KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zumasys

Is this your company?

Zumasys

Add a Review

Zumasys Employee Reviews about "happyness"

Updated Jan 10, 2018

Found 13 of over 62 reviews

4.8
Zumasys President & Co-Founder Paul Giobbi (no image)
Paul Giobbi
Pros
  • "Our travel incentive program for employees to experience a foreign country is pretty amazing(in 13 reviews)

• "Our Happyness is a Choice program is inspiring(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance takes the biggest hit(in 7 reviews)

• "We are a fast-paced environment(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Reviews about "happyness"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

All around great company to work for!

Jan 10, 2018 - Technical Support Engineer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zumasys is a small company with many big talent achievers moving in a very fast pace to stay relative on the forefront of technology. Leadership cultivates a family like environment and promotes Happyness to all employees making sure we can maintain a healthy work life balance without the feeling of "burning out." With that said, there's many opportunities for growth if you possess the right attitude, work hard and give back. Management truly believes in and emphasizes the importance of their employees and plans monthly boot camps, breakfasts, lunches and happy hours. We also have Employee Appreciation Week which brings all our employees together to bond, have fun and feel appreciated for all the sweat, time and effort we put into our work. Don't forget about Zumapalooza--look it up, if you haven't read about it already!

Cons

If you're not comfortable moving at a fast pace while multitasking and answering different questions from many customers in a calm and positive attitude, this will not be the long term job and growth opportunity it can be for fitting personalities. Sacrifices will have to be made to keep up with the demands of continuous growth and goal achieving but Zumasys will make sure you're getting back for what you give in.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happyness is a Choice - Mission

Jan 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for. The team of employees are very enthusiastic & helpful as you are learning your way thru the on-boarding, to the training, to the on-going assistance they provide. Great team atmosphere, always having some type of employee appreciation. State of the art solutions/services/products plus an amazing commitment to community with the creation of Happyness is a Choice program which Zumasys began to give back to the community in charitable donations.

Cons

Do not have any downsides to working at Zumasys.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I have been working as President of Zumasys since 2000

Oct 30, 2016 - President in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a co-founder of Zumasys, I can tell you that we value hard work, achievement and perpetuating an environment that challenges our people to continually evolve. People are at the heart of everything we do and I personally want you to reach your full career potential and increase the quality of your life in the process. We ask everyone at Zumasys to “be happy and be nice” and we have created many unique incentive programs over the years to make that journey as awesome as possible (most of which have been mentioned on Glassdoor). We are always experimenting and investing in cultural programs to see if we can go further. But hands-down, the single most gratifying aspect of working at Zumasys is the “purpose in our work,” which we have all been benefiting from over the past 5 years. We are achieving this through our Happyness is a Choice program, which donates a portion of our sales and encourages volunteering with non-profits and people in need.

Cons

We remain a work-in-progress. As we’ve grown, it has become harder to scale our processes. At times, that has meant making very difficult staffing decisions. More often it has meant hiring exceptional new talent and adding new, capable faces to our growing management team—we have a proven history of promoting from within. It has also become more challenging to acknowledge our people and our wins as we scale but we remain committed to this ideal. Lastly, we are deliberately embracing the industry shifts from infrastructure to cloud to software through acquisitions and internal innovation. This is an exciting journey but the diversity of these three business models has the potential to breed inefficiencies, which we are acutely aware of. Our goal is to be the best place to work and we only achieve this if we continue listening to feedback so I want to thank all of the current and former employees for their comments/reviews.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Challenging and Rewarding

Oct 14, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pros are definitely the people here and the company culture. Everyone here has a positive attitude and we go out of our way to help each other. We are a group of achievers who all work hard and push each other to grow. It makes for a challenging environment, but it's what makes coming to work fun. I'm of the belief that you grow the most when you are surrounded by people smarter than you and that is definitely true here. We also very work hard, but the company culture offsets that. We have employee appreciation events, happyness is a choice, travel incentives, and lots of free food and drinks. Management from the top is great as you get a clear vision of the company, they are transparent, and they make sure we feel appreciated as employees. It makes it a great place to work for.

