Zoom Video Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Zoom Video Communications Reviews

Updated February 11, 2019

4.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The product is incredible and the mantra of Delivering Happiness is completely legit" (in 24 reviews)

• "Great company culture a long all offices" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Its a growing company so there are some growing pains around process but those are good problems to have" (in 20 reviews)

• "Growing so fast that it's difficult to remember the names of new hires you meet each week" (in 10 reviews)

"A fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment and culture. Great people and a family like atmosphere.

Cons

I haven’t ran into any cons as of yet.

2. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family environment, a culture of Happiness. Great products and great benefits.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

We need demo gear!

3. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, fun environment, company is taking over the market!

Cons

Growth is hard at HQ
    Pay is a little under market

Advice to Management

Help your employees at all costs, remember they make you money

"One of the best places to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely wonderful work environment

Management that actually values and takes care of its employees

They hire people that fit the culture and are also great fits for the positions they hire.

THEY CATER FOOD almost every day.

Managers trust the employees to do their jobs and are always willing and available to help

Very good benefits (include gym membership reimbursement).

Cons

The advancement ladder isn't too transparent. It may be because of how new the company is, but most employees don't know where they can go with the company. That's not to say that there isn't room for advancement, because there is. But if you are wanting to move towards security, engineering, etc. you will have a hard time knowing what is needed from you to move in that direction.

Advice to Management

Align with employees more on where they flourish and help with a career path within the company. If I can retire with this company I would love to, but it would be hard to do that if I was stuck in one or two positions with the company.

"Best stop of my career"

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great leadership, great products. What more can you ask for?

Cons

Its a growing company so there are some growing pains around process but those are good problems to have. The good thing is that the company is aware of and is addressing them with people, process and technology.

"Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, strong leadership, leader in the space, plenty of growth in long term, great pay and commission structure, easy to beat competitors.

Cons

Rapid growth has created has created some pain with dividing segments and some data integrity issues for sales and marketing.

Advice to Management

Get the CRM data cleaned up and allow us to have access to MAP and data tools to make us more effective.

"Best place I’ve ever worked!"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and the company values. Acknowledgment of hard work.
    Wonderful camaraderie and welcoming people.
    Love the video meetings—it definitely fosters deeper connections.
    I feel at home and love my work family.
    Outstanding benefits.
    They truly care about their employees

Cons

One-job individuals that do not provide a lot of value
    Growing pains
    No 401k matching
    Some managers inflexible about working from home (despite it being a video communications company)

Advice to Management

Provide work-from-home options for those in offices. The flexibility is nice and allows for work-life balance—and enhances happiness. Continue valuing your employees and fostering the amazing culture that makes Zoom what it is today.

"finance"

I worked at Zoom Video Communications full-time

Pros

Flexible hours. nice coworkers. great enviornment

Cons

moves a lot. free lunch is just okay

"Great place, growing, some pitfalls"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leader who genuinely believes in what he's saying, not BS in the least. Great customers. Also, we have such a great product that really sells itself, people rave about it. Not much selling needing to be done, truthfully don't really need sales people LOL

Cons

Too many sales people, too many middle managers that don't know what they're doing. We have (or had) a great culture, but the more we grow, we lose a bit of ourselves. Perhaps in order to scale up, you need scale back first take it easy, it'll come when it's supposed to come.

Also, don't look at a partnership as a negative, that is what Cisco & Polycom did, and they went all proprietary with a lot of their equipment only allowing API access, we need to do better about partnering with companies that offer a solution that is comparable to ours. There is no shame in not being able to deliver the end-all be-all right out of the gate. You need something to keep working towards.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, they care about you and want you to succeed. Zoom's success is our success, please listen to us.

"Best company and CEO I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely blown away by Eric - the CEO. Incredible leader, humble, has an open door policy, and is a true team player. The company culture has been built off of those principles and even through the major growth stage the company is at right now, they have still been able to maintain that as the foundation.

I am happy to come into work every day and work with people that have quickly become friends. Everyone works hard and has fun doing it. There are also weekly and monthly events to get to know your coworkers out of the office!

On top of all that, they love to promote internally, compensation and benefits are amazing, and you get free lunch 4 times a week!

Cons

As of right now, I don't have any