Zuora Reviews

Updated May 19, 2020

3.8
Zuora Founder & CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo
Pros
  • "Empowerment as ZEO to voice out any concerns - Glint Survey brings out key aspects of employee engagement(in 16 reviews)

• "Great culture, lovely central offices, investment in staff(in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales Development Rep"

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great coaching mentality - Focus on training people to be better at sales

Cons

- Growth of the company has led to changes being put in place

Zuora2019-10-25

October 28, 2019Talent Team

Thanks for the feedback, we're glad to hear it. Growing quickly does bring change, especially if we want to maintain our leading position but we know there's plenty of good we want to hold onto so we've got a focus on that as well!

2. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Accounting

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun team, flexible working environment, opportunity to grow, extremely active leadership that communicates with transparency and asks for feedback and acts on it

Cons

Sometimes longer hours during busy times of the year.

Zuora2020-05-16

May 18, 2020ZEO Success Team

Thanks for your feedback and for carrying us through those busy times of the year!

3. "Like working here but it can get too much to deal with it"

4.0
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good learning opportunity overall for most

Cons

Work Live balance is very hard to maintain

Zuora2020-05-19

"Good Company for Beginners"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Zuora full-time

Pros

Good for beginners to the market

Cons

Management is losing focus recently, Product can be improved

Zuora2020-05-05

May 6, 2020ZEO Success Team

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, we're listening and appreciate it!

5. "Company in a state of Transformation"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vision, culture, care about people

Cons

In need of more mature systems and processes

Zuora2020-05-02

May 6, 2020ZEO Success Team

Thanks for your feedback, we're glad to hear it!

"Not a growth company, uncertain future, weak CEO and many weak and inexperienced leaders"

I worked at Zuora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture and big focus on supporting and growing people.

Cons

Loyalty to CEO and tenure more important than results and strong leadership. Unable to make tough decisions and drive growth. Nonexistent strategy and plans always changing.

Zuora2020-04-22
  7. "transforming and transformational"

I have been working at Zuora full-time

Pros

A lot of new leadership in the last year. Exciting changes being made and doubling down on making our customers successful.

Cons

infectious energy can lead to work life balance challenges

Zuora2020-04-06

"Steer clear"

2.0
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive base pay Flexible commute/hours Decent benefits

Cons

Been at several big companies but Zuora by far is the worst when it comes to politics internally. There are way too many clicks/pods of people that look out for their own and bypass others more deserving. Everything is about relationships and kissing up to the right superior. Very greedy with refreshes and promotions if you're looking for career advancement. Seen many employees come and go out of frustration because they were passed up for someone else that is closer to the decision maker. Countless engineering organization restructures in the years I've been here and nothing has changed. Endless "focus and prioritization" efforts across projects and nothing ever gets done. It truly feels like every internal initiative is all about just making people feel better about their job and the illusion that they matter instead of focusing on the products and customers. The core products still look like they came straight out of the Windows 98 era of software. The sales team is full of wizards for being able to sucker more customers to our aging offerings but it looks like more customers are wising up and looking elsewhere. The company needs to focus on enhancing the user interface and experience to catch up with real modern day offerings from competitors but the company also seemingly refuses to hire more relevant engineers, especially to at least replace that ones that left. What else? Outdated technology around the full stack (some declared deprecated a decade ago). Inconsistent and slow APIs. Poor documentation. Thin resources already spread thinner. Also the stock is a complete joke.

Zuora2020-04-02

April 26, 2020Software Engineer

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. Our RWC engineering office is relatively small, so I strive to get to know many of the teams and engage on a personal level. If you've worked with me, you may know that I am very open to feedback and like to use the feedback to improve myself and the organization. I would like you to reach out to me so we can discuss your frustrations around career advancement, and your observations on the political climate. Additionally, we would like to improve our organizational transparency, and connect the dots on how our prioritization exercises have either succeeded or failed. Hopefully, our "Roses and Thorns" during our all hands reflects the fact that we try to provide transparency to the teams on the good and bad things that happen. Based on the recent prioritizations, we've been able to launch Zuora Revenue, deliver our long awaited Audit Trail, and are beginning to roll out Custom Objects to our customers. We would like to hear more from you on how we could improve the way we communicate with the teams. Finally, we have been studying and researching improvements we need to make with our user experience. It has taken some time as the user experience encompasses both the UI and the APIs we have. We still have work ahead for us, and we are preparing our notes to update the teams with our UI strategy that will significantly update the UI layer. Please look for upcoming communications. I appreciate you taking time to bring up your concerns, and hope you will reach out to me personally. Chi

9. "Top Caliber Leadership Team!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am absolutely impressed with Zuora's executive leadership team! They are committed to the success of the company and truly care about their employees. I'm excited for their vision and appreciate the open and transparent objectives that are shared with everyone. I couldn't be more excited about Zuora's future!

Cons

Nothing to note at this time.

Zuora2020-03-23

March 31, 2020ZEO Success Team

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're excited too!

"Great Company on the wave of the Subscription Economy"

Current Employee - Global Services Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great momentum in the market because the move to subscriptions is accelerating. Zuora has the #1 ranked product per Forrester, IDC, etc), and a culture that I enjoy. Everybody is focused on doing the right thing for our customers.

Cons

No 401K matching. Culture and schedule is demanding, so make sure to set your expectation for that.

Zuora2020-03-19

March 23, 2020ZEO Success Team

Full speed ahead it is! Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Found 307 reviews