Zozi Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Elon Boms

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Best team of people I've ever worked with (in 4 reviews)

• Great people are really what keep everyone here (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management allowed some shady things go on for FAR too long and it ruined the company, they should be ashamed of themselves (in 7 reviews)

• No clear direction for the company, you can see this in the company meetings, all over the place (in 2 reviews)

"Such a wonderful company, sad to see it go!"

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even though the company and brand are being dissolved, I still wanted to write a review about the wonderful company that I called home. The people at ZOZI are and were absolutely phenomenal. Top of the line talent raising each other up for one common goal. We really thought we were going to make it work together. Even though it didn't work out, we should all be confident in what we did.

Office dogs!!! Best perk ever. Culture absolutely rocked, awesome snacks, office was really awesome, and ZOZI credit to apply to activities and trips.

I will never forget all of my awesome teammates who became friends! Thanks for the memories, ZOZI!!

Cons

Upper management allowed some shady things go on for FAR too long and it ruined the company, they should be ashamed of themselves. Transparency became nonexistent towards the end.

Advice to Management

Learn from the mistakes that were made here. I really hope you all learn a lesson! Great job on hiring incredible people though, you definitely did that right! You definitely did put things in place to treat your employees right and make work fun!

2. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Really great people
    -Everyone is really smart and driven
    -Flexibility to create your own processes and workflows
    -Lots of potential for ownership

Cons

-Lack of vision from CEO
    -Tough market to be in, fairly tech-averse

3. "Great experience, Great people"

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were great. The office space was amazing. It was a fantastic place to get experience right after college.

Cons

The leadership team and the other two that was part of the inner circle. I will never work with them again. If I ever see their names at another company's exec team or middle management, I'll pass. No thank you. Good Luck.

Advice to Management

so much for your options

"Account Executive Review"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with cool people, they give you a stipend to make up your desk, they have a really cool product

Cons

Not transparent, upper management is very scattered, pay was cut, and the company lied to us about direction and fired the CEO without even telling people for 6 months.

Advice to Management

Do a better job with leading a company down a successful road... oh wait the company failed and got bought by Peek.

5. "Great perks, but standard start-up culture"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The perks and the people were fantastic.

Cons

Very little structure to the role, and things changed all the time. It was your classic start up environment, so you have to be willing and able to put up with the struggles that come along with that.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, and take their feedback seriously.

6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zozi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are the winning formula for Zozi. Fantastic group that is motivated and cares about quality of work.

Cons

No transparency to top management, direction of company.

Advice to Management

Engage with your employees

7. "Account Management"

I have been working at Zozi full-time

Pros

Great culture, fun perks, amazing people

Cons

No upper management - money mishandled

Advice to Management

Be more present and hands on

"A Pretty Facade"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zozi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with, lots of dogs, events. Sunny office space in decent neighborhood. Fun brand.

Cons

Executive leadership literally missing from the office for months. Lack of clear direction for company and product . Management and upper level leadership had no integrity when it came to promises for promotions, commission, raises, etc. Deliberately would keep people in the dark. Product itself (ZOZI Advance) was far behind what was being sold to clients in actual functionality, engineering always at a standstill. The ZOZI.com is an actual joke, most clients listed don't actually work with ZOZI... completely fake. ZOZI is ready to take advantage of anyone and everyone who doesn't know better. Get everything in writing.

Advice to Management

Have some integrity and loyalty to your employees, especially those who work hard for you. Be accountable and have answers to important questions. Be someone your employees can count on.

"Seemed great, was all lies"

Former Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zozi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart and friendly coworkers. Great office culture/atmosphere. Office itself is very open and sunny. Dog-friendly. Good parties, events, etc. Decent snacks.

Cons

Complete lack of transparency in executive staff. The company has been without a CEO or COO for months and most employees only found out last week. Nearly half of the staff was laid off last week with very little explanation, and if I had not been among them, I would no longer have any trust in the company whatsoever.

Advice to Management

DON'T LIE TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. KEEP THEM INFORMED AS TO WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE BUSINESS.

"Account Executive"

I worked at Zozi full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance. Received credits towards ZOZI activities and asked for real feedback on the experiences to share with our consumers. Animal loving office! Regular Cultural events to promote company spirit. Good benefits. Great team of people!

Cons

Compensations is on the very low end of the scale for the bay area which is why the product suffered because they couldn't hire strong leadership. Current leadership is inexperienced and not transparent about the company's struggles. Company made the move unfortunate decision to layoff their strongest asset, the people that were loyal to the company despite it's setbacks. I would be surprised if they can rebound from this. They are trying to restructure with the very leadership that has no idea how to focus and grow a company.

Advice to Management

Get a fresh team of management in there and you might have a fighting chance.