Cover image for Zonar Systems

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Zonar Systems Employee Reviews about "working at zonar"

Updated Jun 16, 2021

77 Comments

Tech

574.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Zonar Systems~645427
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Zonar Systems? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Zonar Systems employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "English speakers (always made fun of those who didn’t understand English and would call them dumb for not understanding) Terrible management Terrible communication Hostile environment(in 9 reviews)
  • "Senior Leadership has too many priorities and TODOs without a clear focus or cohesive vision.(in 7 reviews)
  • "The work environment is extremely hostile, mostly within upper management.(in 5 reviews)
  • "I am shocked there hasn't been more law suits against the company for how badly employees are treated and how managers seems to be able to get away with anything.(in 4 reviews)
  • "I'm going to cut your pay and i'm going to drastically increase your quotas.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working at zonar"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced, high energy, exciting place to work!

Jun 4, 2014 - Training and Multimedia Specialist in Tukwila, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have really enjoyed working at Zonar. I am able to work on a variety of projects that keeps me from ever having a dull moment. Being able to work on building practices, policies, procedures, and improving the output of our department has been very exciting. Working with each of the departments here at Zonar, I am able to help build consistency, improve the level of professionalism and overall face of Zonar, which is very rewarding to me!

Cons

Sometime's in such a fast paced growth, there can be more work than time in a day. There seems to never be enough time to get everything done in a timely manner, especially for others. Fortunately this is recognized and recruiting is moving forward to help fill the gaps.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, cool product...... thats it

Jun 4, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work next to you are really great. Smart people with the drive to do awesome things. When you leave zonar, you are able to go do just about any job in your field, making 50%+ more than before because of the experience you gain working there.

Cons

work life balance is a joke. the leadership team tells the software team that they are lucky to have jobs, because the economy is terrible and they should be happy they have the PRIVILEGE of working at zonar. The compensation is really a joke, I started out relatively new in the technology field, but when I left zonar I had a job in less than a week making 50% more. I had never bothered to look around while I was with zonar, because I actually believed that I was lucky to be employed. Personal favorites, and vendettas abound within the management structure. low level managers are let go when they cant perform to the standards the higher management demands... even if those levels are completely unreasonable. There is an unwritten rule that if you (as an employee) are only working 8 hours a day, you are not working hard enough, and they will find someone else who will do the work.

13 people found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Disappointed - has so much potential going unrealized

Feb 9, 2018 - TDC Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

HR is active, current with trends and best practices and supportive of improving Executive Marketing leadership is outstanding There is a core of great people at the company that I like working with Interesting industry and potentially cool technology Reasonable PTO and perks, good base salary

Cons

Picture painted in the recruiting process does not match reality of working at Zonar. Lost its innovation and struggling against competitors Executive product and sales leadership is non-strategic, small thinkers and highly randomizing Execs are not committed to leading, respecting people, or even being good managers Lack of strategic vision = shiny object syndrome and flailing about No bonus payout due to poorly articulated MBOs and failure to engage delivery teams in the commitments Health plan deductible is very high

Continue reading
    12 people found this review helpful

Zonar Systems Response

Director, Talent Acquisition

At Zonar we strive to be transparent with our employees with our quarterly all hands meetings. We encourage you to come forward with any ideas you have to help get the vision across. Feel free to drop by my desk anytime :) shami.marangwanda@zonarsystems.com

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work and learn

Aug 24, 2015 - Software Development Engineer II in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having been at Zonar for almost a year, I can happily say that my experiences here have all been very positive. Having come from a much larger software company, the transition to a smaller company has been a very refreshing change of pace. From the technical side of things, you get a lot of exposure to many different technologies, languages, and tools. For those eager to learn, it is definitely an excellent way broaden your skills. While ramp-up and learning everything may seem daunting at first, there are some very knowledgable people working at Zonar, and everyone is always willing to help. Don't be afraid to ask questions...even if it is the same question over and over again. The various engineering teams work closely together to ensure a good product makes its way to our customers. Developing internal tools, documentation, and brining in new ideas is well received and encouraged by your co-workers. As far as software shops go, Zonar has a great work life balance. Working overtime isn't something you need to do in order to get all your work done. In addition, putting in extra time and effort is noticed by others and your extra efforts are acknowledged.

Cons

Some software tools and libraries may be a little dated, but there is good internal push to move to newer versions or replacements.

1 person found this review helpful

Zonar Systems Response

Recruiter

Thank you for the great feedback! We are so glad you are enjoying your time here at Zonar! Thank you for all of your dedication and hard work.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews