Zuberance Reviews | Glassdoor

Rob Fuggetta

1. "Perfect for Me"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Success in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Success in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Zuberance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- As employee #3 I was given the chance to be empowered to help clients succeed
    - high-level of creativity
    - connected group of team players

Cons

- Not enough strategic thinking to drive the business forward
    - Needed more product development, and focus to become a leader in this space

Advice to Management

- Do one thing exceptionally before trying to be perfect

"Great Engineering, Mediocre CEO"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - Front End Developer in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Zuberance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We had a great engineering team, strong leadership from VPs of Eng and Product. Lots of time to properly architect and design, and to learn new tech.

Cons

CEO had a great vision but unable to execute on the sales and marketing side. Board gave bad advice on releasing product and in the end we were unable to raise a C round.

"no morals or ethics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Zuberance full-time

Pros

Great product/service, but there are other similar businesses.

Cons

CEO is money-hungry, talks down to employees, and customers, does not listen, does not respond to communication, and only cares about the well-being of his bank account and finace, whom is always at the office. This is the most unorganized business I've ever worked for or heard of. There is no growth in individual positions or for the company itself. Employees are over-worked, and not appreciated in the slightest.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. All of the roles the CEO claims he has to be involved in are voluntary, the company and employees would do just fine without him having his hands in every aspect of the business. Recognize achievements and successes instead of finding the smallest thing possibly wrong with something to make someone feel like crap.

4. "Exhilarating experience working on the cutting edge of marketing with a talented/dedicated team, inspiring leadership."

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Zuberance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- opportunity to establish self as an authority in Brand Advocacy, the cutting-edge of marketing today
    - talented team with excellent collaborative spirit working towards helping all customers experience the most value the platform can provide
    - when the right mix of options exist for customers to succeed, the strategies work like nothing seen in marketing before: being able to deliver 10X - 30X return on investment for customers is my idea of FUN
    - can't say enough great things about the CEO...bright, bold, visionary with so much wisdom and impressive amount of pragmatism with the insight to know when and what to take risks on
    - my direct manager is not only one of the best managers I have ever had, but a good friend, too, knowing when to support and when to challenge and when to give me a break
    - work from home flexibility is an option for our team once you earn respect and prove proficiency
    - the people who work here are fun to hang out with and I foresee long term relationships long after this work relationship
     - fooseball, playful atmosphere, offsites with fun bonding activities like SF Giants games and cooking classes, and free snax in the break room, plus bagel Mondays!
    - great benefits (insurance is some of the best you can get)

Cons

- it's a start-up, so it's often challenging to maintain work-life balance with the demands of customers and investors (great place to learn to prioritize and discern where you can have the greatest impact)
    - development resources are sometimes limited, challenging us to work around platform limitations at times (a good skill to have)
    - less collaboration between developers and implementers than I would prefer at times

Advice to Management

- resume internal surveys of staff once we make it past the next hurdle...we have lots to add to our initial request of improvements to make Zuberance an even better place to work ,and we believe in internal Advocacy, so don't forget to energize us
    - check in earlier with implementers to see how accounts will be impacted before making decisions that will affect our ability to succeed

"Ups and Downs. Challenging in many ways, too easy in others, overall temperamental."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA

Pros

A hot space, with a great philosophy, and a killer idea.

Cons

Extremely challenging upper management, lots of favoritism, unappreciative, and often disappointing decisions.

Advice to Management

Listen, and pay more attention to details.

6. "An exciting company that I'm proud to say I am part of which is full of intelligent, driven individuals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Pros

-Open atmosphere
    -Transparent environment
    -employees have strong work ethic
    -CEO: very accessible, glowing with passion about Zuberance and brand advocacy (sold his house to start this company), respected in the industry
    -very fun company to be a part of
    -progressive product and continues to be enhanced

Cons

(this isn't necessarily a con, just a warning to any potential new hires)- you must be a start-up person to succeed as a Zuberance employee. You must be driven, responsive, and be able to contribute to the company in substantial, creative ways.

Advice to Management

Clearly differentiate the non-start-up people from start-up people when evaluating potential new hires.

7. "Full of Talent!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Pros

Zuberance is full of talented people and as a current employee I am very proud to be a member of the team and extremely excited about the company's future. What really matters is that this is a place full of smart, engaged, driven people and everyone excels at delivering to our satisfied customers.

Here your boss always knows what's going on. Unlike most companies they know each and everyone of us. There is a culture of openness from the management level down, so we always have a good idea of the company's current situation, challenges and strategies. The company has a great tradition of internal and external transparency. At quarterly meetings management shares extensive details about company financials, sales pipeline and other critical topics, that way we’re always kept informed.

One of our key values is FUN and we always find time for it!

Cons

There's some growing pains because of the fast company growth. The open-desk style environment can be distracting and cause it hard to concentrate but its benefit is that its a great way collaborate as a team.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best!

8. "Early stage business, sitting on huge opportunity..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Pros

Employees are great, fun, competitive, driven, customer-centric, honest, committed hardworking and intelligent.

World Class Engineering Team, building something that will truly enable WOM/Advocate Marketing at Scale for the the first time in history!

Cons

Office environment challenging, as we are busting at the seems.
    Early stage company going through growing pains, not for everybody.
    If you are less concerned about title, and more concerned about contribution/impact and building something legendary, Zuberance is a great spot for you.

Advice to Management

A well run company attracts great talent and empowers great talent, by clearly defining objectives/priorities, and holding people accountable. It is time to transition from a really early stage company, to one that embraces more structure, clarity and accountabilty.

9. "True startup that continues to overcome obstacles"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Pros

- Organized: My tasks within the company are well-defined within the clear roadmap of the company.
    - Communication: Inter-team communication is structured. Although not perfect, disputes are dealt with quickly rather than waiting for the bomb to drop.
    - Each person here has a personality: no 9-5 work zombies who lack motivation.
    - Many different personalities working to maintain a defined set of company values.
    - The idea of the company has not changed since I've been here, yet I've seen the idea go from unproven -> to proven -> to desired by big-brand companies in a short amount of time
    - Transportation is easy with a nearby Caltrain station
    - Food options around the company are limitless

Cons

- Office can be too loud or too quiet at times
    - Office can be crowded due to the company's growth

Advice to Management

- Continue to keep us up to date on company wins and losses.
    - Continue to be encouraging leaders and constructive teachers.

10. "Growing startup to work for with seasoned leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Pros

First of all thanks to those disgruntled ex-Zuberance employees or contractors for writing negative reviews because it proves that you were not the right fit for this company and I hope you've found right place for you.

Zuberance is growing startup company with passionate CEO who has put his own money and with seasoned leadership, which is well respected in the Valley. Some of the facts are:

- Seasoned, stable and proven leadership
    - Big Brand names and those getting impressive results
    - Clear focus
    - Great product with scalable technology
    - Passionate and committed employees
    - Fun is part of culture
    - Open and transparent communications
    - Best class Sales, Engineering, Product and Customer relationship teams

What else you need to grow in company and I'm sure disgruntled people will keep on writing because they've nothing else to do.

Cons

Don't come here if you don't carry passion and commitment to be a successful or if you like to work on banking hours

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing as you have build great company.