KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zscaler Reviews

Updated May 19, 2022

Found 1,315 of over 1,414 reviews

4.5

What people are saying about Zscaler

Join the conversation on

Data Scientists Network

1m

works at

Axis Bank Ltd

Looking for referral in data scientist or sde roles. Entry level roles would also be appreciated. I want to learn and turn my path towards this road. Total YoE : 2 years and 3 months Skills : Python, SQL, Azure. Nagarro PwC Amazon Microsoft Google Flipkart Myntra Paypal Swiggy Zomato Pvt Ltd Mercer Meesho Walmart Oracle Goldman Sachs McKinsey & Company UBS Uber Unilever Adobe Salesforce SAP Apple Bain & Company Citrix Musigma Siemens ZS Associates Zscaler

2 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "They do not have proper induction by the HR, no training method, nothing.(in 16 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zscaler and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Workplace of the future

Feb 5, 2022 - Senior Manager/Director in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Unparalleled technology - A scalable platform, not just a point product - Customer obsession transforming into a successful business - Intolerance for Internal Politics - Everyone works for overall success rather than individual success - Unusual group of smart brains

Cons

- would benefit from hiring additional external talent by introducing an infusion of great ideas - Past success can make companies complacent

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

May 2, 2022 - Sales Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, people, technology, growth and compensation.

Cons

Come in with the desire to win and seize the opportunity.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Gone downhill

May 16, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Best SASE in the market. All the competitors (Palo, Netskope, iBoss, etc etc etc) are trying to cut corners with AWS or GCP to catch up. -Technology and company vision are very strategic. -There are a lot of really talented and hard working people.

Cons

-Total bro culture after the CRO and his wave came in. -Micromanagement is unbearable (PG, MEDDPIC, Leading Indicators, the list goes on) -Pumped in too many reps to keep numbers up instead of focusing on the foundation desperately needed to support existing account growth (deployment success, engineering development, post sales technical and account support). -Sales is under extreme pressure to upsell when customers aren’t deployed and Professional Services has no accountability. -Sales org is extremely political and there are no senior level female sales leaders. All the good reps left or are interviewing. -There are so many layers of empty management who only pop their head up at the end of the deal to scrutinize the close plan. -Sales Enablement is over 100 people but no one knows what they do or how to find anything and all the content is juvenile. -Compensation is not competitive.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced, but with an emphasis on work/life balance

Feb 8, 2022 - Technical Account Manager (TAM) in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Despite the fast pace, ZS really spend a lot of time on wellness and making sure we're all balancing work with the rest of our lives. Usually when you think of start-up culture, you think of long days, nights, and weekends. Being on the support side, and working globally, I have had to take a few off-hours meetings, but I'm consistently told by my management to leave early on a Friday to make up for it, or take a half day. The management across all orgs are all tuned into this culture as well. The org isn't siloed at all, and everyone is willing to step out of their role and help at any given time. The company feels like one big team all working towards the same goals.

Cons

The pace is fast, and the staffing is lean, which is sometimes great, but when you run into issues it can be tough to get people focused on them, as opposed to moving on to the next project. Being lean also means QA teams and documentation teams are often slower than the release schedule, which can present some challenges.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Talent, Great Culture, Great Technology

Jan 5, 2022 - Sales Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking for a company where you can see yourself grow professionally and personally, then Zscaler is the place. The culture and talent is like no where else seen. I came from infrastructure, network & security industry for more than a decade. Zscaler has built a disruptive technology which is very hard for anyone to replicate. I would consider Zscaler as the 'Apple', 'Salesforce' or 'Tesla' in the CyberSecurity market place. Leadership understands the pain of managing in the infrastructure; and have found a solution which delivers a simplified and uber-secured experience; rather than throwing one more security appliance on to your stack. Recruitment process was very transparent and tough one to crack. Best I have experienced till date. The Onboarding is taken seriously and it's all for good reasons. Company benefits are industry standard; but most importantly they offer an awesome ESPP plan with 2 year rollback lock price. We are in growth phase, all ideas are welcome and listened to.

Cons

Since the company is in growth phase, the stock is very volatile. It was considered as one of the highest ranking growth company in 2021. So the only con I would consider is that the equity value differs a lot. If you don't pay attention to that and focus on building the business case than I suppose rest will all build history.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good tech. Management and process need work.

Apr 8, 2022 - Pre-Sales Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tech is good and has potential to be much better.

Cons

Sales oversight is common. They are all.ost treating the engineers like technical account managers. Oversight and micro management is high. Seems they only seem concerned with their next growth milestone sometimes. Peers are great and really want to help enable everyone. Product team seems a bit disconnected in n what customers are actually looking for. Platform is good but they are very arrogant about other alternatives that may be better to solve the customers problems. pov process is not easy. We almost make it sound like the customer should be thankful we are letting them POV us.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not perfect BUT sexy platform + high energy hits all the high notes in the best kind of way

Feb 1, 2022 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people behind the Z are simply amazing top tier talent coming from all the big names with an environment that feels like a startup. You feel like you are part of something tangible and real. With everyone having a stake in the company, the momentum is like a bullet shot in space. 1. Everyone has a stake in the company (stock) 2. Top notch onboarding and training for new hires 3. Clear messaging of our mission 4. Everyone coming through the door is a fan! 5. Start up mentality but flexible work life balance 6. Compensation/Bonus structure is generous

Cons

Not so much as cons but benefits are about 5-10% more expensive when compared to larger orgs....yes, I realize thats captain obvious.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 27, 2022 - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible CEO, Best in Class Product

Cons

Lot of work, fast growth

9. 5.0