smiley and nice but in a fake way. Oh.... We'll just claw back that pillow and blanket if you don't mind- sorry we ran out of terra chips but here's a package of nuts - enjoy your trip in coach!

Can't explain our own search. Some kind of poetic wording...no one is really sure. I think we all just vomit through our headset when asked why other doctors come up before them in a zip code that is completely different...."well, organic, different for every person....ummmm some guy gave a speech about this I just can't remember what he said- let me have my AM CALL YOU!"

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. Love what you did with the sales team. Love that you put some people in AM roles out of nowhere. All of the sudden a deal that was worth 1k is now $80. Someone is adding things up wrong. Someone got stuck between the old world and new world.

Truthfully - it's a cult culture. It will consume you. Fun while it lasted, but ....it's over now. You can't go back and fix your reputation ZD - you aren't 5. You told us to do these things- then changed your mind. Act your age ZD- you big bully.

Advice to Management

Try really hard to break out of character ...just try...we know you're in there...somewhere...maybe. Oh who are we kidding go home you know nothing about sales.

"Account manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly simple to get promoted to senior. Great benefits plus extra perks come along with the job. Starting as account associate is not bad at all

Cons

A lot of work on the back end. Highly demanding and competitive team. Most of your everyday duties is your responsibility.

"Best Place I've worked"

Former Employee - Service Team in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Service Team in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks like meals, unlimited vacation and even development classes! Even for part time employees. This is obviously a company that cares about it's employees and loves promoting from within. Managers have always been incredibly supportive and pay attention to employees needs. When I started a new medication and I told my supervisor that I might be sleep for a few days, she (in all seriousness) asked me if I might need a nap break.

Cons

HOnestly, there aren't a lot. I can't speak for other departments, but the company culture I experienced is incredible. Since my job was part time, there is a lot of turnover, especially since almost everyone I worked with was a student, recent grad, artist, parent, or someone else with a passion outside of work. When I first started, training was not as consistant or clear as it was when I left.

Advice to Management

Keep being your great selves! Managers were always kind, encouraging and made it a point to be involved with employees' growth.

"No Communication"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free catered lunch every day, typical start up atmosphere with couches, snacks, coffee, happy hour every Friday. The benefits made my terrible salary okay because at least I didn't have to buy lunch.

Cons

There's supposedly unlimited vacation, but it's nearly impossible to take more than 2-3 days at once. Hours are technically 9-5, but everyone worked more like 10 hours a day. The turnover rate is absurd and there's very little job security - people are constantly leaving or getting fired. There's absolutely no communication between management and staff, but there are an excessive number of "team meetings" so they work real hard to pretend they're communicating effectively when actually they might as well be politicians for how little transparency there is.

Advice to Management

Actually practice what you preach. The start-up feel and the CEO 'office hours' are just a facade to cover up how much of a mess the company is behind the scenes.

8. "Zocdoc after a year"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Really good benefits
    - Within I.T plenty of opportunity to make career progress
    - Within I.T. managers encourage continuing education, and shadowing employees in position you want to move into
    -Very Low turn over in I.T.
    - Catered lunch
    - unlimited vacation days for salaried employees
    - 15 days vacation for full-time hourly employees, with plenty of opportunity for over-time

Cons

- No visibility to financial information (it's a private company, so they are not required to share it)
    - Management slow to make decisions
    - No 401K match (although free health care makes up for this)
    - newer executives adding more red tape

Advice to Management

Decision need to be made faster. Some resources are spread very thin and need to be expanded on. The New executives are adding a lot of red tape, and there is starting to become a lack of transparency.

9. "Insides Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in New York, NY

Pros

I have been at Zocdoc for over 3 years now and plan on staying for many years to come. The culture here is simple, if you work hard there is plenty of opportunity for career growth and you will be rewarded financially as well as having the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping patients get easier access to healthcare each and every day.

Cons

Lunch was rough here for a while, but recently its become amazing.

Advice to Management

Keep developing entry level employees. They will be your bench moving forward.

10. "Inside Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. Great co-workers. Great office location. Amazing health and other benefits!

Cons

Very stressful. Constant changes and a feeling of instability.