Zoom Video Communications Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.8
Zoom Video Communications CEO Eric S. Yuan
Eric S. Yuan
Pros
  • "Zoom supports each of their employees personally and professionally(in 137 reviews)

• "Truly go above and beyond to make sure employees are delivering happiness from home office folks being included to clearly in office staff(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Bottom line: Zoom does a great job taking care of its employees(in 52 reviews)

• "Growing pains that come long with fast growth(in 44 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Amazing Culture

Feb 9, 2021 - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Zoom is indescribable. Leadership truly cares about you and your family. Unlimited PTO

Cons

Long hours during the pandemic, but would not consider this a major con as we are making a difference in the world.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Only getting started

May 4, 2021 - Commercial Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

product works, innovation is quick and ahead of the curve, great perks/benefits

Cons

account data and territory alignment are a mess

3. 5.0

Zoom is Happy

Mar 19, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zoom works hard to communicate to its employees with transparency and value. For a company that has grown so fast so quickly, leadership has done an amazing job being honest with where we can improve while keeping a keen focus on what's important to the success of the business and its employees. Zoom is an amazing place to grow your career. I have seen an impressive number of colleagues promoted, and we've all been given incredible opportunities to contribute to projects we are passionate about. The team culture is one of support, camaraderie, affirmation, and sharing. Everyone seeks to promote each other, and the more support you give your team, the more you are recognized as a leader. I truly feel safe, seen, and important in my role. I truly feel that everyone has each other's best interests at heart.

Cons

There are some needed process improvements, as Zoom has scaled so quickly from a smaller community to a massive workforce. However, this is recognized by leadership, and there are several improvement projects completed and in the works. Best of all, everyone has shown grace during the growth and change.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Zoom Cares

Mar 19, 2021 - Product Manager in Overland Park, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zoom has been an incredible place to work at. I've been at Zoom for over 4 years and it truly has been a phenomenal company to grow in professionally. Management in each department I've been in really cares about its employees and the new employee growth program that the people experience team is implementing is incredibly exciting. Zoom's "Care" values are everywhere. Everyone cares for each other immensely. If someone's having a rough time there are people who reach out and help. The idea of "See a need, fill a need" really shines through in the people that Zoom has hired, and I've seen a bunch of new people join over the years who continue to grow this part of our culture. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this company. It is phenomenal to work here and I am never sad about going in to work every day.

Cons

We have had a lot of rapid growth, particularly recently. Workloads are still high while new team members are onboarding.

5. 5.0

Great Company Doing Great Work

Mar 18, 2021 - Machine Learning Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to work on a platform that is vitally important to millions of people on a daily basis Solid base base Good equity package Amazing parental leave!!! Just got upped to 16 weeks Tons of fridge benefits ($200 yearly to spend on the company store, $300 reimbursement for food and exercise equipment during the pandemic)

Cons

In engineering, a lot of the teams are split between US and China, which can lead to late meetings and different work styles In a lot of respects, the company still has a start up vibe. It seems like they are just now starting to solidify a lot of HR and enterprise things: this also means there isn’t a very well set engineering culture (but a lot of very smart people in engineering doing great things) No 401k match

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work More Work Harder

Mar 18, 2021 - Account Executive in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zoom is an amazing product! And the Growth potential here is so substantial that if you have the opportunity to be here and be part of the team it is definitely going to return dividends in regards to experience and growth in your long term career. Also, Eric is one of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. The leadership being brought in from other competitors is doing a great job of challenging the "original reps'" thoughts and way of doing things and it is exciting to see.

Cons

It is never enough, leadership and management always want more, more, more. If you hit 120% they want 150% to make up for those who couldn't achieve the goal. If you are working 10 hours they would LOVE IT if you worked 15 hours and weekends if you can manage it. It is always a message of all hands on deck, now is not the time to rest, never is the time to rest! They leave it "up to the individual" to take time for themselves but then tell the sales team that if they take time off to make it up after you return and work extra to make up for the time off.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Defining the Future of Work

Mar 22, 2021 - People Experience in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Though Zoom is post-IPO, we are largely still in the process of transitioning from a startup culture to a more mature and structured 10-year-old company. This is a prime opportunity for professional growth, exposure to leadership, and the ability to put your name on your contributions. The benefits are amazing, but that's not why you come here. You come to grow in ways you never could in your existing job. This is why I joined and it is already paying off!

Cons

Zoom has grown so fast in the last year that there are natural growing pains to overcome. Those who will thrive here must have a growth mindset, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and patience, as Zoom is heading for its next exciting adventure. Some managers are new in the role and need some training, which has rolled out last year. We just need the patience to see the hard work pay off in the next year.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Valerie Massa, phenomenal Cyber Security Recruiter

Apr 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Valerie was great to work with throughout the entire recruitment process. She clearly explained Zoom's process and kept me well informed along the way. I had been interviewing with another tech company before hearing about Zoom, and Zoom's process was much more efficient, and made me feel like I was more than just another resume, and ultimately made a fantastic offer. Thanks Valerie for getting me onboard.

Cons

Becoming a Zoomie has been great so far. No cons or complaints.

9. 3.0

Missing Potential

May 1, 2021 - Cloud Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, open / honest environment. Many great benefits, far too many to list.

Cons

People here wear working 18 hours a day as a badge of honor. The crazy pandemic growth ended a long time ago but the bad work-habits developed over that time have not. Hard work is valued over smart work. Putting in 18 hours and coming up short would be commended far before putting in 8, going to sleep, putting in 2 more and finishing would. We don't work right, we work right now. I feel like my 25 years of high tech experience has turned into manual labor.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

People first culture, positive and challenging environment

Mar 19, 2021 - Software Engineering Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Genuine compassion, empathy, and respect for all individuals from the top down Passion for high quality (and highly secure) work is part of the DNA Very easy to be visible day to day, lots of opportunity to have an impact beyond the basic job description Competitive comp. package Tons of work to do, very hard to be bored Work/Life Balance is more like Work/Life Integration due to distributed nature of the teams. This is a pro, IMO

Cons

Growing pains may not be a fit for every individual, but IMO is hardly a "con" I wish we had 401k matching, but it's a minor thing. Comp. package and perks are solid beyond that minor point Work/Life Balance can be an issue if you allow it to be, as with any hyper growth company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 619 Reviews