Zoopla Reviews | Glassdoor

Zoopla Reviews

Updated Jan 22, 2020

3.2
Zoopla Managing Director Charlie Bryant (no image)
Charlie Bryant
Pros
  • "I have been working for uSwitch (which is part of ZPG) for over 3 years(in 11 reviews)

• "Great working environment, open plan office space(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "ZPG was bought by an outside investor (Silver Lake) just over a year ago and that's brought with it new ways of doing things(in 9 reviews)

• "Flexible hours don’t exist and most London based employees have a poor work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work, lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at Zoopla full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting time to work at a transforming company with investment, lots of new hires - feels like a huge career opportunity. There's a real focus from the people team at the moment on supporting career progression and development which is great to see.

Cons

None, would recommend Zoopla.

Zoopla2020-01-22
  2. "Rapidly transforming into a new exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Head of CRM in London, England

I have been working at Zoopla full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong new leadership team in place, an exciting vision for what the future of the market can look like, and lots of momentum building towards that future. Also some smart, talented people joining the business on a weekly basis, helping drive that transformation.

Cons

Some hangover from recent Silverlake acquisition means that not everybody is yet in place, but you can feel the positive energy building over time

Advice to Management

Continue on trajectory, encourage cross-functional working practises, and ensure we hire the very best talent out there to help drive towards our future vision.

Zoopla2020-01-22
  3. "Great, fast paced, motivated culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at Zoopla full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Enthusiastic, supportive management - Clear roadmap and company objectives - Investment in tools and resource - Great team moral - Amazing offices - Transparent promotion opportunities and how to get there - Fun perks (team social budgets, snacks, beer time, gym, days off) - Bonus

Cons

- Some longer standing team members seem to be finding the new momentum and changes challenging - Lack of flexi hours

Zoopla2020-01-22
  4. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Management Accountant in London, England

I have been working at Zoopla full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing offices in a very good location with great facilities (onsite gym & showers, games room, company branded table tennis tables, artificial putting green, breakfast & snacks). Strong working culture where hard work is encouraged but not at the detriment to your mental health. Overall, Zoopla is an ideal balance between a start up (good quality of life; own clothes, great facilities, fun people) & corporate (prestigious brand, intelligent & hard working teams) in an interesting industry (tech & property).

Cons

Honestly, very few. I would recommend working at Zoopla to anyone.

Zoopla2020-01-16
  5. "Rapidly heading downhill"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Zoopla full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Plenty of enthusiasm and propaganda if that's your thing.

Cons

Consistently terrible towards staff on products that aren't flavour of the month/based in London, pay increases non existent that just cover RoI while the company makes millions.

Zoopla2020-01-23
  6. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Finance in London, England

I worked at Zoopla full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, small gym and great decor

Cons

Lack of training But you’re expected to get on with it

Advice to Management

Stop feeding your employees fatty breakfast and unhealthy snacks and train them! Pay could be better

Zoopla2019-11-28
  7. "The people make the place"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Zoopla full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people and a fun supportive environment

Cons

Management let the team down and there’s a massive lack of opportunity to progress

Zoopla2019-11-13
  8. "Great benefits and strategic focus"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Birmingham, England

I worked at Zoopla full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Know where they are going

Cons

Can take a long time to make changes

Zoopla2019-10-22
  9. "Great place with even greater people"

Former Employee - C S R in London, England

I worked at Zoopla full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment, great office perks and a great location too.

Cons

Not as many opportunities to professionally progress within.

Zoopla2019-10-16
  10. "A great mix of trust, autonomy and responsibility"

Current Employee - Quality Automation Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Zoopla full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's been a real focus these last 12 months on hiring and retaining people who love their job. I am surrounded by talented people and there's a really good collaborative atmosphere. I feel comfortable walking up to anyone's desk and asking if they have a minute to help, and they feel comfortable saying yes or saying no depending on their workload. That people will say no when they don't have time really helps me feel like I'm not putting pressure on them if I ask for advice. We work in scrum teams and each team is fully responsible for their parts of the platform. We have input into our business goals and targets, we work with our embedded PO and BAs to come up with a backlog to meet those goals. We have design, UX, front-end, back-end and quality engineers all working together. Because all the work we're doing is the work we decided needed to be done to meet the goals we helped set, everyone is on board and focused and enthusiastic. I have opportunities to research new technologies and learn while on the job. We recently added automated visual testing to our pipeline because we thought it would add business value. I had great support from my team and from management to investigate how it would work, create a proof of concept and then present the finding to the wider dev team. That's not an uncommon event which stands out for its rarity, it's the kind of thing people here are doing all the time. Another thing worth pointing out, they genuinely care about your mental health here. We have a lot of different support services and vectors for asking for help. We have full-company buy-in on the importance of mental health and resilience. People are actively encouraged from working late, we've had trained CBT professionals come in and give talks and run workshops. We're given access to a 24/7/365 helpline with trained counsellors that we can call anonymously for anything and the information on who used it is not available to anyone working at ZPG.

Cons

There has been a lot of change in the last year and it's been hard to keep focus at times. ZPG was bought by an outside investor (Silver Lake) just over a year ago and that's brought with it new ways of doing things. But those changes are what got us where we are now. Things have settled and I'm really happy with where we ended up.

Zoopla2019-10-15