Zoom Video Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Zoom Video Communications CEO Eric S. Yuan
Eric S. Yuan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Top-down focus on delivering Happiness to customers and employees (in 23 reviews)

• The company culture is one of the best that I've ever experienced (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains of having a lot of new hires in a short window makes it challenging to get to know everyone (in 17 reviews)

• Growing so fast that it's difficult to remember the names of new hires you meet each week (in 9 reviews)

1. "Amazing Company to Work For"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company about 6 months and I can say that this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The team is amazing, the management team is amazing and there is very clear communication throughout the company from the CEO down to newest hires.

Cons

We are going through a lot of growth, so the only con right now is that the current building is a little crowded. New building will be here soon though :)

2. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zoom is AMAZING! Some of the pros include great benefits, free lunch Mon. through Thurs., unlimited MTO, corporate kitchen with snacks and drinks, very fun and happy culture, monthly events, and management that cares for their teams well being and professional growth. Zoom also provides opportunities to recent college graduates. It is difficult to find your very first job, but Zoom gives everyone a fair chance to grow professionally. This is the best company I have ever worked for and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to grow within the tech industry.

Cons

I do not have any cons. Zoom goes above and beyond for us and I am very thankful.

Advice to Management

Continue to show your care for your team. It is very appreciated. Also, let employees know when they are doing good. It goes a long way.

3. "I have never enjoyed a job this much"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best benefits of any company for which I've worked, book / gym reimbursement, free catered lunch Monday - Thursday, quarterly bonuses, monthly company events, extreme positivity in staff, easy to talk to leads and managers, fulfilling to always have something new to learn each day

Cons

Nothing. This company deserves its praise

Advice to Management

Keep up relationships with employees...not a lot I could offer to improve

4. "Love going to work everday"

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership starting with Eric, wants everyone to succeed and gives employees the tools to do so.

The workplace is absolutely amazing, from free lunches to best colleagues ever.

Success is recognized and awarded

Cons

Very busy and too much fun at times, that I have to stay late to accomplish everything

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

5. "Love Zoom!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zoom has by far the best product I've ever sold and it makes coming to work awesome.

Cons

Sales has ups and downs no matter what company you are at. Even in down times, Zoom is awesome and I want to come to work to get better.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating so we keep dominating!

6. "Great company on the up and up"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture, driven from the top down, our great CEO. Delivering happiness to our customers, our team, and ourselves at all times is the number one. Having the best videoconferencing product with unbelievable conference rooms makes this much easier, because it keeps our customers happy!

Cons

Changing the conference experience one company and one user at a time is a lot of work, so they keep you busy!

Advice to Management

Don't change the culture!

"Great company to work for, busy but fun"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for other employers and have found that Zoom really cares about its employees. If I ever have a problem I feel like I can go to a lead or a manager to help get the issue resolved. The colleagues I interact with on a daily basis always work hard and are always very helpful when answering questions. This environment has been the most cooperative environment that I've ever been in

Cons

- Growing pains of having a lot of new hires in a short window makes it challenging to get to know everyone
    - Could use more staff on later shifts to help with tickets that come in during the evening hours or on weekends

"There was some BIG pros, but equally sized cons"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- CEO and (some) mid-level managers are truly good-natured and intentioned
    - GREAT, innovative
    - Job perks are mostly on par with other Silicon Valley startups

Cons

- Poor management on both C-level and mid-level will slowly but surely hinder the company. There are some kind, talented, and caring managers but there are just as many old-fashioned sales slime (generally ex-WebEx people and the like) who are looking to make a buck and without regard to their people or the company
    - Innovation is mostly limited to product, other areas are very far behind the times and they struggle to catch up despite pressure from below

Advice to Management

- Realize that this “happiness culture” is very surface level. It’s hushed, but most people have been disillusioned and are afraid to tell anyone for fear of being labeled “negative” and hindering upward mobility.

Hold mid-level managers more accountable and implement manager reviews to truly understand how they are performing. Relying on sales numbers alone to evaluate a manager will never tell the whole story.

It’s only a matter of time before people start speaking up, and it will hurt the brand.

"Great company"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time

Pros

Passionate people and more importantly, passionate customers. Very exciting play a part in the workplace of the future.

Cons

Startup culture can be exhausting (but still exciting)

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on happiness on both the customer and employee side in an equal way

"Best sales organization and company I've ever worked for (great team, great leadership, supportive of women)"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am so grateful to be a part of Zoom and really appreciate the company culture and the way that leadership supports employees. Eric Yuan is truly an inspiring leader who wants to make the world a better place.

In addition to the culture, Zoom is a superior product that is truly helping to increase client success.

Cons

I honestly don't have a single negative thing to say about Zoom. So grateful to be here.