Zuora 177 Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zuora Founder & CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo

Pros
  • Great place to work right out of college as my first job (in 9 reviews)

• Amazing to work for the leader in the subscription economy (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life/balance and 24 hour expectation (in 10 reviews)

• No work life balance or company culture (in 6 reviews)

"We Have Momentum, You Can Feel It Everyday"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Momentum in a profitable and exciting space. We get to say we're enabling our clients to go-to-market in a subscription renaissance by providing the modern billing and finance tools needed to do so. We're the undisputed leaders; it shows in a growing and impressive client list.

Career advancement, coaching and exciting projects to work on.

Financial & strategic transparency from upper management, high number of boomerang employees is even more encouraging.

Cool SF office with a lot of "personality" on the walls. On that note...

Cons

Zuora's culture needs A LOT of work. Managers should actively discourage people from eating lunch at their desks and ducking out of company sponsored events.

Administrative operations take forever. Yes we're a start-up and yes we're busy, but organization and departmental efficiency remains a work in progress. (definitely improving thou)

Unhealthy snacks and no catered meals (except at the end of the quarter)

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the negative feedback posted here.

Give managers a little more budget so they can organize more team bonding experiences. The job we do is challenging and rewarding in its own right, but we can all work on embodying the fun, trendy people we display in our marketing.

2. "Solution Consultant"

I worked at Zuora part-time

Pros

Vast implantations, never gets repetitive or boring. Travel is common and adventurous. Work with a lot of big name clients and big name officials. Gain a lot of experience with not just coding but business in general.

Cons

juggling a lot of skills and responsibility. Client communications are almost on you. As most consultants do, you spend just as much time writing emails and pleasing clients, as coding.

3. "Great place to work!"

Pros

Keep their employees engaged. Good career progression. Great events for the staff.

Cons

This company is not for everybody. Nature of the product means you need to have good knowledge.

5. "Not What I Expected - I'm in Love with Zuora!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- If you want to do something new that has never been done before, and you aligned your project to company vision and priorities, you will not only get approval, you will be empowered. And better yet, recognized and celebrated for taking initiative.
     - Our new HQ in San Mateo is state-of-the-art and truly collaborative environment.
     - We have the best company social events and parties. They aren't hosted or organized by HR as most traditional companies practice. So Zuora parties tend to be very unfiltered, fun, and engaging.
     - Unlimited CalTrain pass for San Mateo employees and free electric car charging stations.
     - Able to work from home and stay productive with great collaborative platforms (gmail, blue jeans, box, etc.)
     - Free snacks and good drinks in the offices.

Cons

- No 401K match
     - Our new HQ doesn't have a cafeteria, so we have to walk 15 minutes to get to the closest restaurant. New restaurants will be moving in our area later this year but right now, no convenient way to quickly grab lunch.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and empathize with your employees. One red flag is that leaders consistently say to do more with less resources. We understand the circumstances and what it may take to become a public company, but that's not the most inspiring message nor is it sustainable for the long-term. We have such a great culture with amazing teams, I just hope none of us burns out.

"M'eh. Issues well Beyond Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Worker in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Worker in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job.
    For the most part, leadership will not hover.
    Great people to work with.

Cons

Not much organization - they blame it on being a start-up.
    All the good words are used, but few follow.
    Not sure if exclusion is the norm across the company, but certainly in some teams.
    Company does not want ideas unless they come from leadership.
    Company spends a lot of time patting itself on the back for re-inventing the wheel (business practices from 20 years ago).
    A lot of talk from leadership with no action.

Advice to Management

Just listen to your employees. Some of them have a good bit of experience. Use it. A lot of them have seen these types of expansions and growth before. Let them help you. Also, follow through on promises and communicate with workers. Nothing worse than waiting months for a conversation requested by leadership.

7. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate Global Support Advocate in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Global Support Advocate in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- free food
    - great company culture
    - knowledgable co-workers
    - Excellent training via Zuora University
    - promotions within company

Cons

- sub par health benenfits

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiter is the best I ever worked with. Attentive, responsive and honest, answer all your questions and concerns along the process. Give you a lot of guidance.
    The engineering team has awesome people, smart and dedicated to what they do.
    Projects keep up with latest technologies, which is fantastic for people who want to grow knowledge and skill set.
    My manager is nice and open, really helpful on your career advancement. No micro management. I assume other engineering managers are the same style.

Cons

Health benefits (health plan in particular) may not be the best, but it's understandable for a company at its current stage.
    Free lunch comes not very often and very limited restaurant choices in the nearby area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the current management style and maybe improve on employee benefits and perks to keep everyone even more happier?

9. "Exciting times, great opportunities, superb management"

Current Employee - Director Services in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director Services in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Zuora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Zuora long time ago, and I'm enjoying every minute in this company.
    Great product, constantly evolving. And with this product you get to talk to the business, to the CFOs, CIOs, to the sales teams. It is not just a technical product but something that goes to the core of the business of our clients.
    Being a pre-IPO company, it's very flexible, very dynamic, and very rewarding for the best employees. Great culture, great management, both in the US and locally in Europe.

Cons

As all the pre-IPO company, the company lacks processes in certain areas... but is this really a cons?

Advice to Management

Trust your vision, trust your people

"Dynamic and rewarding company"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Zuora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work in terms of company culture and people you work with. Extremely international.
    Foster the proactivity and promote personal initiatives in every employee.
    Work with clients cross industry, from Startup to established corporations, and allow you to learn several industry specific processes and organizations.
    Very employee focused, yearly offsite in the US (last time was Las Vegas) is great fun and opportunity for international networking.

Cons

Requires high flexibility and strong multitasking capabilities, as Professional Services employees have to deal with multiple projects at the same time.

11. "Enjoying every minute and the best is yet to come!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Zuora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Market leading technology. The next behemoth of the enterprise software world is being created here.
    Solid sales methodology - just Google 'the greatest sales deck I have ever seen'. Spoiler alert, it's Zuora's.
    This company is doing it the right way with steady revenue growth, larger logo wins each quarter coupled with a conservative hiring strategy. Feeling very optimistic about a future IPO. This company can achieve the same success as Workday or Servicenow in terms of future stock price beyond IPO.
    Continued growth into product development and we now operate on a microservices architecture!
    Everyone shares the same vision as the CEO, there is a real sense of unity and faith in his vision.
    Strong career growth in most parts of the business, continual flow of promotion announcements and they have recently started to heavily invest in personal and leadership development, good to see for a only a 600 man company.
    Outside of sales, there is low employee attrition.
    Fantastic market perception and the company is a true leader in their space.

Cons

Internal communication and processes require improvement.
    Some politics is also starting to creep into the company which is causing some resentment.
    Decision making processes are starting to become a little slow, a consequence of growth.

Advice to Management

IPO when the timing is right and continue to work towards predictability in sales revenue. Go public as a break-even company and watch the share price sky rocket!
    Continue to innovate and invest in product development and engineering.