Zones Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Account Executive

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Firoz Lalji

Pros
  • Best work/life balance of any tech company I have worked for, off the majority of nights and weekends (in 17 reviews)

• Weekends off, free food sometimes (in 30 reviews)

Cons

"GOOD JUMPING POST TO GET INTO B2B SALES"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, WA

I worked at Zones (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good place to get experience. Good training program. work hard get paid for your efforts with decent commission.

Cons

below average pay for AE's in the market. negative attitudes.

Advice to Management

Look into the laws of attraction. Usher in some positive energy by being positive yourself.

2. "N/a"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zones (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekends off, free food sometimes.

Cons

Low-pay compared to other account executive jobs. Favoritism shown in the work place.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring over-glorified managers , promote from within.

"SAE"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Zones (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. Pay was good if you were good. Nice location

Cons

way to low base salary

Advice to Management

raise the base pay

"Zones! An IT hardware provider..Oh, I mean a solutions provider until they hear another idea to steal."

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Zones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location location location and food

Cons

As soon as someone gets a great idea they heard from the competition, they want to revamp their whole business model. It's changed twice since I've started. Focus on one thing and do that correct instead of trying to be everything to everybody when you don't have the resources or manpower. High turnover because management isn't sure what they want to do or where to go. once you look at the credentials of the upper management
     Calling all Best Buy and Comp USA managers home.

Advice to Management

Hire Managers and Directors with real experience versus hiring Big Box TV store managers and former hostesses to run an IT business.

"Invest in your employees.. and we'll stay."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Zones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Food, partner fairs, the co workers are great, hours, occasional events and weekends off. Everyone who works there knows what a hot mess it is and everyone is looking to leave.

Cons

PAY. PAY. PAY. The entire sales floor is cleaning up their resume. What a joke. You don't get commission if you don't hit 40%? We didn't get paid January even though we didn't know what our goal was. We're a laughing stock. Go to CDW for some real service.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees. Especially if they want to stay. This company could grow so much more if you showed that you gave a crap about the people working for you. The CEO pockets every last dime. Find a real company to work for. This is just a stepping stone for people.

7. "Is a place to work"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Redmond, WA

I worked at Zones (Less than a year)

Pros

A Great place to work

Cons

None complaints to think of

8. "Strong training, awesome people to work with, good 1st job out of college. Not forgiving if you're not selling."

Former Employee - Account Executive SMB in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive SMB in Auburn, WA

I worked at Zones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commission, lots of bonuses/spiffs/commission opportunities. You'll learn a lot about IT from both sales and technical perspectives. If you can achieve some early success you can make a ton of money here.

Cons

Cog in a machine kind of mentality - employee suggestions/complaints will not lead to much change. High turnover, success can depend on "getting lucky" and selling something early so that you get favorable treatment when it comes to leads and transition accounts from employees who quite/are fired. Very important to be on the right team with the right manager. Almost impossible to get quality leads unless you're performing well against sales targets.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on training and work hard to retain quality employees that will have offers elsewhere in the industry. Try to coach up poor performers rather than giving up on them. Highly recommend a change to revenue/margin quotas for employees who are struggling but making a good effort and learning enough to succeed if given the opportunity.

"Senior AE"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One day a month to work at home if you're a Senior AE. It's awesome, but you will be heavily put under a microscope.

Cons

If you are a Senior AE, you will be micro managed if you even try working from home Zones Public Sector Chicago's management seems to hire people

Advice to Management

Be honest and transparent.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office
    Good partner events and food
    some good folks to work

Cons

Management is only concerned about cold calls and unreasonable metrics. They won't trust you and always think you are slacking. They will tell you how much money you can earn and it is not true. No raises, even if you are a top Account Executive. No remote work, they want to see you in your seat all the time. Performance plans are handed out even if you are at your number, and if you miss a month, you are on plan. Pay is low- most people leave after a year or 2 and double their bases. President of Company seems not to care for the folks in the offices. Doesn't try to meet them or hear what they are saying. Everyone is just a warm body in a seat and replaceable.

Advice to Management

Hire the right people and trust us to work hard. Pay a fair base, and give us realistic goals and comp plans.

"Worst Sales Job Ever"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zones full-time

Pros

Nice location and office. Free lunch and happy hours sometimes. Cool partner fairs.

Cons

EVERYTHING. The only job I've ever worked where everyone in the office was seeking other employment options. The turnover rate is terrible. If you're looking for a job for a few months, this will work. But if you have actual responsibilities and are looking to earn money this is not the place for you. Low base, and literally the worst commission structure you will ever come across. I'm pretty sure HR makes more money than most Account Executives. They tell you about all of the ways to earn commission, but in actuality you're just earning money for the company and not yourself. 3 month training which can be extremely dreadful. Micromanagement at its finest.

Advice to Management

Remedial power points and hours of conference calls are a terrible "training" method. Zones is billion dollar company, stop being cheap. Most startups take better care of their employees. Raise your base to at least 35,000 since it's almost impossible to earn commission. Put snacks and drinks in break room. People need more than tea and cheap coffee to get them through a day of the worst job ever.