KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zumasys

Is this your company?

Zumasys

Add a Review

Zumasys Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Jan 10, 2018

Found 13 of over 62 reviews

4.8
Zumasys President & Co-Founder Paul Giobbi (no image)
Paul Giobbi
Pros
  • "Our travel incentive program for employees to experience a foreign country is pretty amazing(in 13 reviews)

• "Our Happyness is a Choice program is inspiring(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance takes the biggest hit(in 7 reviews)

• "We are a fast-paced environment(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

All around great company to work for!

Jan 10, 2018 - Technical Support Engineer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zumasys is a small company with many big talent achievers moving in a very fast pace to stay relative on the forefront of technology. Leadership cultivates a family like environment and promotes Happyness to all employees making sure we can maintain a healthy work life balance without the feeling of "burning out." With that said, there's many opportunities for growth if you possess the right attitude, work hard and give back. Management truly believes in and emphasizes the importance of their employees and plans monthly boot camps, breakfasts, lunches and happy hours. We also have Employee Appreciation Week which brings all our employees together to bond, have fun and feel appreciated for all the sweat, time and effort we put into our work. Don't forget about Zumapalooza--look it up, if you haven't read about it already!

Cons

If you're not comfortable moving at a fast pace while multitasking and answering different questions from many customers in a calm and positive attitude, this will not be the long term job and growth opportunity it can be for fitting personalities. Sacrifices will have to be made to keep up with the demands of continuous growth and goal achieving but Zumasys will make sure you're getting back for what you give in.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Challenge accepted!

Sep 14, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zumasys offers an expansive portfolio of technology solutions and professional services to our clients that allow them to run their business more efficiently. The work environment is fast paced, high energy and each day is filled with solving problems and taking on new challenges. For the strategic, critical thinker, Zumasys offers the opportunity to put these skills to work on a daily basis. While keeping up with the latest trends and offerings in the technology space there is an abundance of opportunity to support our clients, provide customer service and deliver results. The opportunity to also support our community and personal passions is a huge plus. Zumasys allows the opportunity to each of the employees to participate in volunteer time, community service and wellness programs to enhance our work/life balance. It is a great honor to be part of a company that invests as heavily in to the business as it does it's people, it makes a difference in how we come to work each day.

Cons

You may not consider the following a "con", but if you are not willing to work hard and push yourself past your known limits, Zumasys will be a challenging place to work. There is not a position in the company that allows you to coast and put in a minimal amount of effort. This is a team of achievers and we hold each other and our selves accountable for reaching our goals and exceeding expectations. I consider this a desired work environment, but slackers beware, this is not the place for you.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

4. 5.0

Workaholics Anonymous

Oct 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel I have accomplished something every single day. It is a fast paced environment so my days go by quick. I feel appreciated when I go above and beyond. It makes me be the best me every day and I love the challenge. Leadership works as hard as anyone and my belief is leaders breed leaders. We also do fundraisers and help kids in need which is very important to me and is soul soothing. Family friendly environment which is a core value of mine. It’s an all-around great company.

Cons

If you like to come to work and give 50 percent of you day in and day out this might not be the place you want to work. If you are negative and not a team player this might not be the place for you. If you don't like snacks and donuts in the break room this might not be the place for you :)

President

As a fellow workaholic, your headline made me laugh. We hire amazing, talented people who agree with you. Giving 50% at Zumasys is not going to cut it. We do this so you are not moving those mountains alone. I am grateful for your kind words. I am proud of the culture we have built together and appreciate your dedication to our company.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Work Place!

Oct 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is an awesome place to work at! The people and work ethic are great. In my short time at Zumasys I've had nothing but positive experiences, the hiring process was a great example of how a company should bring someone on. The process was detailed and very informative. The environment is fast paced but without the stress of micro-management, people come in to do their job and with the client resolution as the end goal, the employees genuinely care about their clients and colleagues which makes for great combination of talent and commitment. The CEO is a great guy and is very genuine and sets the bar high. It is an honor to be part of such a great team.

