Zoom Video Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2020

4.8
Zoom Video Communications CEO Eric S. Yuan
Eric S. Yuan
Pros
  • "There's a lot more money to be made from any department member at Zoom if you want to make a 10 or 20 year career at(in 131 reviews)

• "Truly go above and beyond to make sure employees are delivering happiness from home office folks being included to clearly in office staff(in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • "Bottom line: Zoom does a great job taking care of its employees(in 44 reviews)

• "Your normal growing pains of any company(in 41 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"A Dream Job and Culture"

Current Employee - SMB Account Executive

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

BENEFITS: +Very generous health and wellness benefits that go beyond most company benefits policies. This includes gym reimbursement, free mental health counseling, free book reimbursement, lunch served 4 days a week, a fully stocked kitchen in each office, free virtual workout sessions, and much more. +Ridiculously low healthcare insurance costs (you get to choose between HSA, PPO, or HMO [if in CO or CA]), +We also have MTO (unlimited time off) and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) which you can put 20% of your paycheck towards for a 15% discount on Zoom stock. +RSUs are provided to new employees to vest over 4 years and you don't have to purchase them! +Even if you didn't get hired pre-IPO for Zoom, we are just getting started on being #1 in our industry worldwide. There's a lot more money to be made from any department member at Zoom if you want to make a 10 or 20 year career at Zoom. Every employee at Zoom does make a difference internally and with how we are received by our customers. AS A SALES TEAM MEMBER: +High energy sales team in most offices, especially San Jose and Denver. We have high expectations for our team members to work hard, put in a solid 8 hours a day, and deliver customer happiness. What does customer happiness look like? It means getting on Zoom meetings with your customers/prospects and being able to solution sell the benefits of Zoom's meeting, room, and phone technology. Get a customer in a trial + have great follow up/customer service and you have a good chance of winning the customer over. The product sells itself!!! +There are so many resources to count. You have a dedicated Phone Product Specialist that will help you on any Zoom Phone deals and they have competitive info that can give our customers confidence in testing our phone product. Also, you have access to a solution engineer for any pre-sales opportunities so that you don't have to be technical with the product. We have partners who can help you through the channel of resell and hardware partners. We also have a dedicated CSM team that will help you train your higher paying accounts with training and onboarding. +Managers want you to be successful. They will not make every sales person happy but the good ones (there's a lot of them) will fight for you when it comes to quota relief, bookings, conflicts with other sales members, difficult customers, and escalating requests to leadership and other departments. My manager does all of this and more. She knows the strengths of our team and is always figuring out new ways to engage our team and connect us. Funny part about this whole COVID-19 and working from home is that our team is actually closer now than ever before. And this is because of my manager. She brings the best out of us. +As big as Zoom is getting, you still have access to leadership to help you. A simple ping and hop on a Zoom meeting with even our CEO is possible at Zoom. A lot of employees don't realize this. On top of this, our leadership team is very transparent in listening to our concerns. +Promotions are up for grabs every quarter. I've been promoted several times because I applied and prepared for my internal interviews with hiring managers. If you really want it and show through your work ethic and performance, Zoom will promote you and increase your income/salary/stock rewards. PRODUCT: +It just works! Have you tested our competitors? Imagine if you couldn't use Zoom anymore? How devastated would you be in being able to get things done? +Zoom allows our employees to add/suggest/escalate product requests no matter what level position you have. We use a company called UserVoice to up or down vote product/feature enhancements and concerns. You can put in your own suggestion and it may find its place on the Zoom product roadmap. It's newly implemented in the past 6 months so I am excited to see what that looks like by the end of 2020. +We have an exceptional product that I believe some employees don't even realize. Many of our competitors do not innovate at the pace that Zoom does. Our engineering teams are working 24/7 around the world to develop Zoom. Our engineers in San Jose are the BEST in the world at what they do. I'd highly recommend every employee to visit our San Jose office and get a tour of the engineering floor. Meet some of the men and women who work on the product and then talk to our product team led by Oded. You will be AMAZED to hear what we are working on. The future is not too far away with Zoom's roadmap.

