Zocdoc Reviews | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Reviews

Updated January 15, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The benefits are great, which included fully paid health care, unlimited vacation and free lunch daily (in 73 reviews)

• Amazing culture, great people, good place to work (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is no issue for part-time employees (in 26 reviews)

• Turnover - The Sales team had exceptionally high turnover (in 18 reviews)

1. "Lies Lies and more Lies"

I worked at Zocdoc full-time

Pros

Great industry
    Some good people to work with
    The technology is stellar

Cons

I worked here for 5 years and after I left they did random background checks on me and would even call my current employer multiple times. Then I get recruited for a new big promotional job and ZocDoc said I NEVER WORKED THERE! After that, I received letters from their attorney all the time. The nightmare just ended and I should have never worked here.

Advice to Management

Grow up, you are not special.

2. "Great mission, renewed focus on product strategy."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• Better leadership at the top (engineering, sales)
    • Clear vision towards transformational growth
    • Investment in latest technology

Cons

• Office space, slowly getting renovated.
    • Not enough individual career training
    • Some departments are poorly managed

Advice to Management

Zocdoc has turned a corner and is on track for success. Stay the course, and keep transparency to your employees along the way.

"Great company finally on the right track"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Collaborative, open, mission focused people
    - Transformation to become a technology company
    - Lots of growth potential

Cons

- Eliminating legacy code will take a while
    - Office space needs improvement

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the current product strategy. Transparency improvements are also appreciated.

"Sales in New York"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Zocdoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I remember standing outside on my first day and thinking...I've made a terrible mistake coming here and I had. Terrible place. Smells like a doctors office but it isn't. Why so much rubbing alcohol? It's weird. The Sales Manager are in competition. They all started when the product was being sold at $100 a month to join. Truly alarming how little skill some of them had. Other were talented and I learned a lot from them. Too bad they were/are human garbage. I think he got arrested for doing drugs outside of the office in the morning. It's a weird joyless place. It's just creepy.

Cons

There's no real point in it. Everything is set in place. People who were going to move up have and the rest are their to make them money. It's not worth it. There's too many other sales jobs in the city.

Advice to Management

Too focused on the user experience and not focused enough on providing a quality product to your actual customers.

"Not so great for entry and mid levels"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely exceptional people, especially those who are tenured and have been there when benefits were still great. Catered lunch. Great location. Mission driven, mostly. Company and product are bound to succeed if proper care and investments in employees are brought back and maintained. Many teams are happy at Zocdoc.

Cons

Poor compensation for client facing roles, support and relationship managers alike. High pressure, competitive but not necessarily productive. Inexperienced leadership.

Advice to Management

Used to be a great company to work for, because you really did care and invest in the people that handle the users of the product on a day to day. Invest in service and client facing operations, because the product cannot succeed without patients, doctors and staff. If you want our end users to be happy, you need to make sure the great people supporting end users are happy.

6. "decent"

I worked at Zocdoc full-time

Pros

good food, nice office in soho

Cons

leadership junnior, sales team like boiler room

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had pretty good lunch

Cons

Company is completely disorganized, lies to its clients, has no clue how it's technology's algorithm actual works, and it's only real direction is "I hope THIS works."

Management is even worse. They lack talent and truly have no clue how to manage their teams. They are all quick to throw their employees under the bus to scape goat their inability to be effective.

Zero growth opportunity. All account managers are being driven back to sales, but with more responsibilities and impossible targets to hit. Anyone hired for sales will be stuck at entry level.

Company is downsizing its sales and management teams because they are struggling to make profit. Since I was there, 4 managers, our director of sales and COO all proactively quit because there was no future for them or opportunity to grow. Not one person was promoted to fill these loses, we were just put in bigger teams (as if the managers already couldn't manage a team lol).

The company is very dishonest and instead of teaching you to be upfront encourages you to lie to your clients. Both in sales and account management.

The culture is even worse. The company pretends to be building a better environment, but have an open door policy on swearing and fraternization. Most of upper management is in a relationship with one another! The managers are very back stabbing and everyone hates their job (with good reason) so there is constant complaining every day. Very depressing

Targets are impossible to hit and they recently reorganized their commission structure to lower peoples ability to make money.

The only people who do well are those with good territory. You might get stuck with a territory they don't even market or sell into anymore. If this happens to you your pretty much screwed. I was fortunate not to have one of these territory's

Don't be fooled by the positive reviews. Every time they get a bad review, 3 more great reviews pop up!!!

Advice to Management

No advise would help. Nor would it be listened to or given consideration!

"Great Product - bad management"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You feel like you are all working towards a really great goal - allowing so many people to get the care they need using the product. There are many instances where it has truly made an impact in the lives of others.

Cons

The product is great - it really is. Bu the truth is the company grew too fast in the wrong direction with the worst business model and when they tried to correct the issue 7 years in, it was too late. The growth potential here is very limited as well, and some teams have managers with little to no experience on how to lead a team.

"Fake Reviews and Fake People"

I worked at Zocdoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good health insurance since they are in the industry.

Cons

The people are fake. When you interview, you think you are joining a really exciting and happy team. The moment you begin, the truth comes out. Managers are rude, impatient, and would rather fire an employee than coach/train them to succeed. The teams are mismanaged and top management has people with little to no experience who should not be in management positions. They want you to think that they are transparent with employees, but really they hide a lot. They offer stock options to almost anyone, but they aren't worth anything. The turnover rate is really high.

Advice to Management

Train your managers in how to train their teams. Managers just want to cut employees instead of working with them. Have a better interview process. Right now, you pull people out of good jobs with promises of all the amazing benefits of working at Zocdoc, only to fire them a month later with no notice.

10. "Great company that is providing a good cause"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Zocdoc (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting environment to work in. Has a lot of great people. Provides snacks throughout the day and complimentary lunch.

Cons

Not an easy job. If you don't perform, you can get let go.

Advice to Management

Need to spend more time on development for everyone.