Zoom Video Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Zoom Video Communications Reviews

Updated March 25, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The product is incredible and the mantra of Delivering Happiness is completely legit" (in 24 reviews)

• "Great company culture a long all offices" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Its a growing company so there are some growing pains around process but those are good problems to have" (in 20 reviews)

• "Growing so fast that it's difficult to remember the names of new hires you meet each week" (in 10 reviews)

"Best place I’ve ever worked!"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and the company values. Acknowledgment of hard work.
    Wonderful camaraderie and welcoming people.
    Love the video meetings—it definitely fosters deeper connections.
    I feel at home and love my work family.
    Outstanding benefits.
    They truly care about their employees

Cons

One-job individuals that do not provide a lot of value
    Growing pains
    No 401k matching
    Some managers inflexible about working from home (despite it being a video communications company)

Advice to Management

Provide work-from-home options for those in offices. The flexibility is nice and allows for work-life balance—and enhances happiness. Continue valuing your employees and fostering the amazing culture that makes Zoom what it is today.

"finance"

I worked at Zoom Video Communications full-time

Pros

Flexible hours. nice coworkers. great enviornment

Cons

moves a lot. free lunch is just okay

"Great place, growing, some pitfalls"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leader who genuinely believes in what he's saying, not BS in the least. Great customers. Also, we have such a great product that really sells itself, people rave about it. Not much selling needing to be done, truthfully don't really need sales people LOL

Cons

Too many sales people, too many middle managers that don't know what they're doing. We have (or had) a great culture, but the more we grow, we lose a bit of ourselves. Perhaps in order to scale up, you need scale back first take it easy, it'll come when it's supposed to come.

Also, don't look at a partnership as a negative, that is what Cisco & Polycom did, and they went all proprietary with a lot of their equipment only allowing API access, we need to do better about partnering with companies that offer a solution that is comparable to ours. There is no shame in not being able to deliver the end-all be-all right out of the gate. You need something to keep working towards.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, they care about you and want you to succeed. Zoom's success is our success, please listen to us.

"Best company and CEO I've ever worked for"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely blown away by Eric - the CEO. Incredible leader, humble, has an open door policy, and is a true team player. The company culture has been built off of those principles and even through the major growth stage the company is at right now, they have still been able to maintain that as the foundation.

I am happy to come into work every day and work with people that have quickly become friends. Everyone works hard and has fun doing it. There are also weekly and monthly events to get to know your coworkers out of the office!

On top of all that, they love to promote internally, compensation and benefits are amazing, and you get free lunch 4 times a week!

Cons

As of right now, I don't have any

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues; company paid lunches

Cons

Most immoral and bankrupt sales culture i have ever experienced. Managers and reps intentionally steal leads and opportunities with impunity. Leadership takes care of their "boys club" at the expense of others. Compensation plan is solely in company favor. No value selling; discount-discount-discount get the deal done. Don't waste your time. CEO wants everyone to "be happy" instead of fixing what's wrong.

Advice to Management

It's too late

"Best job ever!"

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great people
    - Awesome benefits and compensation
    - CEO is a fantastic leader and is willing to go out of his way to help out anyway he can

Cons

- None that I can think of.
    - There are changes, since we are growing so fast, but that is part of the excitement... Right?!

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

"Always delivering Happiness"

Current Employee - BDR in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - BDR in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All I have to say is I'm #blessed

Cons

None that have come up so far

"Be careful; this culture is changing..."

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, in fact, best on the market. Zoom has amazing benefits and tons of perks in the office. There are some great, integral people here at Zoom to work with. I consider many people on my team friends. CEO genuinely cares and listens to his employees.

Cons

I'm afraid this culture has shifted in a negative way over the past year and a half. There are way too many salespeople - upper management is starting to notice, and doing drastic things to get people out. There aren't real territories carved out, unless you're in a higher segment. It seems that the lower segments are at the bottom of the totem pole in the organization. There is a lot of hostility among salespeople that include cheating, stealing accounts/reports, etc. Zoom is growing so fast that we have SO many tools, which comes with a growing company. The only path to promotion is hitting your number - if you don't hit, you can kiss your chances of promoting goodbye.

Advice to Management

Everything is not as people say it is here. Stop hiring reps and figure out what's wrong with the current system in place.

"Technical Support Engineer Title Review"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Zoom Video Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! Lots of friendly coworkers. Great leadership!

Cons

I have not come across a cons so far

"Internship"

Pros

Tight knit community + extremely motivated individuals + everyone passionate about human connectivity

Cons

Still figuring out some of the teams (like Product)