Zuora Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Zuora Founder & CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Zuora have undertaken a pretty extraordinary journey, supporting customers in or entering "the subscription economy" (in 11 reviews)

• Great place to work right out of college as my first job (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • inflexible attitudes on work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

• No 401K match, which is a bummer, but hopefully that will change soon (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Not What I Expected - I'm in Love with Zuora!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- If you want to do something new that has never been done before, and you aligned your project to company vision and priorities, you will not only get approval, you will be empowered. And better yet, recognized and celebrated for taking initiative.
     - Our new HQ in San Mateo is state-of-the-art and truly collaborative environment.
     - We have the best company social events and parties. They aren't hosted or organized by HR as most traditional companies practice. So Zuora parties tend to be very unfiltered, fun, and engaging.
     - Unlimited CalTrain pass for San Mateo employees and free electric car charging stations.
     - Able to work from home and stay productive with great collaborative platforms (gmail, blue jeans, box, etc.)
     - Free snacks and good drinks in the offices.

Cons

- No 401K match
     - Our new HQ doesn't have a cafeteria, so we have to walk 15 minutes to get to the closest restaurant. New restaurants will be moving in our area later this year but right now, no convenient way to quickly grab lunch.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and empathize with your employees. One red flag is that leaders consistently say to do more with less resources. We understand the circumstances and what it may take to become a public company, but that's not the most inspiring message nor is it sustainable for the long-term. We have such a great culture with amazing teams, I just hope none of us burns out.

2. "Great people to work with, Always Learning"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Company values work life balance and provides resources for professional growth
    - Strong learning culture. We are encouraged and given the opportunity to attend conferences and trainings to work smarter
    - Code base is improving. There are high standards placed on development practices
    - Employees are positive, knowledgeable and proactive.
    - Fun, spirited place to work -- people come together for all sorts of activities and events
    - Best recruiting experience by far -- I felt well prepared and valued throughout the entire interview process
    - Diversity is a priority
    - Working remotely on Fridays is not uncommon
    - HQ is right next to Caltrain station, beer garden, and a large selection of restaurants. Open space office with plenty of natural light. Provided parking.
    - Varied work as a developer -- I don't feel too specialized or trapped in a pigeon hole

Cons

- No 401K match
    - HQ is a little cramped at times

3. "The best decision I've made in my career"

Current Employee - Product Marketer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Zuora for a couple of months now, and coming here was hands-down the best decision I've made in my career. What I love about Zuora is how passionate everyone is and how there are so many opportunities for career growth. Every morning I feel inspired and motivated to come into the office; work never feels like work. Even though the company has been around for 10 years, it's amazing how it still feels like a start-up; we move quickly and the organization is flat so leadership is easily accessible. Years ago we predicted that we'd shift to a Subscription Economy, and now that it's here and companies are just catching on, we're undoubtedly one of the key thought-leaders in this space. I'm proud to be a ZEO and excited for the future of Zuora!

Cons

As of now, there aren't that many places for lunch walking distance (closest is about 15 min.) New restaurants and beer garden are moving directly outside the office in a few months so that's something I'm really looking forward to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to make yourself accessible to all employees as we continue to grow.

"Fortunate to be part of the sales team at a rapidly growing pre-IPO company"

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the Customer Account Manager team ~5 months ago and it's been great working at Zuora so far
    .The company does a great job of recognizing employee effort and success
    .New ideas are welcomed
    .The company has built a portfolio of high profile customers across virtually every industry
    .Offices and fringe benefits are solid
    .Management and Executives are highly approachable
    .The collaboration across different departments is unbelievably solid
    .Pre-IPO

Cons

No 401K match but you can contribute on your own

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and try to maintain the great culture as we continue to grow

5. "Enterprise Account Executive"

I have been working at Zuora full-time

Pros

Great culture, compensation, and teamwork

Cons

none that I can think of

6. "Great ROI"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Zuora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great co workers
    interesting product to work on

Cons

Don't tend to promote from within in key roles
    inflexible attitudes on work/life balance.

7. "Solution Consultant"

I worked at Zuora part-time

Pros

Vast implantations, never gets repetitive or boring. Travel is common and adventurous. Work with a lot of big name clients and big name officials. Gain a lot of experience with not just coding but business in general.

Cons

juggling a lot of skills and responsibility. Client communications are almost on you. As most consultants do, you spend just as much time writing emails and pleasing clients, as coding.

"M'eh. Issues well Beyond Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Worker in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Worker in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job.
    For the most part, leadership will not hover.
    Great people to work with.

Cons

Not much organization - they blame it on being a start-up.
    All the good words are used, but few follow.
    Not sure if exclusion is the norm across the company, but certainly in some teams.
    Company does not want ideas unless they come from leadership.
    Company spends a lot of time patting itself on the back for re-inventing the wheel (business practices from 20 years ago).
    A lot of talk from leadership with no action.

Advice to Management

Just listen to your employees. Some of them have a good bit of experience. Use it. A lot of them have seen these types of expansions and growth before. Let them help you. Also, follow through on promises and communicate with workers. Nothing worse than waiting months for a conversation requested by leadership.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiter is the best I ever worked with. Attentive, responsive and honest, answer all your questions and concerns along the process. Give you a lot of guidance.
    The engineering team has awesome people, smart and dedicated to what they do.
    Projects keep up with latest technologies, which is fantastic for people who want to grow knowledge and skill set.
    My manager is nice and open, really helpful on your career advancement. No micro management. I assume other engineering managers are the same style.

Cons

Health benefits (health plan in particular) may not be the best, but it's understandable for a company at its current stage.
    Free lunch comes not very often and very limited restaurant choices in the nearby area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the current management style and maybe improve on employee benefits and perks to keep everyone even more happier?

10. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate Global Support Advocate in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Global Support Advocate in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- free food
    - great company culture
    - knowledgable co-workers
    - Excellent training via Zuora University
    - promotions within company

Cons

- sub par health benenfits