Cons

As with any company that continues to grow there will always be processes that can be improved, the fact that management is open to ideas is a great feeling.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Zumasys is home away from home

Sep 8, 2016 - Chief Operating Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I admire our employees, because they come in every day and give 110%. I believe our environment encourages honestly, and as a result, there is a high degree of loyalty and trust in every relationship. This extends to our clients and throughout the organization. Hard work is part of the fun at Zumasys. It is rewarded and you see the impact your work has on the company. Wins are celebrated and shared. I genuinely like the people I work with.

Cons

There are challenges in every business - no matter the industry or size. We are a fast-paced environment. We hire self-starters who are very self-sufficient and work well with broad parameters. We strive to balance our need to be nimble and efficient with the right amount of structure required to sustain a growing and expanding business.

7. 5.0

Amazing company!

Aug 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is awesome and I consider this place my second home/ family. The people at Zumasys are definitely the most hard working people I have ever met! We all inspire each other and believe in hard work and dedication. Everyday is full of rewarding challenges which allow us to have the opportunity to grow professionally and personally. Zumasys also has fun and meaningful perks such as the travel incentive program, Happyness is A Choice, employee appreciation week etc. which keep us all happy and motivated to be here!

Cons

It's extremely fast-paced which can be rough sometimes. if you are not careful, you can find yourself not having the work/life balance. We constantly find ourselves wanting to take it to the next level so it's hard to stop or slow down.

8. 5.0

Amazing! More companies should follow Zumasys' example

Aug 2, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and willing to help each other. Co-workers build each other up and want each other to succeed. Huge emphasis on company culture and making employees engaged and happy at work. Have fun perks like employee appreciation week, travel incentive program, days of community service and food trucks that come to the office.

Cons

Very fast-paced environment. Always busy which is nice, but can also can be challenging. Employees wear many hats which can lead to inefficiency.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company that cultivates and cares about their culture

Sep 9, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zumasys cares about their employees, and is very careful to cultivate the right culture in the company. Once you are hired, you become part of the family, and are treated like a valued member. They have numerous employee benefits that enhance your experience. They also care about work/life balance and are very open with the finances.

Cons

The interview process is lengthy and requires multiple interviews, which is actually a great thing. They need to make sure you will be able to thrive in the fast-paced, yet fun work environment.

10. 4.0

Fast Paced

Oct 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, hands down the best of the best. The ability to focus on your talents that benefit the company and yourself professionally. Our corporate giving program "Happyness is a Choice" is by far the most impressive thing I have seen Zumasys start and make a top priority even in tougher times. Our travel incentive program for employees to experience a foreign country is pretty amazing! Access to work remotely in our Las Vegas or San Clemente offices. Fast Paced, work hard/play hard environment.

Cons

Not enough time to get everything you need to get done, done. The work life balance is promoted more than appreciated.

President

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am excited by the impact our Happyness is a Choice program is having on our community and in the lives of our employees. I am glad you feel the same. Your advice is spot on. We appreciate our employees immensely, but if we don't recognize it frequently and in ways that are personal, our actions don't match the way we feel. Thank you for being candid. It will only make us better.

11. 5.0

Administration

Aug 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, great people, great culture, relaxed environment, great perks, international travel incentive, a lot of autonomy, Vegas customer event every year

Cons

Too faced paced at times, not enough staff to perform to our potential, communication/processes/organization are constantly changing and sometimes feels less efficient than before.

President

Thank you for taking the time submit a review. It means a lot to me to get honest, real feedback from the people who contribute to our company's success. I want our team to take full advantage of the perks as a reward for their hard work. The pace of a small growing business is fast - sometimes it's faster than other times for sure. If you are feeling that it's too fast, please feel free to come chat with me or your manager so we can review the workload and offer guidance. Communication is often my own biggest challenge. I know how important it is, and we are striving to get it right. Again, my door is always open if you want to get an update or share what's on your mind.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews