Zumasys Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Paul Giobbi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior Solutions Consultant"

I have been working at Zumasys full-time

Pros

Great people. Supportive work environment, Purpose driven, exciting challenges

Cons

Fast pace not right for everyone

2. "Successful Services Providor"

Pros

Great learning opportunity. Lots of technology and large customer base.

Cons

very fast paced. can sometimes be overwhelming due to small tech team.

3. "I have been working as President of Zumasys since 2000"

Current Employee - President in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - President in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zumasys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As a co-founder of Zumasys, I can tell you that we value hard work, achievement and perpetuating an environment that challenges our people to continually evolve. People are at the heart of everything we do and I personally want you to reach your full career potential and increase the quality of your life in the process. We ask everyone at Zumasys to “be happy and be nice” and we have created many unique incentive programs over the years to make that journey as awesome as possible (most of which have been mentioned on Glassdoor). We are always experimenting and investing in cultural programs to see if we can go further. But hands-down, the single most gratifying aspect of working at Zumasys is the “purpose in our work,” which we have all been benefiting from over the past 5 years. We are achieving this through our Happyness is a Choice program, which donates a portion of our sales and encourages volunteering with non-profits and people in need.

Cons

We remain a work-in-progress. As we’ve grown, it has become harder to scale our processes. At times, that has meant making very difficult staffing decisions. More often it has meant hiring exceptional new talent and adding new, capable faces to our growing management team—we have a proven history of promoting from within. It has also become more challenging to acknowledge our people and our wins as we scale but we remain committed to this ideal. Lastly, we are deliberately embracing the industry shifts from infrastructure to cloud to software through acquisitions and internal innovation. This is an exciting journey but the diversity of these three business models has the potential to breed inefficiencies, which we are acutely aware of. Our goal is to be the best place to work and we only achieve this if we continue listening to feedback so I want to thank all of the current and former employees for their comments/reviews.

Advice to Management

Stay on the path and keep putting people first. At the same time, encourage improved internal communication, fully embrace the remote worker paradigm (now 35% of our workforce) and make sure our words and actions support a healthy work/life balance for all of us.

4. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zumasys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management and Peers are like family. Always working with new technology which I enjoy.

Cons

Can be long hours, but everybody works to resolve the issue at hand.

5. "Culture, Customers, and Technology"

Pros

Incredible drive for Culture and Customer service wrapped into a great technology company.

Cons

Hidden gem of California. Need to expand and show these tremendous values to the outside world.

6. "Intense"

I have been working at Zumasys full-time

Pros

The people and benefits at Zumasys are by far the main components that keep the company thriving. The company is growing and there is a lot of work to do. Every single employee is responsible for many projects and initiatives across the organization. By working here you are part of a cross-functional and intensely over-achieving team. Absolutely no quitters here. The gratification that comes when crossing the finish line is well worth the effort.

Cons

As gratifying as crossing the finish line can be, we all make huge sacrifices to work as hard as we do. Work/life balance takes the biggest hit. Luckily, most of us have great support systems at home but this part of the job can be very challenging. I would be curious to know if management even realizes that there is an issue or if this is going to be how Zumasys operates long term. I don't think this pace is sustainable. I suspect that most folks will burn out eventually.

Advice to Management

Before the next "big target", time to breathe and recoup after a milestone would be nice.

Zumasys Response

Oct 30, 2016 – President

Thank you for your review and for your candor about what is and isn’t working at Zumasys. As you know, we talk a lot about the “whisper of discontent” that comes with being a group of achievers. As... More

7. "Zumasys"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Zumasys consist of a awesome group of people and friendly work environment. There's definitely no egos here and everyone is willing to help out each other.
    The ability to experience different technologies is a plus.

Cons

Have not had any issues so far

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

8. "Hands down - best workplace in Orange County!"

I have been working at Zumasys full-time

Pros

Zumasys is a great company with endless amounts of opportunity for growth. They believe in their people and will help them achieve their goals. Not only does Zumasys focus on their employees but also the nonprofit side. It's great to come to work but even better to give back. Zumasys encourages their employees to volunteer their time and support people in need. It's amazing to work a company that not only focuses on business but also giving back.

Cons

The only con I would say would be the amount of hours people work. We all know that business will always continue but there has to be some sort of balance between work and personal life.

Advice to Management

Communication is key and there is always room for improvement in that area.

9. "Can't imagine life on the outside"

Current Employee - Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zumasys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working with some of the best and brightest people I've ever met. There is something special about a group of people that have utmost pride in their work and come together towards common goals.

I am always amazed at watching how people grow during their stay here. Though this business - and IT in general - can foster some pretty regular turn-over we tend to have very tenured employees (though our growth model seems to force us to have a lot of new hires as well! :)

Being a part of someone's career for four, five, or six and more years is special and not something everyone gets to witness. I think there is something unique and rare about being in such an environment.

Cons

No business is without flaws and our largest struggle is with making sure people are able to take a break from the pandemonium and stress of IT consulting. If I could wave one magic wand it would be to instantly make this go away for everyone .

Advice to Management

Read and process all the feedback (good & bad), there is amazing and very meaningful stuff here and other places that wouldn't be said without reason.

10. "Working for Zumasys"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Odessa, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Odessa, MO

Pros

At Zumasys, management makes a conscious effort to match the employees interests and strengths to their job duties. This is my #1 pro because it means that I love my job and that I'm good at it!

I'm proud to work at such a current tech-savvy company that's recognized as one of the top to work for. I'm also proud to be a part of an organization that does so much for the community.

I feel quite fairly compensated here, and the monthly bonus program allows me to increase my compensation significantly by working a little extra every week.

The friendly and team-spirited atmosphere here is second to none!

I have great admiration for my fellow employees at Zumasys. The talent in this team is so obvious in the accomplishments achieved. The somewhat-annual Zumapaloosa events are a great example of that. These are the most polished and well-organized and well-presented events that I have attended, and everything is done by Zumasys employees just squeezing in the extra effort!

I haven't even mentioned the perk programs, like the President's Club international travel incentive (which I have taken advantage of twice in my 5 years)!

Cons

I have no "real" cons. More pay and more 401K match would be nice, but I aint' complainin!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Please continue to treat your employees as family members that matter, and continue to support the community's needs as possible. Continue the leadership efforts and direction that made us what we are today.