Zulily Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Dec 8, 2020

Found 51 of over 985 reviews

2.9
Zulily President Jeff Yurcisin
Jeff Yurcisin
Pros
  • "Fun job, great atmosphere, great people(in 52 reviews)

• "dynamic, interesting challenges to overcome, every day was different, fast paced(in 51 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Hard to have a work life balance(in 60 reviews)

• "low pay, benefits could be better(in 59 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Featured Divisions of Zulily

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zulily and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Environment

Dec 8, 2020 - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

fast paced, but friendly coworkers

Cons

difficult to comprehend entire network duties

2. Zulily - Corporate | Division of Zulily
      Former Employee

fast paced interesting job

Jul 14, 2020 - Studio Supervisor in Seattle, WA

Pros

Cons

disorganized and culture needed support

3. Zulily - Corporate | Division of Zulily
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

There is good and then there is bad

Aug 9, 2019 - Assistant Buyer
      Business Outlook

Pros

the people you work with are awesome for the most part. fast paced, and easy to make changes

Cons

because you move so fast mistakes get made and some new strategies don't stand a chance . it can be hard to move within the company. one bad boss could totally suck the life out of your career there. the pay is not great in comparison to some other companies. However, this was a great place for me to get my foot in the door as a buyer and i learned a lot.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. Zulily - Corporate | Division of Zulily
      4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company Culture... For Most

Jun 7, 2019 - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved the team I was on, great people and a fast-paced work environment. The offices are large and on the water, nice views, full kitchen's coffee machines, etc.

Cons

The pay for assistant buyer or account manager is less than other fashion and retail companies for the same type of work in the Seattle area (Nordstrom, Amazon, etc.). Getting promoted can be difficult, there are a lot of assistant buyers but not enough associate and buyer positions to allow for career growth. I hear that experience greatly differs depending on the team you're on, some people really didn't like the buyers they were paired with and it made for a tense work environment.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice Company

Jul 12, 2019 - Warehouse Learning Lead in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership and culture. Fast Paced

Cons

Benefits were not extensive. Ehhh

1 person found this review helpful
    6. Zulily - Corporate | Division of Zulily
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

negative reviews are true

Apr 9, 2019 - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

fast paced, learn a lot, interesting work, vendors, co-workers, work from home one day per week

Cons

low salary, raise is a joke, all negative reviews here are accurate.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0

Assistant Buyer - Seattle Office

Oct 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Young company with a start up mentality Fast-paced work culture Company is growing everyday (new President started this year) You also get work from home days after a few months

Cons

Limited career progression for Assistant Buyers Compared to Nordstrom and Amazon - Pay is really low High turnover of Assistant Buyers over the last few months Systems that are provided to us are a bit outdated (tech could be improved)

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to grow if you are flexible

Jun 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced, things are always changing and there is always opportunities to take on new projects and responsibilities as needs come up. This lets you grow your role and explore new options for your career path IF you keep your eyes open and are flexible. zulily hires great people and so the co-workers are fantastic and team camaraderie is very high.

Cons

If people don't see the challenges to take on themselves, or their goals are mismatched with company needs and timing, it can feel opaque how to grow or change. As the company has gotten big, I've seen people eager to learn and grow feel pigeon-holed if they don't have the right manager to help them stretch their legs. We hire amazing people and amazing teams. But it feels like we're bleeding talent because when people are not paid competitively and then they realize they've stopped learning, they leave.

7 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0

good company

Sep 22, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture. Fast paced. Growth opportunity

Cons

fast paced. sink or swim

10. Zulily - Corporate | Division of Zulily
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Temping at zulily

Nov 19, 2014 - Recruiting Coordinator in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Temping at zulily was my fist foray into working in a corporate environment. I was pleasantly surprised by how vibrant and open the atmosphere was. zulily employees are overwhelmingly smart and creative and- though I still found it hard to break into my department's social element- most people were extremely encouraging and approachable. The work was fast-paced and somewhat challenging, which is addictive for self-competitive people with strong work ethics. Everyone works hard, but they also play hard (i.e. cupcakes and champagne, free lunch & breakfast every few weeks), and I never felt as though my work life encroached upon my personal life. I 'm sure this varies depending on the department and role, however.

Cons

As far as cons are concerned, this company has a few things to sort out. Although I was happy with my pay rate, many of the people employed in the upper echelons of zulily are overworked and paid below market rate. While the CEO and many others like to play the "start-up" card, this company is four years old and just cleared $1 bn in revenue: It's time to start compensating people appropriately for the work that they do.

8 people found this review helpful