Zumasys Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Paul Giobbi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It's great to come to work but even better to give back" (in 7 reviews)

• "Have fun perks like employee appreciation week, travel incentive program, days of community service and food trucks that come to the office" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "can sometimes be overwhelming due to small tech team" (in 2 reviews)

• "Communication is strong but sometimes things are rushed and people need to make personal sacrifices" (in 3 reviews)

1. "All around great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zumasys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zumasys is a small company with many big talent achievers moving in a very fast pace to stay relative on the forefront of technology. Leadership cultivates a family like environment and promotes Happyness to all employees making sure we can maintain a healthy work life balance without the feeling of "burning out." With that said, there's many opportunities for growth if you possess the right attitude, work hard and give back. Management truly believes in and emphasizes the importance of their employees and plans monthly boot camps, breakfasts, lunches and happy hours. We also have Employee Appreciation Week which brings all our employees together to bond, have fun and feel appreciated for all the sweat, time and effort we put into our work. Don't forget about Zumapalooza--look it up, if you haven't read about it already!

Cons

If you're not comfortable moving at a fast pace while multitasking and answering different questions from many customers in a calm and positive attitude, this will not be the long term job and growth opportunity it can be for fitting personalities. Sacrifices will have to be made to keep up with the demands of continuous growth and goal achieving but Zumasys will make sure you're getting back for what you give in.

2. "Irrelevant"

I worked at Zumasys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some nice people there whom I still talk to. It's incidental, but I'm having a hard time coming up with pros. Because of the expectation to know all areas of technology, I learned a lot. I haven't seen any other IT companies like this since then, as people are typically siloed in specific areas of technology, for good reason in hindsight. Caveat of a smaller business I suppose.

Cons

They make a big show of employee appreciation, as long as you go along with their take on appreciation. Kind of an inner circle, drink the Kool-Aid type atmosphere. If you aren't "in," you're very clearly "out." High stress, long hours, no time off to compensate.

All chiefs and no Indians. I want to be a director too.

Advice to Management

Let people work from home as needed and manage their own hours, especially if you worked the weekend, up late doing updates, or after-hours support.

3. "Happyness is a Choice - Mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zumasys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for. The team of employees are very enthusiastic & helpful as you are learning your way thru the on-boarding, to the training, to the on-going assistance they provide. Great team atmosphere, always having some type of employee appreciation. State of the art solutions/services/products plus an amazing commitment to community with the creation of Happyness is a Choice program which Zumasys began to give back to the community in charitable donations.

Cons

Do not have any downsides to working at Zumasys.

4. "Work hard, Play hard"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I have been working at Zumasys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse work load between each environment, great for always learning something new each day. Great company activities giving back to communities.

Cons

Can sometimes be overwhelming but the team is very good at helping each other out.

5. "Amazing!"

I have been working at Zumasys full-time

Pros

Every single employee (and I do mean every one) is extremely helpful, easy to get along with, approachable, and genuinely caring. Even the President of the company truly tries to get to know you as a person.

Zumasys truly cares about the community; its purpose is more than just making money, but really about how to give back and better society. No wonder it is #1 on Forbes Best Workplace for Giving Back!

Great social events/activities and lots of food!

Cons

Sometimes it can get really busy and overwhelming, but as mentioned, there's always people who are willing to help

6. "Just great!!"

Current Employee - MultiValue Support Technician in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - MultiValue Support Technician in Portland, OR

I have been working at Zumasys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's like being in a big family (except where everyone gets along). The management works closely with the regular staff and they regularly remind you that you're appreciated. Great office environment. If you work remotely you're well taken care of and if you visit head office it's like a welcome party every time.

Regular/fun social activities.

Cons

Work load can be crazy busy.

Advice to Management

Be careful of burn-out.

7. "Senior Solutions Consultant"

I have been working at Zumasys full-time

Pros

Great people. Supportive work environment, Purpose driven, exciting challenges

Cons

Fast pace not right for everyone

8. "Successful Services Providor"

Pros

Great learning opportunity. Lots of technology and large customer base.

Cons

very fast paced. can sometimes be overwhelming due to small tech team.

"I have been working as President of Zumasys since 2000"

Current Employee - President in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - President in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zumasys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As a co-founder of Zumasys, I can tell you that we value hard work, achievement and perpetuating an environment that challenges our people to continually evolve. People are at the heart of everything we do and I personally want you to reach your full career potential and increase the quality of your life in the process. We ask everyone at Zumasys to “be happy and be nice” and we have created many unique incentive programs over the years to make that journey as awesome as possible (most of which have been mentioned on Glassdoor). We are always experimenting and investing in cultural programs to see if we can go further. But hands-down, the single most gratifying aspect of working at Zumasys is the “purpose in our work,” which we have all been benefiting from over the past 5 years. We are achieving this through our Happyness is a Choice program, which donates a portion of our sales and encourages volunteering with non-profits and people in need.

Cons

We remain a work-in-progress. As we’ve grown, it has become harder to scale our processes. At times, that has meant making very difficult staffing decisions. More often it has meant hiring exceptional new talent and adding new, capable faces to our growing management team—we have a proven history of promoting from within. It has also become more challenging to acknowledge our people and our wins as we scale but we remain committed to this ideal. Lastly, we are deliberately embracing the industry shifts from infrastructure to cloud to software through acquisitions and internal innovation. This is an exciting journey but the diversity of these three business models has the potential to breed inefficiencies, which we are acutely aware of. Our goal is to be the best place to work and we only achieve this if we continue listening to feedback so I want to thank all of the current and former employees for their comments/reviews.

Advice to Management

Stay on the path and keep putting people first. At the same time, encourage improved internal communication, fully embrace the remote worker paradigm (now 35% of our workforce) and make sure our words and actions support a healthy work/life balance for all of us.

10. "Pure Awsomeness!"

Current Employee - MultiValue Practice Manager in Manahawkin, NJ
    Current Employee - MultiValue Practice Manager in Manahawkin, NJ

I have been working at Zumasys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced, challenging, continually evolving and super friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Crazy at times, but that is the natural dynamic of this type of company.

Advice to Management

None at this time - keep up the excellent work!