KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zoosk Reviews

Updated Sep 7, 2021

Found 90 of over 92 reviews

3.3
Zoosk President and Chief Executive Officer Steven McArthur (no image)
Steven McArthur
Pros
  • "Great perks such as free dinners, a subsidized gym membership, unlimited PTO, and team outings(in 8 reviews)

• "Work life balance is the best I've had - I have the same role at a different company and work over 50 hours a week(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Acquired by German company and let go 50% employee(in 5 reviews)

• "But Zoosk is very much against this because again "dating is a numbers game(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

great place to work!

Mar 13, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

great place tech sound helping, chill employees awesome benefits

Cons

there are no cons i felt.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good culture, Bit stagnant

Sep 7, 2021 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone was super nice and the perks were good too. Company was definitely into investing in its employees happiness and development.

Cons

The Business strategy keeps changing.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

4. 5.0

Good company

Mar 10, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly working environment and nice management

Cons

No Cons, CEO seems want to sell the company

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good Work Environment

Mar 1, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Adapt quickly with new technology

Cons

marketing spent too much money

6. 2.0

Manager

May 4, 2021 - Animal Care Specialist in Fremont, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is not enough money

Cons

Everyone is so nice Jimmy

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Positive experience

Feb 2, 2019 - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was at Zoosk for 4 years, in various roles and departments. Every company has its issues, and there was a lot that happened at Zoosk while I was there - two layoffs, CEO transitions, turnover - but overall I had a positive experience. Salaries are competitive for my department - I had interviewed with other well known companies such as Uber that were offering a lot less for more work. Other advantages included a great BI system and a strong data driven mindset. I worked in digital marketing and work for a very similar company where things do not always run as smoothly. I had managers who trained me and encouraged me, changing my career path in the right direction. While I understand the frustrations of many of my former colleagues, I am happy to have worked at Zoosk. Work life balance is the best I've had - I have the same role at a different company and work over 50 hours a week. The technology at Zoosk allowed for less operational tasks which take up a lot of time.

Cons

The grass always seems greener, but it's not. Zoosk is a small company, and I think the biggest concern is what will happen next. While I left for personal reasons, I believe the new CEO stirred things up quite a bit.

6 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Problematic Senior Leadership Team

May 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

After being a full-time employee for over 3 years, I would say Zoosk has a very good culture resembling a typical laid-back and fun environment. The non-leadership employees are generally nice and have the desire do a good job for the company and its products.

Cons

The senior leadership team ("SLT") are a corrupt bunch of selfish individuals. They hide secrets and overpay themselves way above the industry standards. Some of them rarely show up for work. They come in once or twice a week then disappear. They refuse product changes that may risk taking away their secured roles but are actually good for the customers. They talk BS and protect their own little circle. The entire company is ruined by these selfish and greedy lazy people. Some of them underpay their team and do way less work. It is unbelievable by observing these ugly acts for years make me see the worst side of humanity.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    9. 4.0

Enjoyable working environment

Oct 7, 2019 - Software Test Automation Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working time. Relax and comfortable environment, nice and friendly team

Cons

management not share much company info

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So glad I ended up here!

Dec 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Zoosk for a few months now and am loving it! By far the best company I’ve worked at so far. In addition to having a stable product (trust me, Zoosk isn’t going anywhere) other reasons why I’ve enjoyed my time here so far include: - Friendly coworkers. These are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. - Positive work environment. Office is warm and inviting. Lots of natural light. - HR is very helpful and the benefits are great. Unlimited time off, casual attire, dog-friendly environment, catered meals, fully stocked kitchen, health/dental/vision insurance, matching 401k, Equinox gym membership, volunteer time, and more. - Right next to Bart/Muni which makes for an easy commute. - My job itself. I have a great manager and in my role I get to be creative and take risks. One thing that stood out to me was that Zoosk really does take chances on and invests in their employees. I was considering a career change and Zoosk hired me on as a contractor, which allowed me to see if I actually wanted to make the switch. A few months later I was presented with a full time offer and happily accepted (immediately!)

Cons

Parking near the office can be expensive, but it’s San Francisco so what do you expect. Zoosk does offer commuter benefits for parking (you can take out money pre tax) which is nice. There are multiple ways to get to the office via public transportation, so driving isn’t your only option.

Continue reading
      11 people found this review helpful
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Cutting edge projects / solve important issues

Aug 20, 2019 - Senior Security Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hyper smart, approachable, and trustworthy teammates

Cons

Acquired by German company and let go 50% employee

Viewing 1 - 10 of 90 Reviews