Zoetis Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Zoetis CEO Juan Ramon Alaix
Juan Ramon Alaix

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Zoetis does a fair job at accommodating work life balance by allowing some to work from home and adjust your schedule within reason" (in 24 reviews)

• "Great benefits and work environment" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "all the while they claim they want you to have work-life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "Upper management pays too much attention to people who are only professional meeting attenders" (in 12 reviews)

"Without a doubt an excellent company to work for"

Former Employee - U S Army Sergeant First Class E7 in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - U S Army Sergeant First Class E7 in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Zoetis full-time

Pros

Excellent company for profit sharing

Cons

There is truly no down side to working for this company

Advice to Management

None

"Your boss is the make or break"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Zoetis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Scientific innovation, plenty of resources, good pay and benifits.

Cons

There are many good people who work for this company, I have been here for 8 years, which include several years before Zoetis spun off from Pfizer. In 2013 when the spin off first happpened there was a lot of change that was somewhat difficult but it felt like an exciting place to be and I stuck it out. Now (2018) there is a culture of promoting managers who will do anything to get ahead and who can be really bad to the people who work for them. There are still some good managers but it is almost impossible to know that before you take a position.

I would not recommend taking a job here because even if you start working for someone who is great, a near constant state of reorganization means that it won’t last long.

There is a culture of good scientists becoming bad managers because ambition and intelligence are not the only things that managers need to have in order to become leaders.

Advice to Management

You have good people who work for you and you are crushing them with lack or trust and understanding. There is NO consistency across managers the current system of no performance rankings just allow bad managers to act like little dictators.

"Toxic culture, no trust, employees treated like machines"

I have been working at Zoetis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cutting-edge facilities, important work, high ethical integrity. Everyone who works there is a genius.

Cons

There is a lot of talk about the happy culture of trust and innovation, but it's absolutely toxic. Management is basically in the way. We are treated like machines in which the cogs are expected to work until collapse and get zero recognition and little credit. Management takes it all. I disengaged years ago.

Advice to Management

You are squandering your considerable talent because there is no trust, and egos are what prevails instead of ingenuity. The loudest, most frequent meeting-attenders are the ones that are rewarded. The ranks work their hearts out and get nothing. Speaking out or speaking up gets you punished, even though you pay plenty of lip service to the contrary. I have no incentive to open my mouth about anything. The company could be SO MUCH MORE.

"Great company, but not for IT professionals"

I worked at Zoetis full-time

Pros

Overall this was a great company to work for with a very important exception noted below. Business leadership was focused, effective, and open to new ideas.

Cons

Working inside the IT department here is a nightmare. The CIO is NOT qualified to be a senior leader and has created a toxic culture that misdirects employee energy away from meaningful results and achievements.

5. "Manager"

I have been working at Zoetis full-time

Pros

Great benefits, flexible hours and gender equality.

Cons

Very hierarchy oriented. Some leadership treat their employees terribly and nothing is done about it.

"Passive,unhappy,colleague poor management ."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Zoetis full-time

Pros

Lots of overtime even Saturday no time clock..

Cons

Slow internet can't connect to Kronos.Big building with small spaces ,Poor site management, no chance to move up, old equipments.unorganized clean room with lots of clutter.No concern with employee safety. Work at your own risk..No new hire orientation. This place is a totally boring..

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Director in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Zoetis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay; Good health benefits; cafeteria is good;

Cons

This is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Be wary about applying here. As other people have noted, the organization went through a transition a few years ago. Unfortunately, they never recovered from it. For instance:

- We lost a lot of people, and the remaining people had to triple down on their work load. There are simply no resources to get work done.

- The management continually tries to implement employee programs (e.g., mentor programs), but there is no depth to these programs. They’re disingenuous, and just a way for management to check a box.

- There is a lot of duplicity among departments and teams. This causes extreme confusion as to who is doing what.

- The CIO needs to be called out. Others have noted his incompetence, and I agree. It’s almost like he’s never worked in technology before. If people’s career didn’t depend on it, it would almost be funny. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOUR JOB IS TO WORK WITH TECHNOLOGY. Your career will be ruined.

