Zoom Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Francois De Gaspe Beaubien

1. "Can't imagine a better company"

Current Employee - Salesman in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Salesman in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Zoom Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has been totally supportive of me as a salesperson. They go out of their way to make sure I know everything I need to know to maximize my income. The computerized sales presentation we have been given to show our customers is absolutely first class. The product itself is a bargain and is effective in nearly all cases.
    Sales supervisory staff is more supportive than any I've seen in 40 years as a business person. Incentives are excellent and the annual trips are off the charts. Just an excellent place to work.

Cons

You do have to make a lot of calls but they last about 1.5 minutes each. It's not that strenuous.

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT work !

2. "Honest Review"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zoom Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel this is an honest review because these are the conversations I've had with management and nobody is perfect. The people that run this company actually care what you think. They're actually accessible. They're actually decent people who don't make you feel afraid to say what you think. They care about two things: are your producing and are you happy. The perks of working with the company are fantastic. In two years, I've been on three trips, had dozens of incentive contests, etc. They give you every opportunity to make an extra buck, which is pretty cool. You just need to bust your butt. If you like to see the country, produce and that opportunity opens up. Ask any question you're thinking and you'll get an answer. Might not be what you want, but it's the honest one. They try to make this feel like an office environment even though we work alone. They do have continuing education pieces and work with you if you're struggling (I experienced that). It sounds corny, but if you follow the steps, you will be decent if you have even a spec of ability to interact with other people. You have to appreciate a company that lets a person, that might be more fiery the their typical employee, speak their mind and help they grow in a way that's best for the individual.

Cons

It's 100% commission. That sucks when you have a tough week. This isn't for folks who can't focus or work hard. Everything is at your own expense (they're taking steps to ease some of the pressure for people who travel). The people who stay are the ones that can handle the pressure. Everyone can do this, but it's not for everyone. There's unlimited opportunity to earn, but limited management opportunities if you see yourself as a leader/decision-maker.

Advice to Management

Continue to progress towards growth in the product. Keep up the great incentives and contests coming. Continue to manage each person the way you have.

3. "Rewarding position and company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Zoom Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Zoom for almost a year now and the company is incredible. The product is awesome and our clients love it. Everyone is great to work with and very helpful. With little sales experience before this job, it is awesome to have other sales reps reach out to you to trade ideas, encourage, and congratulate you. Management is always willing to help and is focused on making you successful. After some quick success early on, I had a couple weeks where I didn't sell very much and my manager reached out to make sure I wasn't getting discouraged and to reassure me for my sake not for their own or questioning me on low sales. The benefits, bonuses, and incentive trips are amazing. Truly a great company to work for.

Cons

None. When hired, the company explained exactly what the job entails and how to be successful with it, and it was the truth and it works.

"Doesn't Benefit the Client"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

lots of workday freedom, little to no accountability. If you work at it there is money to made.

Cons

As many times as I have been inside clubs that had Zoom advertising, I can say I have never heard the voice side of their ad package. Clients don't renew, receive no benefits, like sales increases or verbal mentions...I saw your ad. NOTHING!! In reality you are doing business with clients to build yourself a paycheck, without much conscience...as they receive little to return on investment.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Zoom Media (More than 3 years)

Pros

uncapped earning potential if willing to work hard and put in hours.

Cons

Management is horrible. Unreasonable demands, unfair pay for females vs. males.

7. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President Midwest Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President Midwest Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zoom Media (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture - smart, fun, motivated people who get stuff done!

Cons

Lack of product innovation to stay relevant and keep up with the industry

8. "Sales Representative/Manager"

Current Employee - Director of Team Development/DVP Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Team Development/DVP Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

Cutting edge technology, great support, excellent home office staff that makes the salespeople's job very easy! Company culture is very friendly and family oriented. When you work, you work hard, when it is time to play, you play hard! Great incentive trips and bonus opportunities! I look forward to going to work everyday! I have been there 21 years and will be there another 21 if they want me! Excellent landing spot for salespeople with high energy, excellent people skills and want to make unlimited commissions with no caps! Highly recommend Zoom Media!

Cons

There are no perfect companies but the positives far outweigh the negatives! No real cons worth mentioning,

Advice to Management

Continue to stay cutting edge with technology and product offerings!

9. "One of the best new companies"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zoom Media full-time

Pros

Awesoke environment and great leaders. One of the best sales leaders in the country.

Cons

Nothing wrong with the company. One drawback might be that it is smaller.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they are doing! We are growing at a great rate.

10. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Make your own hours, your income is based on how hard you want to work! Benefits are great, lots of support from management.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Attention Sales Performers: Ignore the disgruntled reviews! I am on pace for $125k plus 1st year!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Zoom Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I felt compelled to submit this review as I admit being concerned about some negative reviews on Glassdoor and almost declined the position due to those reviews. Also, the fact this position was commission only made me hesitant. I have experienced nothing but positives for the first 8 weeks in my position! I had a great interview experience with the company followed by an excellent 10 day training experience in the field with one of Zoom's top reps so that I could see how to succeed in my territory. Next was an incentive plan which literally allowed me to make over 40% percent of the revenue I sold in my first 3 weeks of developing my territory! Not exaggerating. Let's not forget the most important thing for the long term... I am selling to local businesses the ability for them to have Zoom develop creative video marketing messages that will showcase their businesses and allow them to be seen by health club members who happen to be great buyers. I am also amazed at the diversity of the Zoom sales staff around the country. Young, hungry kids out of college that have a knack for selling as well as polished sales veterans like myself who may be changing or rebuilding their careers. Short sales cycle/benefits/sales incentive trips/ability to work from home with no evenings/weekends. My advice is to strongly consider this model because if you can sell you will flourish!

Cons

I would in most cases say a commission only position would be a negative but in this model if you are a successful sales person you will far exceed income levels of many of the combination salary/commission models. You must be good on the phone and quickly articulate the value of what you are delivering for the prospect in order to gain a 15 minute demonstration/closing appointment. If you are uncomfortable on the phone or could not imagine making 40-50 phone calls over a 3-4 hour period this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Continue the concept of an aggressive commission only structure as it rewards top sales performers with compensation and incentive trips and also serves to eliminate under performing reps from the model. Consider additional ways to make the exposure of our creative video advertising programming bigger and better as the more exposure to active/healthy consumers we have the more clients we will have and renewals will become the norm!