Cons

+We have MTO (unlimited time off) - only con is that we can get so busy and passionate about our work at Zoom that it's difficult to take off without lettings work stack up and projects get delayed. Customers need us! +No 401k match yet - but it's not that big of a deal because we have the ESPP and RSU plans!

Continue reading

"Best move of my career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced, supportive, trust in leadership, trust in my team, everyone is a hard worker, we lift each other up, we truly care for one another, we all care about the work we are doing on a daily basis, I've never learned so much in my entire life, and honestly I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

Not too much process, but you have the authority to figure it out and make it happen on your own! Truly empowering culture and you feel like you really make a difference.

Continue reading

"Great company to work for, for the first 2 weeks, then you realize how bad it actually is."

2.0
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Fitness Reimbursements -Free lunch in the office -Free swag -Unlimited Vacation (if your manager will let you take it) -Fun Culture, but only in the Denver Office

Cons

-TERRIBLE LEADERSHIP (absolutely awful, they promote people to leadership roles based on length of time worked with the company, and not on their qualifications or quality of work. Most leaders have no idea what they're doing and are more like dictators) -Poor Work Life Balance --> Expected to work more than 40 hours a week/ look at your chat all day even on weekends -Company is filled with unintelligent people (no Doers, just a bunch of Delegaters, --> causes so many things to fall through the cracks) -Leadership never fixes things for the better, just look for quick fixes constantly (the downstream effect is that you'll have to contact 5 different teams just to figure out a simple problem) -Cross team communication is a nightmare, every team thinks they're the most important (they either won't answer you, tell you they're super busy even though everyone is busy, or they'll ask you for something with an unrealistic turn around time) -Don't get to take that much vacation time -No career opportunities (most vacant spots are filled by new hires, rather than hired within) -- promotions for non leadership roles are pretty non existent

Continue reading

"Mid Managers are terrible"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at Zoom Video Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, people, executives, provided meals, compensation

Cons

Inexperienced middle managers. Promoted based solely on relationships.

Continue reading
  5. "It doesn’t get much better than this"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive work environment Team members that care Friendly atmosphere Zoom cares for customers Zoom cares about its communities

Cons

There is no 401k marching

Continue reading

"So Grateful for this Amazing Company & Awesome CEO!"

Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

CEO who really cares about the employees and the community, great benefits and pay!

Cons

None that I have encountered at this time

7. "Just a great Company"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, flexible, hard working, Transparent

Cons

Work very hard. A lot of change

8. COVID-19

"I have won the lottery"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having worked for Zoom for over 4 years (always in sales), I can truly say I have won the lottery. Since I started, Zoom continues to stay focused and committed to delivering happiness to employees, customers, investors and now pretty much the entire world. It is amazing I had to explain “who Zoom was” a mere 4 years ago to now seeing it be used by EVERYONE to stay connected. Recently leadership rolled out ZoomCares which gave a matching bonus to EVERY Zoom employee to make a donation to their charity of choice. Our leadership team did have to make a difficult decision to adjust our comp plans due to the incredible unprecedented demand we have seen due to COVID. But this is business! Reps are still likely going to make the biggest pay check of their lives (while others are losing their job). Outside of sales, we have a dedicated incredible team in all roles across the company working tirelessly to support our customers. It is truly humbling to see the commitment of everyone working at Zoom.

Cons

We have grown and continue to grow at a rapid pace. There can be a lot of noise because of this. It does come from the right place, so it isn’t a con but more of an opportunity to continue to streamline communication both internally and externally.

9. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Major Account Executive

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Products is incredible- hands down, best meeting platform out there. Focus on the customer- This company cares about the customer and wants to deliver happiness Everyone is helpful and engaged Leadership is incredibly generous and transparent

Cons

Learning all the ins and outs is not particularly formalized- thankfully people are helpful- but the tribal knowledge on quoting and positioning the solution needs to be covered in the training Some might find themselves overwhelmed (i didnt)

Continue reading
  10. "Technical Support Engineer"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Zoom values the customer experience as well as the employee experience. Delivering happiness to all those involved with the company and it's product is truly what Zoom is about and what Zoom does.

Cons

Cannot think of any at the moment.

Found 437 reviews