Advice to Management

A major reorganization is needed.

"Always stories underneath the surface...."

I worked at Zoetis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great products that help animals, great R&D, good pay, good benefits...but NOT the best in the business that they will brainwash you to believe.

Cons

I predict this will be long. Ok, want the truth?! Let me begin.

Corporate culture is awful. This company's management brainwashes its employees into thinking it is the best job with the best pay and benefits out there. Not the case! Don't get me wrong. Zoetis employees are paid well, but it is most certainly not the best and when you take into consideration of all the B/S that one must put up with, was it worth it??? For me, no, and I should have left long before I did. But it becomes that golden handcuffs type thing where you don't want to leave a good-paying job with benefits. I was guilty, too. One gets burned out very easily at Zoetis.

On some days, the job could be invigorating....sure, I'll give it that on a few days. That was due to servicing some great customers who were helping animals in need, though...not from any actions of the company. The company (and I) had much better days when it was a part of Pfizer and not a standalone company. The culture got worse with each passing year once it became standalone. As always, management can make or break something and management has broken lots in this company's culture.

2013 - 2015 were very hard years for the company with many growing pains, with 2015 being one for the books. Horror stories! It had started to turn around in 2016 but there were still so many issues and even moreso if you had one of the terrible managers as I did. The company lost SO many GREAT employees in 2015 during its most awful year on record....customers pretty much hated the company (yet still loved the reps, as those of us that stuck around tried helping them as best as we could). My vets would ask me every other day how I could still work for such a company with all the problems and fires they forced upon all of us during all the changes. Very few managers during this time showed any TRUE accountability. They offered some words of condolences but their actions never really backed up their words. Zoetis just could not get its act together.....changes in billing system (causing AWFUL things to happen to customers), supply issues with KEY products, not accounting for all their company mishaps in quotas, firing reps erroneously, having to put out fires left and right on a daily basis....it never let up! The list goes on and on and on and on. I could seriously write a book here. Colleagues (GREAT ones, mind you!) left on their own accord because they were FED UP. Then for those that stayed and were loyal to helping our customers during that trying time, Zoetis fired some of us on the basis of performance (all the while Zoetis still wasn't able to supply key products to vets, which naturally affected quotas, of course...but do you think they ever took accountability for this??! NO! .....and only later to find out that the territories in question DID exceed their quotas based on the fact that commission checks were received for that last quarter worked there). Note: for those that left in the awful year 2015, they could not be happier now at the competition and elsewhere. They all comment on how brainwashed employees are at Zoetis. This is FACT.

Terrible managers at multiple levels are just passed around, inflicting pain on all in their path. HR will always take the side of management, no matter if proof is given of a discrepancy.

On another note, way too many products to manage with marketing managers and management sending out COUNTLESS number of emails per day. Seriously, emails will inundate you! There is no escape! Admin work is extensive; one needs1-2 hours each night for pre-call planning the next day to the extent the COMPANY wishes its reps to prepare...all the while they claim they want you to have work-life balance! Ha! Non-existent in reality....only in theory. Management are huge micro-managers.

They are trying to acquire so many companies for growth, yet slam more responsibilities on their already overloaded employees without any change in compensation.

Advice to Management

Read the above and start making changes is all I have to say. You all live in utter denial and want to squeeze the life out of your employees. You may not like my review, but all of you KNOW it is true deep-down. There's no way you could not. and for those that claim they do not, you are probably one of those awful managers just being tossed around that don't listen and back up your district members. I'm sure you know the saying, "For every one customer that complains, there are 100 more feeling the same way but just don't take the time to voice it." Consider that perhaps.

9. "Intern"

Pros

Great place for an internship!

Cons

Mentors are incredibly busy which can hinder your work experience.

"mediocre company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Zoetis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good health, dental, vision, etc benefits, profit sharing and ample vacation time

Cons

OTE and Salaried compensation not competitive to industry. More with less mentality