Zuora Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

5.0
Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo
  1. "Dynamic environment full of opportunities for impact and growth!"

Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than a year

Pros

ZEOs (employees) are each the CEO of their own contributions, impact and career. It's a very empowering place to work. If you have an interest, Zuora supports it. Leaders and employees are intelligent, thoughtful, and care about one another. Development opportunities abound with classes and lynda.com, experiential opportunities, and mentoring.

Cons

So many opportunities - the trick is defining our own path.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your employees with the coaching and career guidance to support them!

Zuora2016-11-17
  2. "This company is on a huge upswing"

Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great vision. Company comes across as much bigger than it is, a trait that I love to see. Product really is robust and is actually helping businesses grow in many sectors.

Cons

It's a very fast paced environment, sometimes too fast. Still has a start up mentality, and everyone is expected to work hard, usually 2 sometimes 3 jobs per person. Regarding management, because of the size, there isn't really a structured management (of employees) process, but they are working on that.

Advice to Management

Take us public!

Zuora2013-10-01

"Stressful place to work"

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company operates in a promising space, though growth has stagnated recently. Enterprise software is hot again, and the marketing department is simply outstanding, resulting in outsized buzz for a company of its size and revenues.

Cons

Growth opportunities are limited because the company is hiring only to retain headcount in the face of employee churn, as there was a spate of recent exits of promising talent due to a variety of reasons. There is no culture of mentorship - it's the wild west, where you sink or swim, and not much besides mass-email kudos to reward going the extra mile.

Advice to Management

Take a good, hard look at yourselves, and ask why it is that you are unable to retain smart, well-educated and qualified individuals for more than a year. You need a culture of mentorship and camaraderie, not one of high stress and pressure with a thin veneer of appreciation.

Zuora2013-01-18

"Tick all the (my) right boxes"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined recently to Zuora. After a long recruitment process, I had very high expectations. I didn't expect all boxes to be ticked so quickly! Culture - dynamic, agile, friendly, professional. An industry innovator and thought leader. Attract top talents - if you are here you know you are a top performer in your area of expertise. Diversity and Inclusion - very few companies walk the walk the way Zuora does. From...

Cons

Really, cannot think at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on recruiting cultural fitted talents.

Zuora2018-10-11

Zuora Response

October 11, 2018Talent Team

Welcome to the team, we're glad to have you on onboard! Thank you for sharing your experience, being yourself and a part of Zuora.

5. "Exciting times, great opportunities, superb management"

Current Employee - Director Services in London, England

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined Zuora long time ago, and I'm enjoying every minute in this company. Great product, constantly evolving. And with this product you get to talk to the business, to the CFOs, CIOs, to the sales teams. It is not just a technical product but something that goes to the core of the business of our clients. Being a pre-IPO company, it's very flexible, very dynamic, and very rewarding for the best employees. Great...

Cons

As all the pre-IPO company, the company lacks processes in certain areas... but is this really a cons?

Advice to Management

Trust your vision, trust your people

Zuora2016-11-24