Zodiac Pool Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Zodiac Pool Systems CEO Bruce Brooks
Bruce Brooks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Opportunity in Right Direction"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Vista, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open environment to offer suggestions that are taken. A lot of employment opportunities in engineering, which shows we are designing and manufacturing more great products. Zodiac offers a non-micro managed approach, which is perfect for many of us. Plus, we are off every other Friday!

Cons

Very fast pace - if you are not adapt to working in an energetic environment, you would not succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to us (employees). Allow the teams to wear jeans every day instead of just Fridays.

Aug 14, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your review- we are listening!

2. "Good Work Place"

I worked at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time

Pros

Close knit and family environment

Cons

General benefits were not competitive

Aug 4, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback and review. I'm happy to see you appreciated the family environment, I agree! We are continuously looking for ways to enhance employee benefit, but I'm sorry to hear we... More

"Only if you have to....."

I worked at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, co-workers and some company sponsored-events.

Cons

Management, management..... Managers who are petty and threatened by their subordinates desire and attempts to develop themselves professionally. Most supervisors are not any better. Also, there are some incompetent people that still work there, why? This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. When someone is making mistakes that are thousands and thousands of dollars not once but multiple times, they have to be put on a Performance Improvement Plan or let go. Letting people like that still work there without consequence, doesn't do much for the morale of those who work hard and do their jobs correctly. HR is not much help either.

Advice to Management

Develop your junior executives and managers, help them become leaders not stay managers. Make sure to nurture an environment that promotes and supports professional development. There are a lot of great people that work there help them grow , and there are a lot that left because of the lack of growth and the pettiness of some management.

"Decent Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work 9 hours per day, and get every other Friday off. Pay is decent and comparable to rest of industry.

Cons

Management plays favorites. If you are a "favorite", you can do no wrong. There are many people that hold positions they are under-qualified for.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. There is a lot of discussion about the great culture, but the actions are often the opposite.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Vista, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Parties, social and company events

Some great smart people

Projects can be challenging to work on

Leader in the industry

Nice office

Good work-life balance for people with families and flex-time

Cons

Understaffed running too lean in engineering department not enough staff available to work on projects.

Some recent new hires fresh out of university in Engineering want to climb the ladder faster than those who have been here longer and have more equity within the company.

Top heavy management structure, too many kings, not enough pawns.

Pay could be better

Tools to do the job need to be better equipment always breaking down but budget to create new Executive level positions not a problem.

Some people promoted into Engineering have no degrees or experience

Not a Engineering-Centric company but promotes itself as one, high turnover many good people leave on their own will.

Company seems to favor hiring former and unemployed Black & Decker people at the Manager and Executive level.

Promotions are excessive with favortism and many are skipped over year after year.

Company hires people from all over the country and relocates them here at a great expense but does not promote from within unless you are within the circle.

Advice to Management

Value your Engineering staff and those in it equally!

Be more transparent beyond what Keith McQueen delivers and we do not need the overdetailed memos in our inbox with personal info of new hires whether they are Staff or Executive Level! This sends the wrong message and comes off as Braggish!

Make company wide org charts available on the network! Why is this a secret yet we know the above?

Improve and invest in equipement and infrastructure!

Promote on merit not from buddy system!

Aug 4, 2017 – HR Director

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm really sorry that your experience with Zodiac is not matching our intention to be the best place you have ever worked. We are... More

6. "Have so amazing people that work at Zodiac"

Pros

I love the people I work with most of the management is wonderful!!!! Good benefits and I love having almost 2 weeks off in Dec. almost fully paid

Cons

Excessive hours and lack of time of training. Had to advance into another position or department. Don't treat long time employees as valuable.

Advice to Management

Value your long time employees and help them advance their careers.

Aug 4, 2017 – HR Director

Thanks for your feedback. You are right about the amazing people that work at Zodiac, I truly believe its what sets up apart. As for your comment on valuing long time employees and creating the path... More

"Not for Senior Engineers"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Vista, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

+overalll good people in company outside of engineering leadership

+good pay, benefits and bonus

+overall clean and safe workplace

Cons

-they promote recent graduates with no experience too quickly into the Engineering team before they know the trade and gain experience.

-no respect for senior engineers

-engineering managers give projects to people with no experience or limited experience.

-talk to senior level engineers like you are stupid or have no prior knowledge.

-competitive workplace with big talkers who fluff up their image to look good.

Advice to Management

Appreciate senior engineers years of experience.
    Let recent grad new hires tough it out for a few years and learn the trade before moving them into engineering with no experience.
    Stop age discrimination

"Customer Service Rep"

I worked at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time

Pros

No pros to this job.

Cons

Management was horrible and didn't respect their employees.

"Technical Support"

Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in Vista, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people actually care about each other. They want everyone to succeed and achieve their goals

Cons

Only con I can think of is the need to go out in field in order to advance past a certain position.

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time

10. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast pace exciting place to work. Culture is awesome People are passionate. 9/80 work schedule - every other Friday off!!

Cons

You have to like a fast pace environment!! 9 hour day turn into 10 hour days! Annual increases are minimum