Zoom Media Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.8
Zoom Media Chief Coaching Officer Francois De Gaspe Beaubien (no image)
Francois De Gaspe Beaubien
Pros
  • "Short sales cycle/benefits/sales incentive trips/ability to work from home with no evenings/weekends(in 7 reviews)

• "They keep you motivated with incredible incentive trips and contests(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "but those are the days or weeks in which I DIDN'T DO MY JOB and have no one to blame but myself for making little or no income(in 4 reviews)

• "In all honesty, there are days or weeks in which I would give anything for a base salary(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Outstanding Company & Culture

Mar 11, 2021 - Director of Team Development in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture! Rewards & Recognition are there for the people who work hard. Excellent product with constant new additions. No micro-managing at Zoom, they let you do what you do best! It's a cliché, but so true at Zoom Media, you create your own destiny!

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A GREAT company to work for

Jan 22, 2021 - Regional Account Executive in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been in advertising sales for twenty years and this is the BEST company I have ever worked for and product I have ever sold. The sales cycle is SHORT, the price-point is unbeatable and it's category exclusive for the advertiser. The commission structure payout is one of the highest I've ever come across and if you put in the time and effort you will succeed. I was offered several different commission only jobs over the years and Zoom is the only one that I ever seriously considered. The product and price point is just that good. You have total autonomy over your schedule and there is NO micro-managing. NONE. People who leave negative reviews do so because they didn't do the work it takes to succeed. Period. Like any sales job, you have to put in the time and effort. Make the calls, make the appointments, and you will get the sales. It's a no-brainer. I walked away from a guaranteed $70K base salary to take this job and during a global pandemic because I was beyond burned out from the typical sales process and company. The company culture at Zoom is unparalled for the sales team. It is a family. There is no-one stealing or taking accounts from you and every single person has been friendly and helpful and goes out of their way and wants you to succeed. Everything is online and you don't have paperwork to submit or reports to compile. Take the job if offered, but be willing to follow the process they teach you in training and put the time and effort in.

Cons

None that I can think of.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A mess of a company owned by a rich kid who is trying to impress his daddy.

May 7, 2021 - Vice President Creative Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

A hot mess. The lack of knowledge and experience means you can advance quickly if you can deal with morons.

Cons

The people. The processes. The CEO. The “president”.

4. 5.0

I love Zoom

Oct 4, 2020 - Senior Graphic Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

So caring about their employees.

Cons

Highly dependent of economy due to covid.

5. 4.0

Zoom Media Advertising Sales

Aug 31, 2020 - Area Sales Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, Results Driven, Resourceful, Great team

Cons

Super independent work, lead prospecting, cold calling

6. 4.0

Micro-management!

Jan 15, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Good training.

Cons

You’re on the phone all day to try and book meetings. Every time someone would read a review about the company they would change their minds. You are extremely micro-managed for a job that is solely commission based. Their pay process is from the 80’s. You have to mail in paperwork for each deal you close and have to wait almost two weeks to get paid. You are encouraged to lie to customers about the amount of exposure their business will receive in the gyms.

7. 3.0

Great company if you can make 150 cold calls a day

May 21, 2019 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and training. Work rom home.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, the real money in this job is traveling and working out of state

8. 5.0

Great Sales Opportunity

Nov 26, 2017 - Account Executive in Jersey City, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Zoom Media now for over 5 months and I am so thankful that I got this opportunity to work for such a great company. The Interview process is upfront and thorough. The management team is upfront with you from the very beginning that to be successful at this company you have to be a proactive self starter that is not afraid to get on the phone and make 100 plus calls per day. The training you get is fabulous as they jusy don't throw you to the wolves. You get 2 solid weeks of personal training of cold calling, role playing, and in person presentations with the local company's. When you get out of training you are more then ready to hit the ground running. You cannot be afraid to work on straight commission as that is what you will be doing as soon as training ends. You are compensated more then fairly for every sale you make and there are great incentives for bonus's and all expense paid trips on the company just for hitting your goals. I for one can not wait to continue my sales career with Zoom Media and I look forward to the great incentives that they provide us with.

Cons

None that I can think of. The job is not easy but if you apply yourself it is a proven sales model.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 3.0

Ad Designer

Oct 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people were great to work with, fun culture, laid back. The manager for the designers was always insightful and had ideas to make work fun.

Cons

Salary is way to low for a designer role. Many people had multiple jobs just to scrape by. No 401k match, and the health benefits were lacking. Little to no room for advancement or raises.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Company - I Love My Job!!

May 30, 2018 - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Zoom Media for over two years and could not be happier. I came to Zoom from an Account Management position with a base salary. I was really not looking for a straight commission sales position. After speaking with the recruiter, I almost didn't proceed with the interview process, but I'm so glad that I did! The interview process was very thorough and I came into the position with my eyes wide open. My two weeks of training was excellent and I hit the ground running. Each week, my earning potential is unlimited and I'm taking advantage of the opportunity for the weekly earnings, bonuses and incentive trips. If you want to sell a great product, if you have a strong work ethic and believe in yourself, give Zoom Media a try. I am thankful every day that I did.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any Cons that come from Zoom Media. Cons happen when I start a week unorganized or underprepared. If you prepare, follow the program and work hard every week, you'll find much success with this company.

1 person found this review helpful