Cover image for Zodiac Aerospace

Zodiac Aerospace Président du Directoire Olivier Zarrouati
Olivier Zarrouati

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management in almost all area and level(in 74 reviews)
  • "Work hard but get low pay(in 27 reviews)
  • "Unfortunately, through all the damage that corporate has caused, our managers have been severely limited.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Upper management is a joke and they apparently allow psychical aggressive behavior even though the company says they have no tolerance for that(in 17 reviews)
  • "There are no training programs... except for the newly developed CSR training which needs some work.(in 14 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zodiac Aerospace and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

The current Management Team has done well

Dec 23, 2021 - Demand Planner in Gainesville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

they care and will reward you if work hard

Cons

Located in a small city

2. 4.0

Great management

Feb 24, 2022 - Human Resources Generalist in Brea, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good balance between autonomous work vs team work

Cons

Company socials and activities are no longer encouraged due to covid

3. Join the Zodiac Aerospace team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

good

May 2, 2022 - Planner
    Business Outlook

Pros

good place to start off aerospace career

Cons

Change of management in constant

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Apr 21, 2021 - Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

None as I was there for a short time

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work!

Oct 1, 2020 - Production Supervisor in Sterling, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone was always willing to help on another to achieve our daily, weekly, and monthly goals.

Cons

Not having quality parts from vendors ro ship quality units on time.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Quality

Apr 6, 2021 - Quality Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

strong, good, care, people, environment

Cons

team effort, solving problems, growing, payment

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good company to begin the career with.

Oct 12, 2020 - Senior Mechanical Systems Integration Engineer in Carson, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible Work environment - Good benefits and perks - Stable company

Cons

- After few years, growth is limited

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Surprisingly happy, way better than I expected.

Oct 10, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Came in as an Engineer and was rather bored. It wasn't very challenging, but put everything I had into the position and was shortly given a management position. To work at Zodiac, one has to learn to be comfortable in chaos with a drive to make things happen. I moved into another department with great pay and many opportunities. I bring a lot of experience from working at similar companies. There is a bright future at Zodiac if you are a self starter, have a drive to make things happen and can function well in chaos. Have a vision and lofty goals, make sure you let you know what they are...if you can prove yourself successful, like any company, you'll do well. Zodiac Seat Shells is an amazing product I've used and truly believe in. They are a wonderful mix of art and engineering.

Cons

There are departments that are lagging, but there are clear improvements happening The right management making more data driven decisions is needed. Zodiac facilities are often in the middle of nowhere making it hard to attract talented, seasoned people. Most of these people prefer to stay closer to more abundant jobs in metropolitan areas.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great stepping stone for engineers

Feb 26, 2016 - Materials and Process Engineer in Marysville, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I felt like I had complete control over the engineering of my projects. I was able to work on a variety of different projects that interest and challenged me. My direct report was helpful and easy going. He understood the cons of the job and worked to alleviate the stress they caused. Benefits were good for me.

Cons

The pay was quite low for the market. As a struggling student post-college, I grabbed the offer when it was presented. Raises were fair percentage wise but it didn't matter when the base was low. Production was always under trained and understaffed. Quality didn't have the balls to squawk about issues. The facility cut a lot of corners and conditions were subpar for the industry. Most managers and supervisors did not belong in their positions, most didn't have the intelligence to tie their own shoes it seemed. The engineering group was passionate about their work but didn't have the required experience to be successful. Because of all these issues, on-time delivery and quality were sub-standard and embarrassing. Because of that everything was urgent and poorly done. In my role I wore many hats to support the needs of the company and to work around individuals who lacked the proper skills so that my projects would succeed. I poured a lot of effort into the company and it was heartbreaking to see other departments failing and impacting my projects. That's why I had to leave.

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Limitless potential mired in old style management and politics

Nov 12, 2014 - The Wearer of Many Hats in Santa Maria, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This place has some of the best and brightest engineers I have ever worked with. We all want to do our best and while most are new grads, there is a passion to do things right and an innate talent to solve really difficult problems

Cons

Things have been going downhill for quite some time. It has always been a place for "work hero's" to thrive, however when you build a business around that and grow it exponentially it is doomed to fail. Corporate put Zodiac Seats France in charge and they have made one bad decision after another. More policies, more "directors" who do nothing but pander to the customer and promise unrealistic things while not giving the departments and employees the support and tools needed to succeed We are hemorrhaging good talent to other companies, and the answer has been to hire experienced contractors. This is a big mistake, as the people with the experience who are leaving are the ones we need to pay the premium to keep if the company is to succeed.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 592 Reviews
</>Embed

Zodiac Aerospace Reviews FAQs

Zodiac Aerospace has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 848 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at Zodiac Aerospace to a friend and 31% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Zodiac Aerospace employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Zodiac Aerospace. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

56% of Zodiac Aerospace employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zodiac Aerospace 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Zodiac Aerospace to be workplace, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Zodiac Aerospace Job Seekers