Zoom Video Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Zoom Video Communications Reviews

Updated January 12, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Top-down focus on delivering Happiness to customers and employees" (in 24 reviews)

• "Great company culture a long all offices" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Its a growing company so there are some growing pains around process but those are good problems to have" (in 20 reviews)

• "Growing so fast that it's difficult to remember the names of new hires you meet each week" (in 10 reviews)

"Be careful; this culture is changing..."

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, in fact, best on the market. Zoom has amazing benefits and tons of perks in the office. There are some great, integral people here at Zoom to work with. I consider many people on my team friends. CEO genuinely cares and listens to his employees.

Cons

I'm afraid this culture has shifted in a negative way over the past year and a half. There are way too many salespeople - upper management is starting to notice, and doing drastic things to get people out. There aren't real territories carved out, unless you're in a higher segment. It seems that the lower segments are at the bottom of the totem pole in the organization. There is a lot of hostility among salespeople that include cheating, stealing accounts/reports, etc. Zoom is growing so fast that we have SO many tools, which comes with a growing company. The only path to promotion is hitting your number - if you don't hit, you can kiss your chances of promoting goodbye.

Advice to Management

Everything is not as people say it is here. Stop hiring reps and figure out what's wrong with the current system in place.

"Technical Support Engineer Title Review"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! Lots of friendly coworkers. Great leadership!

Cons

I have not come across a cons so far

"Internship"

Pros

Tight knit community + extremely motivated individuals + everyone passionate about human connectivity

Cons

Still figuring out some of the teams (like Product)

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, Great Product, Great CEO.

Cons

Still experiencing Growing pains as we're constantly hiring.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Developer Advocate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Developer Advocate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A team of open and honest people who care about what they are building and doing for their customers.

Cons

Common growing pains that other high-growth companies experience.

"BEST PLACE TO WORK!"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Maybe I had been tainted by bad sales organizations in the past, but I have been working with Zoom Video for 3 months now, and compared to where I have been, this place has been an absolute breath of fresh air. I have reason to believe Zoom Video is the exception, not the rule, due to how well the sales organization is run and structured. This culture starts from the executive suite, and trickles down. They have chosen exceptional sales leaders (big shout out to Ben Volkman in Denver!) who have created an atmosphere of trust, support, personal development and understanding, as opposed to the "fear" based sales culture, which is so common. Everyone is working together towards the same goal, selling a product we all believe in. The Proof is in the pudding. We pitch that Zoom Video creates trust and engagement for our customers - the best part..I can FEEL the trust and engagement in our office that has been created by leveraging our platform every day. Thank you Zoom!

Cons

Cons..hmm...no cons at this point.

Advice to Management

As Zoom continues to grow, keep doing what you are doing, it is working!

"Amazing company with fantastic management and offer a great product and solution/s."

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is extremely transparent and positive. They'll be direct but help boost you in a positive and effective way.
    There is a lot of room for career opportunity with all of the growth.

Cons

Not really a con but processes do change to streamline and deliver happiness to customers.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting and delivering happiness!!

"Mid Market Account Executive"

Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Fantastic company culture of "Happiness". You feel it every day and you can't wait to come to work because you feel "cared for". 2) Hands down the best video collaboration product on the market (feels good to be the best) 3) Linear management structure - you can walk onto any floor, chat with any exec (even Eric our CEO) and you'll get a response. Its encouraged! 4) Catered lunches (really good food!). 5) In the heart of downtown SF - walking distance to a lot of other options

Cons

The company is growing like a rocket ship on steroids. Its exciting, but as expected, there are changes each quarter to take the growth into account. This is not so much a "Con" but you have to be someone who is ok with change.

Advice to Management

You guys rock. We love you all. Thank you for creating such a unique environment. I hope it lasts forever.

"Work here if you have the opportunity."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Zoom has the best product on the market. Winning is a culture here and it's not just Zoom that wins, our customers get an amazing product that helps replace existing solutions that just aren't getting the job of connecting their workforce done.
    Executive leadership is laser focused on constantly improving the product and expanding marketing to help with awareness. Both make selling Zoom a lot easier.

Bi-weekly all hands has an anonymous Q&A that addresses any lingering beef anyone has with anything going on at Zoom. Questions are addressed live by the CEO and a lot of positive changes have come from it!

Cons

Typical sales ups/downs, territories aren't always divvied up fairly, some segments get all inbound while others have to constantly hunt, but nothing you wouldn't find at every other software company.
    Hiring process is a little long with many delays.

Advice to Management

Keep on innovating and make tweaks when they need to be made

"Exciting start-up, GREAT products, GREAT leader & co-workers"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working with a company where the main value is "Care" (for customers and employees) and the overall goal is to truly make people happy. Eric Yuan is about as humble, nice, and hard-working as they get. Zoom's products are amazing. The health benefits are good and the work/life balance is great. And a full reimbursement for books is awesome! Employees are, for the most part, young, fun, smart and happy. I feel so lucky to be a part of this culture.

Cons

Must be a self-motivated (if you can consider that a "con"). Company is growing fast so offices can get somewhat crowded and noisy, depending on what your expectations are.

Advice to Management

Remind employees that they are responsible for cultivating the unique Zoom "happiness" culture. A formal education plan and 401K match would be nice (eventually).