Zodiac Pool Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Zodiac Pool Systems CEO Bruce Brooks
Bruce Brooks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance but hard work is rewarded (in 4 reviews)

• A great place to work, with awesome company values where employees and customers come first (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Doesn't equipp one for a good customer service (in 3 reviews)

• No vision, no culture, no fun, warranty issues and product failure a big issue (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growing Company with a "family feel" yet progressive culture!"

Current Employee - Manager in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Vista, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zodiac is growing and adding many new employees. The company has done a great job preserving its warm and positive corporate culture while welcoming new staff and incorporating fresh ideas and perspective.

Zodiac is a progressive company and, in an effort to offer work life balance, has a fabulous benefit of a 9/80 work week with every other Friday off.

Zodiac has leaders that truly care about their people and see their success is dependent upon their employees' success. It is a supportive culture where people understand how their individual roles tie into company goals / results.

New hires coming in are impressive! We are lucky to have their expertise and varied backgrounds, especially as we blend them with long term tenured employees. Companies can get stale when they don't infuse teams with new talent.

Many internal promotions- lots of organic professional growth which helps retention and reduces turnover.

Tuition reimbursement and good benefits.

4% 401K match!

Cons

Parking is tough as we're growing so fast and outgrowing our facility!
    No onsite gym but there is a gym membership reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your teams as to the growth and expansion plans. HR should share statistics on turn over and internal promotions as some employee chatter and previous reviews point to high turnover rates yet our real turnover seems very low compared to the national and regional averages. Make sure we are prepared to scale... we need IT infrastructure, tools and more physical space/ parking. Would love a casual dress code everyday as most of San Diego's corporate offices now allow jeans everyday, not just Fridays.

Thank you for the 9/80- its amazing to have every other Friday off... Feels like 5 extra weeks of vacation each year!

2. "One Big Family"

Current Employee - Territory Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its truly one big family with all the love and support to do your job. Company really takes care and pampers employees.

Cons

Sometimes job goes into the night.

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, good company values, excellent customer service and lots of exciting growth.

Cons

Really don’t have anything negative to say. It’s not an easy job but for those who have drive and passion it is a good place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep up a great job!

Jan 11, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. Glad you brought up all our growth opportunities- its such an amazing time for the company!

"No chance for intenal evovlement if in customer op's."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vista, CA

I worked at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pay was ok, but could have been better. Although all goals are met per yearly reviews only 20ct/hourly were added to next years salary. That does not even acount for the inflation!

Cons

Customers would tell us chabges that were made by the company before our supervisors would know them. Doesn't equipp one for a good customer service! Favoritism is also a big issue.

Advice to Management

Managers/Supervisors should know the basics of how to manage or supervise a groupd of people in terms of, planning, problem-solving, analyzing sheets and numbers, organized, rolemodel behaviour,etc. School them, if you hire them from within!!!

5. "Technical Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great compensation package with excellent benefits. Every other Friday off is amazing. The culture is alive and living as stated, not something tell tell others and hope to have someday.

Cons

Career path opportunities may require relocation.

Advice to Management

Bruce, great job casting the vision and working the plan. From the bottom looking up I see amazing leadership in those supporting the cultural and driving toward our mission. “Create the perfect pool experience”

6. "Happy to be part of the team"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!

Cons

I have not encountered a con

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job!

Jan 11, 2018 – HR Director

When you hire the best and keep talent engaged (like yourself!) how can it be anything other than a great place to work! Glad you agree

7. "Engineering"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Open and honest communication in a dynamic atmosphere.

Cons

Fast paced environment with multiple projects to manage. Too many meetings

Advice to Management

Keep listening. Invest in your teams.

Jan 11, 2018 – HR Director

Sorry, I would have responded sooner but I was in a meeting! I'll make sure your feedback gets funneled up to the top, its such a balance of keeping the right people informed and having too many... More

"Technical Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been with my company for almost 15 years now. We are progressive, the leader in the market, innovative, and work closely as a team. We have great leadership within the organization and the company continues to improve daily on our personal and professional lifestyles.

Cons

We have grown so fast in the last 3-5 years that is hard to keep up with all that is going on. A lot of new people to try to get to know as well as train. Some departments are harder to grasp due to the nature of the position so it might take longer to train.

9. "Best place to work hands down!"

Current Employee - Technical and Warranty Support Representative in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Technical and Warranty Support Representative in Vista, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere and comradery in the office is like no other. Friendly and helpfull at every turn. All of the managers are willing to help when needed and the customer service that is given is one of the greatest I have seen and it is encouraged to help out the customer as much as possible. Great people, great customer service and great opportunities for learning. And getting every other Friday off is a great idea

Cons

To be honest, I have not found any cons at Zodiac

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I have never had managers of your quality and professional attitude and always there for your employees. I have never said this to a manager, "Thank you, you are the most personal and professional managers I have ever had the chance to work with."

10. "Nice and fun place to work"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Vista, CA

I have been working at Zodiac Pool Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

5 - 4 days /alternated weeks with 9 hours/day

Cons

Company is far from home (Huntington Beach). Have to rent a room to stay during the weekday.

Advice to Management

Get more training for Oracle (not so friendly to use)

Sep 21, 2017 – HR Director

We love our Fridays off every other week! Great suggestion on additional Oracle training, I'll speak to the appropriate leaders and give them the feedback. Thanks!!