Zozi Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Elon Boms
1 Rating

Pros
  • They live the brand and they love animals, especially dogs (in 4 reviews)

• Best team of people I've ever worked with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management allowed some shady things go on for FAR too long and it ruined the company, they should be ashamed of themselves (in 6 reviews)

• ZOZI is growing quickly and experiencing some growing pains (in 3 reviews)

"Such a wonderful company, sad to see it go!"

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even though the company and brand are being dissolved, I still wanted to write a review about the wonderful company that I called home. The people at ZOZI are and were absolutely phenomenal. Top of the line talent raising each other up for one common goal. We really thought we were going to make it work together. Even though it didn't work out, we should all be confident in what we did.

Office dogs!!! Best perk ever. Culture absolutely rocked, awesome snacks, office was really awesome, and ZOZI credit to apply to activities and trips.

I will never forget all of my awesome teammates who became friends! Thanks for the memories, ZOZI!!

Cons

Upper management allowed some shady things go on for FAR too long and it ruined the company, they should be ashamed of themselves. Transparency became nonexistent towards the end.

Advice to Management

Learn from the mistakes that were made here. I really hope you all learn a lesson! Great job on hiring incredible people though, you definitely did that right! You definitely did put things in place to treat your employees right and make work fun!

2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zozi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are the winning formula for Zozi. Fantastic group that is motivated and cares about quality of work.

Cons

No transparency to top management, direction of company.

Advice to Management

Engage with your employees

"A Pretty Facade"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with, lots of dogs, events. Sunny office space in decent neighborhood. Fun brand.

Cons

Executive leadership literally missing from the office for months. Lack of clear direction for company and product . Management and upper level leadership had no integrity when it came to promises for promotions, commission, raises, etc. Deliberately would keep people in the dark. Product itself (ZOZI Advance) was far behind what was being sold to clients in actual functionality, engineering always at a standstill. The ZOZI.com is an actual joke, most clients listed don't actually work with ZOZI... completely fake. ZOZI is ready to take advantage of anyone and everyone who doesn't know better. Get everything in writing.

Advice to Management

Have some integrity and loyalty to your employees, especially those who work hard for you. Be accountable and have answers to important questions. Be someone your employees can count on.

"Seemed great, was all lies"

Former Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zozi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart and friendly coworkers. Great office culture/atmosphere. Office itself is very open and sunny. Dog-friendly. Good parties, events, etc. Decent snacks.

Cons

Complete lack of transparency in executive staff. The company has been without a CEO or COO for months and most employees only found out last week. Nearly half of the staff was laid off last week with very little explanation, and if I had not been among them, I would no longer have any trust in the company whatsoever.

Advice to Management

DON'T LIE TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. KEEP THEM INFORMED AS TO WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE BUSINESS.

"If you are applying, don't"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

We had a great team environment. ZOZI Did a great job selecting and hiring quality employees.

Good perks

Dogs in office

Cons

Shady, awful management. They lied to employees for months about the companies' well-being. This follows in a trend of dishonesty and mistreatment directed at lower level employees for the 12+ months I worked here, long before the company at large ran into any trouble.

They managed to get great employees in the door, but failed miserably when it came to doing right by their staff.

Advice to Management

Get acquired. You have no business managing a company.

In seriousness, treat your employees right and hold up your end of the bargain.

For people interviewing (though I dont believe they would be hiring anytime soon): walk away. ZOZI is not worth your time.

"Don't work here and Investors should also run."

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people in the trenches.

Cons

The SR. Leadership / Lack of it. They do not share anything. It's as if they feel better about themselves by keeping secrets from their the employees. They they lay you off.

Advice to Management

Retire! Don't ever run a company again. If you do it will be run into the ground.

"Sales"

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If there's one thing ZOZI did right it's that they hired a really good group of people. I truly felt that we all believed in the product and our intentions were true when we wanted to help our customers achieve success. We were dedicated, hard working, and honest.

Cons

Then, on March 23 ZOZI laid off 40+ people, myself included. The explanations were left intentionally vague. We were left stunned as ZOZI just raised another round of funding. It seems they intentionally over hired sales people to fluff the numbers for investors.

What hurts the most is that we had a lot of care about our customers. Even while at our "layoff party" we discussed how bad we felt that we wouldn't be able to make our promised calls/meetings to our customers.

I'm not sure what the future holds for ZOZI, but if you're a customer reading this, you might want to look at some other options. Demo some other online booking companies to keep in your back pocket.

Advice to Management

What management? We haven't seen our CEO in MONTHS.

"Great place to get you feet wet"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits great culture dog friendly office.

Cons

New upper management not in tune with culture.

Advice to Management

Tap into the people that made you successful in the first place.

"great people and great teams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-They do a great job with getting people ya wanna work with every day. A+++
    -Company events are fun and happen a lot for a 100 person company A+++
    - I do not agree with some of the cons written in the last review. It makes it sound like zozi is all doom and gloom! It is a fun place (see above and below for people events dogs!)
    - End of the quarter is always stressful. Being in sales can be pretty high pressure. High risk high rewards yada yada. It sucks when you are let go, but it should not be a surprise when it happens. you are given a pip to turn it around. Just because you were promoted to a sr sales position does not mean you can coast for the next quarter.
    - Every day, i hear a lotta pride in how the sdrs and aes talks about ZOZI to potential merchants, how we can help their businesses grow. The teamwork between the different sales teams is awesome. My success is tied to other teams, the dedication of our awesome account managers, and how they work with product and engineering to sort out how we can make ZOZI better.
    - Shady? Morale is low? Gossip? Weird stuff? I respect your feelings and just want to say to please talk and confide with someone you trust and sort this out.
    - The constant turnover applies to the sales teams, but isn’t that a given for any sales team at any company in any industry?
    - Overall the company is hiring a lot more and these are for positions that are completely new. Engineering has had little to no turnover in the last few months.
    - The company has changed and grew a lot in the last two years. I remember reading the reviews written in 2014 before joining, and fast forward I have more context to say ‘oh ok I see why they wrote that’.

Cons

- I think when people leave or they are let go it sucks because they were probably awesome people to work with (see the first point).

Advice to Management

i can’t verify if management ever asked employees to write reviews on here, but I’d say keep it that way. It keeps zozi genuine and it is just asking for trouble if you do. The surveys and sharing that with us is good. Keep at it.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Fantastic benefits, quality of life and work balance, fabulous people and support. In a world where sales people are recycled constantly this is a great place to stay and grow.

Cons

none. honestly. Sales quotas are high but compensation is competitive.