Zuora Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Zuora Founder & CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Being a pre-IPO company, it's very flexible, very dynamic, and very rewarding for the best employees (in 13 reviews)

• Zuora have undertaken a pretty extraordinary journey, supporting customers in or entering "the subscription economy" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • inflexible attitudes on work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

• No 401K match, which is a bummer, but hopefully that will change soon (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Not What I Expected - I'm in Love with Zuora!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- If you want to do something new that has never been done before, and you aligned your project to company vision and priorities, you will not only get approval, you will be empowered. And better yet, recognized and celebrated for taking initiative.
     - Our new HQ in San Mateo is state-of-the-art and truly collaborative environment.
     - We have the best company social events and parties. They aren't hosted or organized by HR as most traditional companies practice. So Zuora parties tend to be very unfiltered, fun, and engaging.
     - Unlimited CalTrain pass for San Mateo employees and free electric car charging stations.
     - Able to work from home and stay productive with great collaborative platforms (gmail, blue jeans, box, etc.)
     - Free snacks and good drinks in the offices.

Cons

- No 401K match
     - Our new HQ doesn't have a cafeteria, so we have to walk 15 minutes to get to the closest restaurant. New restaurants will be moving in our area later this year but right now, no convenient way to quickly grab lunch.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and empathize with your employees. One red flag is that leaders consistently say to do more with less resources. We understand the circumstances and what it may take to become a public company, but that's not the most inspiring message nor is it sustainable for the long-term. We have such a great culture with amazing teams, I just hope none of us burns out.

"Intern"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Incredible company to work for. Worked for the finance team for 2 months- everyone was supportive and willing to help. The work was very meaningful and my supervisor provided me with direction and assistance, as well as challenged me to learn myself.

Company culture is honestly so unique and wonderful. People work hard but also take time to make Zuora a fun place to work. The internship program was one of my favorite parts. Zuora organized panels for interns to employees about recruitment/ graduate school/ how to get a job offer. Everyone there is so enthusiastic about giving advice and helping interns through their journey, regardless of whether or not they end up at Zuora.

Snacks are also bomb.

Cons

I feel like working for the San Mateo office (HQ) gave me the best experience. In terms of other locations, I feel like it is harder to get involved in company events and intern events.

3. "Enterprise Account Executive"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zuora (Less than a year)

Pros

Leading technology in the recurring customer and billing management. Potential IPO in 2018.

Cons

Office centric culture.

4. "Fantastic culture and place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly personal and caring culture where you are encouraged to be yourself and make a difference.
    Great CEO and leadership team

Cons

Less structure and process; typical of company this size, but still far ahead of similar companies. Need to ensure great company culture is sustained as rapid growth continues

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing; stay focused on hiring and growing great talent.

"Good product, but slow moving on execution"

I worked at Zuora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoy talking about a product that is built for a new business model. Also met some great people, but many churned from Zuora as a typical growing SaaS company.

Cons

Over-promised on career trajectory (said an AE position every 6 months, but turned out to be more like a year and only one spot open, so you're competing with ~10 other BDRS, plus the possibility from an outside hire (which has happened).

Advice to Management

Continue shaping the Subscription Economy, but focus on your employees more and ensuring their success both professionally and financially, with achievable and realistic commission-based metrics.

6. "Software Engineer"

Pros

Relaxed, professional, work from home

Cons

Little training, lots of work pressure

"Great culture!"

I have been working at Zuora full-time

Pros

Great culture, transparent management, relaxed atmosphere, good WL balance, etc...

Cons

Random lunch provided, I really cannot list anymore...

"Never been part of something great"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ZEO culture is amazing, everyone treats each other like a family.

Free snacks

Work balance is really great, don't have to take work with me at home.

Everyone is very friendly

Facility showers if you want to go for a run in the area.

Never expected it to be this amazing

Cons

None that I can think of, unless you include the typical long days but even those aren't that bad because the people you work with are there to support you

"Great people to work with, Always Learning"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Company values work life balance and provides resources for professional growth
    - Strong learning culture. We are encouraged and given the opportunity to attend conferences and trainings to work smarter
    - Code base is improving. There are high standards placed on development practices
    - Employees are positive, knowledgeable and proactive.
    - Fun, spirited place to work -- people come together for all sorts of activities and events
    - Best recruiting experience by far -- I felt well prepared and valued throughout the entire interview process
    - Diversity is a priority
    - Working remotely on Fridays is not uncommon
    - HQ is right next to Caltrain station, beer garden, and a large selection of restaurants. Open space office with plenty of natural light. Provided parking.
    - Varied work as a developer -- I don't feel too specialized or trapped in a pigeon hole

Cons

- No 401K match
    - HQ is a little cramped at times

10. "The best decision I've made in my career"

Current Employee - Product Marketer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Zuora for a couple of months now, and coming here was hands-down the best decision I've made in my career. What I love about Zuora is how passionate everyone is and how there are so many opportunities for career growth. Every morning I feel inspired and motivated to come into the office; work never feels like work. Even though the company has been around for 10 years, it's amazing how it still feels like a start-up; we move quickly and the organization is flat so leadership is easily accessible. Years ago we predicted that we'd shift to a Subscription Economy, and now that it's here and companies are just catching on, we're undoubtedly one of the key thought-leaders in this space. I'm proud to be a ZEO and excited for the future of Zuora!

Cons

As of now, there aren't that many places for lunch walking distance (closest is about 15 min.) New restaurants and beer garden are moving directly outside the office in a few months so that's something I'm really looking forward to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to make yourself accessible to all employees as we continue to grow.