Zodiac Aerospace Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Olivier Zarrouati

"Data Analysis"

Data Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Zodiac Aerospace for less than a year

Pros

The culture is relaxed. Management works diligently to promote a work life balance. Lunch is provided every Wednesday. Free coffee and snacks.

Cons

Little opportunity for growth. At times, depending on you manager, things can be extremely disorganized.

Zodiac Aerospace2016-05-24
  2. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Aerospace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall a well organized business structure.

Cons

Recent merger is causing confusion.

Advice to Management

Communication is key.

Zodiac Aerospace2018-06-25

"Very boring internship"

Engineering Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Zodiac Aerospace

Pros

Gain experience designing the interioir of commericial airplanes with CATIA and involvement with other major projects. Learned aerospace terminology and the standards for our clients. Most people there are very friendly and helpful

Cons

Very disorganized, no direction, mentor lacked leadership. No training. Had to learn everything myself as my mentor was awful. I had to go to other engineers for assistance because my mentor was always confused and pissed off for no reason. No hands on experience so basically a desk job 40+ hours a week. Honestly a very boring internship compared to other internships I had before. Sometimes the parts/assembly... databases would glitch and I was stuck doing mundane tasks that has nothing to do with engineering. The computers are slow as hell. Seems like they didn't care about developing me at all.

Advice to Management

Pick mentors that actually care about developing interns, not mentors that give you work while they just chill and do nothing.

Zodiac Aerospace2016-08-24

"MEDIOCRITY SAFE HAVEN"

Expert in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Aerospace

Pros

You are not held accountable for your responsibilities Your paycheck is always there Some cool people to work with Very relaxed culture (depending which site you are)

Cons

Being mediocre is OK No career development Extremely low pay compared to the industry (at least on the medium management positions) Unorganized company in every area Unrealistic goals to the customers If you shine be prepared to get overflowed of work since the culture seems to be "find who can do this so you don't have to do it" Incentives don't exist at all!

Advice to Management

If you want to be a leading company of the industry, stop accepting mediocrity from your executives to your line operators. Do the company values mean something or is pure decoration?

Zodiac Aerospace2016-06-10
  5. "Engineer"

Design Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Zodiac Aerospace

Pros

Interesting product Line / Nice market position

Cons

Limited Salary and monolithic management

Advice to Management

Get more new people in

Zodiac Aerospace2016-02-10
  6. "What management??"

Former Employee - Repair Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Zodiac Aerospace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always a lot of work. Days can sometimes go fast. Hours are pretty cool. Overtime can sometimes be a bonus.

Cons

High school education managers - some have an intimidating stature. Everything is disorganized. The building is constantly changing. Tools are a mess.

Zodiac Aerospace2016-01-23
  7. "Zodiac"

Engineering Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Zodiac Aerospace for more than a year

Pros

International company. Diverse products within the aerospace industry. Poor quality. Poor processes. Poor guidance and communication.

Cons

Poor management and planning. High school mindset. No idea as to how to fix organizational shortcomings. Movement restricted.

Advice to Management

None

Zodiac Aerospace2016-01-17

"Good People, Pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Zodiac Aerospace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Driven Team Good people Very competitive salary Good location They make really good quality products for an international market and is a good resume builder.

Cons

Every one is expected to work long hours in order to catch up because teams work very lean and planning or out sourcing hiccups indicative of running lean without proper planning and execution.

Advice to Management

This is a tough section because Zodiac is acquiring so many companies around the country and world so the ideal work environment is a bit of a moving target.

Zodiac Aerospace2015-09-09

"Best Internship, Poor Career"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Aerospace full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible environment, great place to start career and get extra experience. If you ask for more work you will always get it! Many opportunities as the turnover is not so good. The culture of the company is changing for the better. Pay for employees is on the increase and the turnover rate is decreasing.

Cons

Even though turnover and pay are getting better most people in Zodiac are still underpaid. The turnover is still so bad that experienced employees are hard to find and when they quit they leave large gaps that are often filled with underpaid under experienced people. The company puts very little thought into people management and often just place people in positions to fill a check box. Supervisors do not accept... responsibility for the work of their people and often times the company will often put the responsibility on young admins because they are hungry for experience. The common strategy is to complete 3-4 years in a position then look at other companies to continue your career. The company does a very poor job of capacity management and is always under capacity. This leads to continual overworking of the personnel. While the experience is very good at Zodiac, the workload is terrible and you are constantly under heavy pressure to sustain performance. Lastly, the company does not have much in the way of standards so much knowledge is "tribal" and is lost with the turnover.

Advice to Management

Learn to better disseminate responsibility to the team instead of one person. Also, learn realism. Implementing a brand new MRP system, while transferring 50% of your operations to Mexico, and reducing head count while maintaining high performance is not realistic. Why we thought we could do all this and maintain to be competitive during this transition is beyond me.

Zodiac Aerospace2015-01-07
  10. "Opportunities to grow and take on challenging but rewarding assignments."

Current Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Aerospace full-time

Pros

The company celebrates entrepreneurial spirits and give its employees wide span to accomplish their work.

Cons

The company has weak strategic framework.

Advice to Management

Improve top down and down up communication.

Zodiac Aerospace2012-08-15