Zovio Reviews in Clinton, IA | Glassdoor

Found 2 reviews

4.0
Zovio CEO Andrew S. Clark
Andrew S. Clark
  1. "Great People to Work With"

Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Clinton, IA

I have been working at Zovio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits are good. The administration wants the company to be a "Great Place to Work." My coworkers were awesome. Activities are held during the workday to promote morale and team building. Most managers were very supportive and encouraging.

Cons

Caseload of students continued to increase when advisors at other locations resigned. Expectations were (at times) unreasonable for the hours that were allowed. Definitely a difference in skill and expectation levels across the Student Services departments.

Advice to Management

Stand up for the values of the company as well as the needs of your employees. You have great people working for you. Don't continue to overburden them or they will start to leave.

Zovio2018-12-01

Zovio Response

December 3, 2018VP, Talent, HR Ops, & Total Rewards

Thank you for your feedback and your 1+ years of service to our students! When people ask me what I love the most about working at BPE, I always say the Purpose and the People. Let me know if there is anything specific I can do to make it better. philip.dana@bpiedu.com

2. "Loved my Co-Workers, Communication needs improvement"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Clinton, IA

I worked at Zovio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

co-workers flexibility allowed to be creative professional development programs good ideas

Cons

pay not in line with industry standards Upper Management and Executives do not communicate well No transparency Lack of follow through

Advice to Management

Learn how to effectively communicate with staff at all levels. Listen to what the staff has to say.

Zovio2012-09-05