KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zones Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2022

Found 975 of over 995 reviews

2.9
Zones Chairman, President, and CEO Firoz Lalji (no image)
Firoz Lalji

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Met and worked with some great people(in 73 reviews)
  • "Theres not a whole lot but the people and trainings were good here.(in 32 reviews)
  • "Free Food (but even that isn't as good as it use to be)(in 32 reviews)
  • "There was a good work/life balance but only because they didn't want to have to pay overtime.(in 29 reviews)
  • "work environment is good(in 16 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management are poor(in 82 reviews)
  • "Place grabs people in need of a job and depletes them of all their motivation through poor business practice and low pay.(in 60 reviews)
  • "3) Upper management doesn't care about the salespeople.(in 40 reviews)
  • "Some managers have a 'not it' mentality.(in 39 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership remains in a state of flux between highly committed to executing on a strategic vision and resisting any change.(in 29 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zones and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Easy Work Good pay

Dec 16, 2021 - IT Technician in Clifton Park, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Normal day shift, good pay, easy work

Cons

Hard to get hired permanently

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's a Job

Jul 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Leads are compassionate and are willing to help you assist and grow as needed -Program is very much a meritocracy -Opportunities to learn are available

Cons

-Expected to be advanced at too many subjects out of the gate (The material is there to pick up and learn but there is too much to get overnight) -Program makes frequent drastic changes but normally ends up hurting itself more than helping

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Typical Call Center

Jul 26, 2022 - IT Support Analyst in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offer remote work, benefits, and opportunities for later shifts

Cons

Very busy during day with long-hold times, Employees are monitored for time off of phones, management only engages to bring up something negative, no room or training to move up.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

strong services play

Jul 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

excellent services company , with global experience

Cons

at times too much desktop focus

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Awesome Job!

Jun 30, 2022 - Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote position - I started in Buffalo, NY in the office, we went remote due to Covid and now we are completely remote. The people that I work in leadership are all awesome. The agents are great, and pick up the job quite easily. Company provided computer. My manager is always there when you need him!!

Cons

I simply do not get paid enough for the work that I put into the company. I got a raise of $.92 after being there for 4 (almost 5) years.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good starter

Jun 19, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to get into the technology field , pay is ok.

Cons

The pay plan is confusing and changes every year

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place to work and learn

Jun 13, 2022 - HR Business Partner in Auburn, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Zones recently in the US, all i can say is this is the best place to work. Its far ahead than those big fortune 500 companies that I worked before in terms of taking care of the employees. Zones took extra care of me after I lost family member due to pandemic in India. They said " You are zones family now, please take your time to be with your family you can join us whenever you are ready we will wait for you to return, your offer will remain same". My recruiter Jeff Lawlee and my manager Brandee Brown are so humble and kind. Not every organisations can do this for candidates who are yet to join your organization. They offer best compensation and has amazing teammates.

Cons

nothing that i have come across

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

They'll use you, underpay you, grind you up and spit you out, and possibly give you the need for therapy

Jun 27, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Menands, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro of this company is it can be a stepping stone, but that stone is a molten lava rock with shards of glass sticking out. You will learn a lot. It's trial by fire surrounding by hounding, needling micromanagement, but you'll learn a lot about Microsoft and IT in general. I went from careers completely not in IT, to working here, and now having a real job that actually pays well and doesn't treat you like crap.

Cons

I just still couldn't in all good conscience recommend anyone else use this place to find a better career. There are like 17 bosses that can order you around. THERE ARE NEVER ANY RAISES. I worked there over three years, no raises. They use promotions, which gain you experience, in lieu of raises. But the funny part about that is they can just demote you back to where you started on a whim if they lose a contract. I worked 5 different roles, ALL of them more responsibilities and technical know-how needed than the last. NO RAISE. Lateral moves they called them. "at least you'll get off the phones!" they say instead of raising my pay. But by then you are so torn down by their constantly changing direction on which metrics to pursue and that you gleefully accept the giant steaming bag of more responsibilities to get away from both the abuse of the customers AND the management. They use the worst of tactics. One favorite thing that happened to me was meeting their ridiculous standards to accrue a bonus only to never actually see that bonus. I won some BS "lunch with the managers" contests I DID NOT WANT TO DO but the point is it never happened, not because I asked that it never happen, but because they just constantly give out false promises. One time we all got an email from the CEO that looked like an 8chan green text about vaccines. One time we got an email where they extolled how much money they made after selling off a portion of their business they no longer invested in, and then we still didn't get a raise that year. One time in the middle of the call floor when I had gotten a low score for the first time in 8 months of employment, the then-manager made a huge scene about it in front of everyone. One time when I was talking to a Quality Assurance team manager about that exact same low score, for no reason at all, he had a print out of how long I took on my breaks. The sheer level of micromanaging is unprecedented. My current job is amazing and I still experience terror when I hear the Teams sound, I have some negative pavlovian response ingrained into my very soul from three years of toxic abuse from Team Leads and upper management who could barely tie their shoes, let alone stop themselves from harassment, incessantly trying to be your friend outside of work to backstab you, doing illegal things on the premises before it was WFH, and lying through their teeth. I was 'promoted' LATERALLY!!!!! (as they so often emphasized to you in raptor screeches, so you would just not complain about no raises ever. EVER!) to a job that required higher skills, but then I was unceremoniously shoved into two roles that wasted those skills and then put into a highly specialized team where, after the 4 main middle managers of the program were fired for lying and negligence, the new manager cluelessly allowed the program to falter without support or guidance, and I was shoved right back to where I started. The best part of this was that new manager promised to have one last convo with me about "where I was landing" in the afternoon the next day, but he went on a week long vacation in the morning, and on Monday I was back on the phones and he never spoke to me again. He DID spinlessly like my new position on LinkedIn, though.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ehh

Jun 21, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy work with great hours

Cons

Pay is not great, and no room for growth

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible

Jul 7, 2022 - Repair Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

crew members r cool AC

Cons

terrible management selections job description does not match unprofessional place no parking

Viewing 1 - 10 of 975 Reviews

Zones Reviews FAQs

Zones has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 995 reviews left anonymously by employees. 42% of employees would recommend working at Zones to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Zones employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Zones. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

42% of Zones employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zones 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Zones to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Zones Job Seekers