Zoom Video Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 27, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Top-down focus on delivering Happiness to customers and employees" (in 23 reviews)

• "The company culture is one of the best that I've ever experienced" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing so fast that it's difficult to remember the names of new hires you meet each week" (in 10 reviews)

• "Growing pains of having a lot of new hires in a short window makes it challenging to get to know everyone" (in 16 reviews)

"BEST PLACE TO WORK!"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Maybe I had been tainted by bad sales organizations in the past, but I have been working with Zoom Video for 3 months now, and compared to where I have been, this place has been an absolute breath of fresh air. I have reason to believe Zoom Video is the exception, not the rule, due to how well the sales organization is run and structured. This culture starts from the executive suite, and trickles down. They have chosen exceptional sales leaders (big shout out to Ben Volkman in Denver!) who have created an atmosphere of trust, support, personal development and understanding, as opposed to the "fear" based sales culture, which is so common. Everyone is working together towards the same goal, selling a product we all believe in. The Proof is in the pudding. We pitch that Zoom Video creates trust and engagement for our customers - the best part..I can FEEL the trust and engagement in our office that has been created by leveraging our platform every day. Thank you Zoom!

Cons

Cons..hmm...no cons at this point.

Advice to Management

As Zoom continues to grow, keep doing what you are doing, it is working!

"Amazing company with fantastic management and offer a great product and solution/s."

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is extremely transparent and positive. They'll be direct but help boost you in a positive and effective way.
    There is a lot of room for career opportunity with all of the growth.

Cons

Not really a con but processes do change to streamline and deliver happiness to customers.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting and delivering happiness!!

"Mid Market Account Executive"

Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Fantastic company culture of "Happiness". You feel it every day and you can't wait to come to work because you feel "cared for". 2) Hands down the best video collaboration product on the market (feels good to be the best) 3) Linear management structure - you can walk onto any floor, chat with any exec (even Eric our CEO) and you'll get a response. Its encouraged! 4) Catered lunches (really good food!). 5) In the heart of downtown SF - walking distance to a lot of other options

Cons

The company is growing like a rocket ship on steroids. Its exciting, but as expected, there are changes each quarter to take the growth into account. This is not so much a "Con" but you have to be someone who is ok with change.

Advice to Management

You guys rock. We love you all. Thank you for creating such a unique environment. I hope it lasts forever.

"Work here if you have the opportunity."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Zoom has the best product on the market. Winning is a culture here and it's not just Zoom that wins, our customers get an amazing product that helps replace existing solutions that just aren't getting the job of connecting their workforce done.
    Executive leadership is laser focused on constantly improving the product and expanding marketing to help with awareness. Both make selling Zoom a lot easier.

Bi-weekly all hands has an anonymous Q&A that addresses any lingering beef anyone has with anything going on at Zoom. Questions are addressed live by the CEO and a lot of positive changes have come from it!

Cons

Typical sales ups/downs, territories aren't always divvied up fairly, some segments get all inbound while others have to constantly hunt, but nothing you wouldn't find at every other software company.
    Hiring process is a little long with many delays.

Advice to Management

Keep on innovating and make tweaks when they need to be made

5. "Exciting start-up, GREAT products, GREAT leader & co-workers"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working with a company where the main value is "Care" (for customers and employees) and the overall goal is to truly make people happy. Eric Yuan is about as humble, nice, and hard-working as they get. Zoom's products are amazing. The health benefits are good and the work/life balance is great. And a full reimbursement for books is awesome! Employees are, for the most part, young, fun, smart and happy. I feel so lucky to be a part of this culture.

Cons

Must be a self-motivated (if you can consider that a "con"). Company is growing fast so offices can get somewhat crowded and noisy, depending on what your expectations are.

Advice to Management

Remind employees that they are responsible for cultivating the unique Zoom "happiness" culture. A formal education plan and 401K match would be nice (eventually).

6. "Exciting Growth Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Develop and grow with some of the top minds in tech
    -Very receptive to new ideas and can implement them quickly
    -Taking over the Video Conferencing market (makes sales fun :)

Cons

-Dealing with some understandable growing pains
    -Still in start-up mode, so must be able to adapt

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging an environment of trust and we will continue to work hard!

7. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To many to list all of them but suffice it to say it was one of my best decisions ever to come work at Zoom. The culture from the top down is fantastic and I love my team and teammates, can't wait to see what the future holds.

Cons

Normal growing pains for a company that is moving so quickly; no 401k match yet.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example and don't lose sight of the things that make this company great as we get closer to our goals.

8. "Family First, Open, Fun Culture"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time

Pros

In my 8 months tenure here, I've experienced some of the biggest wins in my 20+ career! Everyone felt a part of the win and are truly happy for each other as we all win as a team.

Cons

The pace is fast!

9. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment. Delivering Happiness is the mission of the company, starting with the employees. Great benefits. Amazing leaders

Cons

Training is kind of lacking. The fast growth of the company can leave some in the dust. You have to be able to run on your own and carry your own.

Advice to Management

Adequate training and performance reviews. It would help to know where you are in your workload/department and to know what you need to work on to improve.

10. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honesty, this is the best company I have ever worked for, hands down. Our CEO practices what he preaches with Delivering Happiness. Management is great, no micromanaging, and always willing to help. The sales floor is competitive, but not toxic at all. Everyone is more than happy to help each other. We realize we are all a part of something special right now, and that this should be a team effort.

Cons

Company wide, I don't see any Cons. The only thing I could see benefiting our hub office would be the addition of a member of billing, OPS, and support.

Advice to Management

Visit our office more often :)