Cons

Work/Life balance can be a little tough at times, but it is more because we are all wired to do whatever is necessary to get the job done.

5. 4.0

INSPIRING

Oct 26, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) I don't personally know everyone in the company, but I have interfaced with co-workers that are truly passionate about their work. It's refreshing to be surrounded by people with a great work ethic. 2) Happyness is Choice program: I am proud to work for a company who encourages employees to give back to the community. It is an amazing program. Too much to detail on a review, you should check out their website.

Cons

Like all companies...there are always cons.

6. 4.0

Fast Paced

Oct 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, hands down the best of the best. The ability to focus on your talents that benefit the company and yourself professionally. Our corporate giving program "Happyness is a Choice" is by far the most impressive thing I have seen Zumasys start and make a top priority even in tougher times. Our travel incentive program for employees to experience a foreign country is pretty amazing! Access to work remotely in our Las Vegas or San Clemente offices. Fast Paced, work hard/play hard environment.

Cons

Not enough time to get everything you need to get done, done. The work life balance is promoted more than appreciated.

Zumasys Response

President

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am excited by the impact our Happyness is a Choice program is having on our community and in the lives of our employees. I am glad you feel the same. Your advice is spot on. We appreciate our employees immensely, but if we don't recognize it frequently and in ways that are personal, our actions don't match the way we feel. Thank you for being candid. It will only make us better.

7. 5.0

Truly a second home

Oct 7, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoying what you do is a big deal for me and I have found that here at Zumasys. My team is great, couldn't have asked for a better group of people. Food trucks, breakfasts, lunches, juices, travel, flexibility and best of all our amazing Happyness program are only some of the highlights.

Cons

It can be stressful at times and finding a good balance is a challenge.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

WOW!

Oct 19, 2016 -  in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The challenge of living up to your own potential may be daunting but if you are willing to put the effort in you have an opportunity here that I have not had with my previous employers. I work harder now than I ever have and it is worth it. The feeling that comes with knowing that our Happyness team is making the world a better place more than offsets the hard work we all put in.

Cons

You really have to work hard but the gratification of achieving great things makes it worth it. If you need a lot of guidance and direction you should probably work somewhere else.

9. 5.0

Amazing company!

Aug 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is awesome and I consider this place my second home/ family. The people at Zumasys are definitely the most hard working people I have ever met! We all inspire each other and believe in hard work and dedication. Everyday is full of rewarding challenges which allow us to have the opportunity to grow professionally and personally. Zumasys also has fun and meaningful perks such as the travel incentive program, Happyness is A Choice, employee appreciation week etc. which keep us all happy and motivated to be here!

Cons

It's extremely fast-paced which can be rough sometimes. if you are not careful, you can find yourself not having the work/life balance. We constantly find ourselves wanting to take it to the next level so it's hard to stop or slow down.

10. 5.0

As good as it gets.

Aug 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zumasys sets the bar high. The people you work with, the relationships you build, the opportunities you're offered, and the lessons you will learn here will impact your life and your career path in so many positive ways. Yes, we work hard at Zumasys, we wear many, many hats. The difference at Zumasys is that our management team knows and understands how hard we work and we are constantly reminded and appreciated for going above and beyond. They don't hire average individuals here. Zumasys hires passionate, intelligent, enthusiastic, and respectable people that are eager and willing to go the extra mile on a daily basis. I feel proud and honored to work for Zumasys and more importantly, who I work with. I am more than willing to give 150% because we are all aiming high and we want to see Zumasys grow and succeed. Our Happyness is a Choice program is inspiring. Our travel incentive program is second to none. And events like our holiday party, employee appreciation week, and Zumapalooza are things I look forward to each year. This job isn't for everyone, but I know it is perfect for me and maybe you too.

Cons

Zumasys is growing and like all growing companies, growing pains are inevitable. We could probably refine and establish better processes. Work/life balance can sometimes be difficult but this is also an individual’s responsibility to be disciplined and take ownership of their time and commitments. If you're not careful, you may put pressure on yourself to work long hours or weekends but that's only because you're surrounded by dedicated and intensely responsible coworkers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews