KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zumasys

Is this your company?

Zumasys

Add a Review

Zumasys Employee Reviews about "travel incentive"

Updated Oct 27, 2016

Found 13 of over 62 reviews

4.8
Zumasys President & Co-Founder Paul Giobbi (no image)
Paul Giobbi
Pros
  • "Our travel incentive program for employees to experience a foreign country is pretty amazing(in 13 reviews)

• "Our Happyness is a Choice program is inspiring(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance takes the biggest hit(in 7 reviews)

• "We are a fast-paced environment(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

a

Sales Engineer

166 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "travel incentive"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Working for Zumasys

Oct 27, 2016 - Senior Developer in Odessa, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

At Zumasys, management makes a conscious effort to match the employees interests and strengths to their job duties. This is my #1 pro because it means that I love my job and that I'm good at it! I'm proud to work at such a current tech-savvy company that's recognized as one of the top to work for. I'm also proud to be a part of an organization that does so much for the community. I feel quite fairly compensated here, and the monthly bonus program allows me to increase my compensation significantly by working a little extra every week. The friendly and team-spirited atmosphere here is second to none! I have great admiration for my fellow employees at Zumasys. The talent in this team is so obvious in the accomplishments achieved. The somewhat-annual Zumapaloosa events are a great example of that. These are the most polished and well-organized and well-presented events that I have attended, and everything is done by Zumasys employees just squeezing in the extra effort! I haven't even mentioned the perk programs, like the President's Club international travel incentive (which I have taken advantage of twice in my 5 years)!

Cons

I have no "real" cons. More pay and more 401K match would be nice, but I aint' complainin!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

4 years of work and growth

Oct 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zumasys provides lots of freedom for engineers to perform our jobs, and give us lots of opportunities to grow our technical skills and expertise, whether to broaden our skill set or deepen them. Bonus system makes all hard work well worth. Incentive programs like International Travel Incentive, President Club or annual conference attendance give engineers something to look forward to every year.

Cons

We work a lot, study a lot, but gain and learn a lot. If you are looking for a position with OK workload, minimal expectation from management, Zumasys is not for you. The biggest con is we are all workaholics. And the biggest pro is we are all happy workaholics.

3. 4.0

Fast Paced

Oct 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, hands down the best of the best. The ability to focus on your talents that benefit the company and yourself professionally. Our corporate giving program "Happyness is a Choice" is by far the most impressive thing I have seen Zumasys start and make a top priority even in tougher times. Our travel incentive program for employees to experience a foreign country is pretty amazing! Access to work remotely in our Las Vegas or San Clemente offices. Fast Paced, work hard/play hard environment.

Cons

Not enough time to get everything you need to get done, done. The work life balance is promoted more than appreciated.

President

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am excited by the impact our Happyness is a Choice program is having on our community and in the lives of our employees. I am glad you feel the same. Your advice is spot on. We appreciate our employees immensely, but if we don't recognize it frequently and in ways that are personal, our actions don't match the way we feel. Thank you for being candid. It will only make us better.

4. 5.0

Amazing company!

Aug 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is awesome and I consider this place my second home/ family. The people at Zumasys are definitely the most hard working people I have ever met! We all inspire each other and believe in hard work and dedication. Everyday is full of rewarding challenges which allow us to have the opportunity to grow professionally and personally. Zumasys also has fun and meaningful perks such as the travel incentive program, Happyness is A Choice, employee appreciation week etc. which keep us all happy and motivated to be here!

Cons

It's extremely fast-paced which can be rough sometimes. if you are not careful, you can find yourself not having the work/life balance. We constantly find ourselves wanting to take it to the next level so it's hard to stop or slow down.

5. 5.0

Administration

Aug 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, great people, great culture, relaxed environment, great perks, international travel incentive, a lot of autonomy, Vegas customer event every year

Cons

Too faced paced at times, not enough staff to perform to our potential, communication/processes/organization are constantly changing and sometimes feels less efficient than before.

President

Thank you for taking the time submit a review. It means a lot to me to get honest, real feedback from the people who contribute to our company's success. I want our team to take full advantage of the perks as a reward for their hard work. The pace of a small growing business is fast - sometimes it's faster than other times for sure. If you are feeling that it's too fast, please feel free to come chat with me or your manager so we can review the workload and offer guidance. Communication is often my own biggest challenge. I know how important it is, and we are striving to get it right. Again, my door is always open if you want to get an update or share what's on your mind.

6. 5.0

As good as it gets.

Aug 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zumasys sets the bar high. The people you work with, the relationships you build, the opportunities you're offered, and the lessons you will learn here will impact your life and your career path in so many positive ways. Yes, we work hard at Zumasys, we wear many, many hats. The difference at Zumasys is that our management team knows and understands how hard we work and we are constantly reminded and appreciated for going above and beyond. They don't hire average individuals here. Zumasys hires passionate, intelligent, enthusiastic, and respectable people that are eager and willing to go the extra mile on a daily basis. I feel proud and honored to work for Zumasys and more importantly, who I work with. I am more than willing to give 150% because we are all aiming high and we want to see Zumasys grow and succeed. Our Happyness is a Choice program is inspiring. Our travel incentive program is second to none. And events like our holiday party, employee appreciation week, and Zumapalooza are things I look forward to each year. This job isn't for everyone, but I know it is perfect for me and maybe you too.

Cons

Zumasys is growing and like all growing companies, growing pains are inevitable. We could probably refine and establish better processes. Work/life balance can sometimes be difficult but this is also an individual’s responsibility to be disciplined and take ownership of their time and commitments. If you're not careful, you may put pressure on yourself to work long hours or weekends but that's only because you're surrounded by dedicated and intensely responsible coworkers.

7. 5.0

Amazing! More companies should follow Zumasys' example

Aug 2, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and willing to help each other. Co-workers build each other up and want each other to succeed. Huge emphasis on company culture and making employees engaged and happy at work. Have fun perks like employee appreciation week, travel incentive program, days of community service and food trucks that come to the office.

Cons

Very fast-paced environment. Always busy which is nice, but can also can be challenging. Employees wear many hats which can lead to inefficiency.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stimulating, Challenging, Never Boring!

Jun 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zumasys is a very fun environment with amazing people. The President of the company genuinely and sincerely cares about everyone and their well being. He is the first to bend backwards for anyone who needs help. Zumasys will help you establish the career that you want and support you along the way. Additionally, Zumasys holds a great platform with the Happyness is Choice program. For those interested in a great professional career along with serving the community, Zumasys is the place to be. The work load can be very accelerated but exciting and motivating at the same time. There is always so much to learn and absorb at Zumasys. Further pros within the company include a wonderful travel incentive program with encouragement to visit anywhere in the world, medical benefits, frequent lunches, office yoga, nutrition classes and much more.

Cons

It can be very difficult sometimes to find that "work, life, balance" with the amount of work given. Some structures and/or processes are still very manual leaving room for mistakes. Management sometimes lacks support and/or the mentoring part of being a manager. However, the lack of management encouragement is few and far between. Overall, I am happy with Zumasys and my team. Zumasys has become my second home!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I <3 Zumasys!

Sep 26, 2014 - Operations in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My awesome co-workers are a major reason why I love my job! Zumasys works really hard to find great people who are passionate and compatible. Our charity involvement is another huge perk for me! Zumasys donates 1% of their profit to charities and the employees get to nominate charities that are near and dear to their hearts. You can really feel the love in the building. And of course the weekly breakfasts, monthly lunches, tickets to sporting events, and the travel incentive aren't too shabby either!

Cons

Too many Charger and Angel tickets and not any Ducks tickets! :) Other than that, I cant complain!

Internet Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the great review! It means so much to Zumasys to help you support the charities that are close to your heart. We've taken note of your idea to include season tickets to Anaheim Ducks games. If you have more ideas about company perks or our “Happyness is a Choice” program, please email happyness@zumasys.com.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great to work for a company that cares more about what it can do for its employees and the community that it does money

Sep 26, 2014 - Senior Software Developer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits including health care, 401K, life insurance, disability, etc. Three to four weeks PTO. Fabulous travel incentive that sends 4 to 5 employees per year on vacation of their choice outside of north America. Charity program that donates 1% of gross revenues with the employees determining the charities.

Cons

Being a technical company with a relatively young employee base, there are sometimes employees that don't necessarily fit in socially.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews