KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Zozi Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2022

Found 72 of over 78 reviews

Zozi Acting CEO Elon Boms (no image)
Elon Boms

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Such a wonderful company, sad to see it go!

May 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Even though the company and brand are being dissolved, I still wanted to write a review about the wonderful company that I called home. The people at ZOZI are and were absolutely phenomenal. Top of the line talent raising each other up for one common goal. We really thought we were going to make it work together. Even though it didn't work out, we should all be confident in what we did. Office dogs!!! Best perk ever. Culture absolutely rocked, awesome snacks, office was really awesome, and ZOZI credit to apply to activities and trips. I will never forget all of my awesome teammates who became friends! Thanks for the memories, ZOZI!!

Cons

Upper management allowed some shady things go on for FAR too long and it ruined the company, they should be ashamed of themselves. Transparency became nonexistent towards the end.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0

Good experience

Apr 16, 2022 - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can point out there is a good team

Cons

Maybe one cons is the low pay

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Truly Fantastic Company -- negative reviews are unfortunately biased and ballot-box-stuffed

Jan 14, 2016 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazingly positive culture that rewards contribution, collaboration and achievement, and admonishes politicking. Talented, passionate, and motivating management team. Incredibly bright future; it's great to be the winner in the market. Culture that emphasizes professional development. I have full confidence in our CEO and his ability to lead--he has a track record of success at the company and is laser focused on Zozi's growth and market dominance. Zozi is a company that rewards true accomplishment and you get ahead on pure merit--an incredibly healthy culture. Management truly cares about and loves their employees, and career growth is a significant focus. This is the first company where I not only know all 100+ people in the company, I like them as well! Every single one! I would be lucky to say that about other companies I've worked for, and wouldn't say it unless it were absolutely true.

Cons

While so many people biking to work is a sign of those that value a very healthy lifestyle, the bike parking room could be designed a little bit more efficiently to accommodate all the bikes. Unfortunately, many of the negative reviews were written by a few jaded people who created multiple email addresses to stuff the ballot box. The overwhelming majority of positive reviews truly reflects the current state of the company.

7 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Like dating someone you know you're not going to marry

Dec 4, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-It's pretty fun while it lasts -People are generally, nice, good people -Nice space for a startup you're not sure will be around in 6 months, 1 year or more -It seems really fun on the outside

Cons

-It's like dating someone you know in your gut won't last -Management does ask people to write reviews. So if you see 5 stars and someone just glowing about working there, be cautious. -What they are building is really not that unique or innovative - or even something anyone wants super badly. It's coupons for "ghost tours in SF" and "walking tours for dim sum" - you'll feel that on the inside when they are always trying to figure out new ways of making more $$ and making their numbers seem bigger. -When I tell people I work there, they have never heard of it. -Lack of legit strategy for current product, short term and long term growth. I say "legit" because they might think they have one, but it's not a good one. -You fear month to month you won't have a job for it's lack of stability

14 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best places I've worked

Jan 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at many great fast-paced companies, and my experience at ZOZI has been one of the best. I'm challenged to dream big, take ownership, and make a significant impact on major projects. I feel like my voice is heard, and I'm given a lot of freedom to step up and create more value. As the strategy has become clear over the past year, there is a strong sense of excitement about the future. The growth trajectory is incredible, and there's no slowing down. The people are AWESOME. Super smart, driven, and collaborative. Everyone is just so nice and down-to-earth, to the point where I remember feeling blown away by it when I first joined. I guess I've gotten used to it by now, but this is something really special about ZOZI's culture that I don't want to take for granted.

Cons

The company went through many changes a few years ago during a pivot, which came with some growing pains as leadership built a stronger strategy. This is pretty normal for startups, but it did result in some (mostly previous) employees who had a frustrating experience. Today, the vision and path to success is clear and well-communicated - and I'm very optimistic about the future.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A growing company that inspires its staff

Jul 31, 2013 - Operations Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

ZOZI really practices what it preaches; they inspire people to lead active lifestyles and this applies to the workforce as well. Since starting here, I have grown not only professionally, but also in my personal life as well. I have gone rock climbing for the first time, learned self defense, taken swing dancing lessons, learned to make sushi, and eaten more farm to table food than I can remember, all through ZOZI's "Live the Brand" program which allows employees an allocation of store credit every quarter to "get out there" and experience the things we sell to our customers. The management also provides company culture events for bonding, bi-weekly town halls so that everyone in the company can express opinions and keep updated about different department's projects, and public acknowledgement of birthdays and anniversaries. Overall, a cool company to grow with!

