Zuora Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.0
Zuora Founder & CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo
Pros
  • "The company has a great culture(in 17 reviews)

• "Empowerment as ZEO to voice out any concerns - Glint Survey brings out key aspects of employee engagement(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "infectious energy can lead to work life balance challenges(in 20 reviews)

• "Organizationally we are maturing into a larger organization so at times there are some operational growing pains (but I have seen that everywhere)(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to learn both business and technology

Apr 23, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Full of opportunities to conquer challenges on both technology and business

Cons

sometime the strategy is too dynamic

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Nov 24, 2020 - Head of Procurement in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great and talented peers. CEO is engaged and focused on the company success and the well being of its employees. CEO is also the founder. Unique product and leader in the market. Employee input is valued and welcomed. Innovation is welcomed and encouraged. Great HQ location and office with many amenities; the company has not reached a size where bureaucracy becomes unbearable. Top management is flexible and absolutely supportive of work life balance. Access to top management at all levels, which is a key differentiator for development. It is a green field to develop new processes and apply creativity to business functions to help the company scale. Recent genuine interest and focus on supporting Diversity and Inclusion which can definitely take the company to new heights.

Cons

The company financial performance has taken a toll on the stock price, because of its unique positioning in terms of product and market, industry analyst are tough on their ratings. Salaries are at market, in a competitive environment like the Bay Area, it can be challenging to keep talent.

2 people found this review helpful

ZEO Success Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide such thoughtful, honest feedback. We truly appreciate your input and contributions as we build continue to grow and build our company.

3. 3.0

Micro-Manage Much?

Apr 19, 2021 - Account Executive in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The product is good, the sales process makes sense, and your peers are thoughtful, engaged, collaborative professionals.

Cons

Do you like being managed by a spreadsheet? Do you like daily forecast 'standup' calls with the CRO, SVP of Sales, all of the AVP and RVP's and all of your peers? Have you updated your forecast today? You will have a weekly call with a team tracking the number of accounts you are trying to upsell. You will have a weekly call with a different team tracking your renewals. You will have a weekly call with the marketing rep asking how many people have you registered for this month's event? You will have a weekly meeting with demand gen, so have you sent 1,000 prospecting emails, and how many are in stage 2? stage 4? we disagree with the revenue projection, change them. There are 6 sales enablement sessions this week, why aren't you attending them all? The structure is built for AE's to be lead gen for managers. The managers are killing your deals. Your conversion rates are in the toilet. So then cut your price in half after telling you not to discount. Your post-loss surveys say we love the sales team but we felt like we were being pressured. Business Development Reps cannot work with AE's on messaging; on targeting accounts; on targeting contacts; on targeting customer initiatives. Marketing gives them the message. Their managers write a sequence. The ZDR's just bulk load the contacts and hit send. A 3rd party consultant told them this is the most effective way. It's not scalable. It's an expensive model. Your sales team engagement is dropping. You are losing 1 experienced AE after another (check out social networks).

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing culture in growing company

Apr 7, 2021 - Chief Information Officer (CIO) in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zuora is an exciting place to work, with strong leaders and a growing customer based. There is excellent collaboration between teams and a sense of excitement to be at the heart of the subscription economy with big growth agenda brings lots of changes and opportunities to excel and grow.

Cons

It is a fast-paced environment at Zuora, you are likely to have to manage multiple responsibilities in parallel, this isn't a place where you can slack off.

ZEO Success Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and insight into our workplace!

5. 4.0

Tough Role

Apr 11, 2021 - Strategic Business Development in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay with benefits and get to work with big accounts

Cons

Hard to make targets with Strategic accounts

1 person found this review helpful

ZEO Success Team

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and for the contributions you made to Zuora!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to Work for.

Apr 9, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Compensation Package and Benefits

Cons

Is in a transitioning phase to a bigger company, so not everything is smooth at the time.

ZEO Success Team

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, we appreciate it!

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just can't seem to get it together.

Apr 1, 2021 - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO- Tien Tzuo is undoubtedly the best asset the company has.

Cons

The commonly referred to "growing pains" make this company extremely difficult to work for. L.O.B.'s continually moving in different directions has stalled growth. Hostile work environment. Work-life balance is nearly non-existent. Turnover being so high is certainly no coincidence. Internal growth opportunities are limited as Zuora has repeatedly proven their preference is to hire from the outside.

3 people found this review helpful

ZEO Success Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take your comments very seriously as we strive to provide an environment where all ZEOs can thrive, do their best work and grow with us. We’d really like to understand more about your experience so we can work to address your concerns. We encourage you to reach out to your ZEO Success Partner to share more of your feedback. Alternatively, you can anonymously submit an online report on Zuora’s EthicsPoint site zuora.ethicspoint.com OR by calling our compliance helpline toll-free at 1-844-348-5249.

8. 4.0

good landing spot

Apr 5, 2021 - Solution Delivry Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

caring for employees, diversity and big picture long term vision for company prospects

Cons

high pressure sales, long working hours

9. 4.0

Good Company But Lacks Established Growth Trajectory

Feb 22, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, genuinely great people. Great perks, great office location, Eddie stocking the office and takes care of EVERYTHING you could need in the Boston office.

Cons

The commission plan for the BDR made the OTE very difficult to actually obtain. I left my previous company for the increased OTE but actually made less due to the commission structure. That combined with multiple (failed) attempts at redefining the career ladder has lead to most of the BDR's at my time to also leave for other positions.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, but hard work

Mar 29, 2021 - Senior Data Migration Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture with a diverse staff

Cons

Very hard work and project volume

ZEO Success Team

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it and the hard work you do! We encourage you to reach out for support if and when you need it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 372 Reviews