Cons

Only con applies to any startup: the uncertainty of the company's future. However, this unites the staff to give it their all and feel like their work is making a difference.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Disappointed and not sorry for leaving

Nov 22, 2014 - Lower Level Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The individuals that write the positive comments do a great job of fabricating those comments. The office space looks descent like a classic start-up environment would look like. You're lucky I gave you a "Dissatisfied" and not a "Very Dissatisfied"

Cons

I couldn't agree more with the individuals that wrote the negative comments. The managers and your co-workers will single you out, gossip behind your back, or make some sort of false, ridiculous accusation/judgement about your work if they think you are either lagging behind, not performing well, or you're somehow "not good enough" to be a part of the company. They can make judgments that would make any employee say, "wtf?" They don't try to help you out or do very little in doing so if you're struggling. You'll only get promoted or advance to full-time employment if you get lucky because of their budget or if you're a good B.S.-er. Job stability quality at this company is kinda like how poorly people claim the Obama administration has handled the economy since he took office. This company is also violating a labor law by not paying some of their interns who are working for free. You should consider this before another intern works for you and reports you after they leave, so don't say you weren't warned. This company sounds like a good company to work for, but until you work for them you don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

14 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

I've been at ZOZI for a few years, and have completely enjoyed the people, the culture & the vision.

Jan 15, 2015 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are immense pportunities at ZOZI to move up, have a hand in any project, grow & take advantage of different benefits. The people here are unmatched - wonderful attitudes about growing the business, having a good laugh, and living the brand. Transparency about the business is always a top priority, which makes you feel a part of the larger vision. Plus outdoor adventures with the team like climbing, hiking, running, happy hours, etc. If you have a hunger to learn, and want to grow with a company, this is a great place.

Cons

ZOZI is growing quickly and experiencing some growing pains. It can be hard to push for new programs or ideas if you don't have a legitimate plan & budget together. If you've worked at a start-up before, this won't be new to you.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Live the brand with ZOZI

Jun 4, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have awesome people. Everybody is motivated to show up and work hard. I have the utmost confidence in my coworkers and rest easy knowing we have experts in each department. Flexible schedule, great benefits (seriously - FREE vacations!) and awesome environment - natural light and puppies! Opportunity to wear many hats and take ownership to establish and improve processes. Very open and collaborative environment which is something I hadn't experienced before here. Stocked snacks and drinks in the kitchen! Fun team and company happy hours!

Cons

The new office is awesome (lots of light, spacious, secure) but still trying to warm up to the new location (Pier 39.) My current commute via any mode of transportation is not fast nor fun. Trader Joe's is the saving grace for lunch! Not necessarily a bad thing, but you have to be flexible to make it here. It's still a start up, things change a lot. Adapt to thrive!

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A Pretty Facade

Mar 24, 2017 - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with, lots of dogs, events. Sunny office space in decent neighborhood. Fun brand.

Cons

Executive leadership literally missing from the office for months. Lack of clear direction for company and product . Management and upper level leadership had no integrity when it came to promises for promotions, commission, raises, etc. Deliberately would keep people in the dark. Product itself (ZOZI Advance) was far behind what was being sold to clients in actual functionality, engineering always at a standstill. The ZOZI.com is an actual joke, most clients listed don't actually work with ZOZI... completely fake. ZOZI is ready to take advantage of anyone and everyone who doesn't know better. Get everything in writing.

17 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Reviews
</>Embed

Zozi Reviews FAQs

Zozi has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 78 reviews left anonymously by employees. 42% of employees would recommend working at Zozi to a friend and 34% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Zozi employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Zozi. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

42% of Zozi employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zozi 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Zozi to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be compensation, management, senior leadership.