KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zuora and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent workplace to work with

Aug 17, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

RSU will be given, good bonus if asked, good WLB as of now, Respect others decision, can freely talk to anyone whoever it is (even CEO)

Cons

On site opportunities can be included.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very good company

Aug 13, 2022 - Lead Technical Consultant in Chennai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Abundant freedom and no micromanagement

Cons

Product/Software complexity and needs lot of effort during initial days to understand the base products

3. 5.0

Great org

Aug 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work undoubtedly

Cons

None that I can think now.

Zuora Response

We are grateful to receive this feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. Our ZEOs are our biggest asset, so making sure that we provide a positive experience is what we strive for. We look forward to growing together!

4. 4.0

Work at Zuora

Aug 9, 2022 - Software Engineer II in Chennai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Flexibility (work and time ) Leave benefits Culture

Cons

Architectural Decisions Communication with other teams (Internal)

Zuora Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Zuora thus far. We take great pride in the perks, benefits, and experiences we create for our ZEOs—our biggest asset. We hope you feel informed and supported through the decision and change process, as this is our hope for every ZEO as we continue to scale. This includes continuing to improve the connectivity and x-functional collaboration of our global teams. Thanks again for your feedback, we look forward to fulfilling our mission together!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company with lots of growth

Aug 4, 2022 - Technical Support Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, fun and friendly people, growth opportunities, good work-life balance, nice office, interesting work, supportive management & leadership.

Cons

Can't think of any right now!

Zuora Response

We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying the many perks of being a ZEO at Zuora. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we 100% agree with your advice—we’re on it!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Consulting manager

Jul 22, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Paris
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is perfect in the company / French office

Cons

No concern regarding the company

Zuora Response

We are so glad to hear this feedback. Thank you for sharing it with us. We are grateful to have passionate ZEOs like yourself leading the way. We look forward to supporting you and growing together!

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

By far worst experience in this company

Jul 16, 2022 - Sr. Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can find some great hard working engineers

Cons

The other bad reviews are real. Mid level managers in engineering are worst . They have autonomy to hire and fire as they please. I realized I am hired along with other resources and I am let go after few months. I am kept busy to not realize what was going on . Despite me checking how I am doing , I was told to keep doing good work on projects. HR is a big joke. They are puppets under mgmt. Don’t join here unless you know someone who is in mgmt role. The agony I went through for the months I was there.

1 person found this review helpful

Zuora Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Zuora, we are always looking to ensure that the ZEO experience is a great one and each ZEO is given the opportunity to bring forth any issues/concerns. If you're open to discussing this further, we encourage you to share your feedback directly with your leadership team or connect with your ZEO Success Partner who can help provide additional support.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Challenging work environment

Jul 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting vision. Leadership in pockets.

Cons

A lot of egos. A lot of ideas without ability to execute. Chasing tails. NPS score the lowest of any company I've ever seen.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great vision but the product is lacking and work life balance is not there

Jun 27, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

The subscription economy is an interesting vision that gets many companies excited to speak with us. Colleagues were really helpful and fun to be with. Before Covid, we'd go for a beer after work once a week at least.

Cons

I spent 3 years at this company working in sales where I was fairly successful and as much as I'd like to recommend it to others, I just can't and here is why. The product is not good for the amount it costs - of the 8 or so customers I managed, 1 was happy with Zuora. The rest were either furious or generally disappointed in having purchased the most expensive billing platform which isn't much different from the cheaper options out there (Chargebee, recurly etc). Zuora competes with the argument that "in order to be successfull in the subscription economy, you need to experiment with pricing & packaging + allow customers to make changes to their subsciption" but as nice and cool that sounds, I've never seen it in reality. In reality, 90% of the deals I closed + the customers I had simply deployed a simple monthly subscription fee which could have easily been done with a competitor that costs significantly less. Perhaps in the future when the subscription economy is more mature but I still believe we're far away from there and question if we'll ever get there. The subscription economy opportunity is not big enough for you as a sales rep - perhaps pessimistic but to make a subscription model profitable is not easy. It takes a large business transformation for a company to launch a new or rebrand an existing revenue stream into recurring. To rely on these big business transformation to hit quota is tough, but not impossible. Toxic sales leaders. Warboard meetings every other day for the last 4 weeks of the quarter at 18:00. Management yelling at sales reps at almost every one of those without providing constructive feedback. During my time there, we had a crazy turnover of Sales engineers. At times, we shared 1 SE on 5 reps. This leads to not enough senior SE's. Most AE's does not meet quota - I encourage you to reach out to 5 random AE's and ask them about quota attainment. From what I saw on the leaderboard, the AE's who met quota did so with 70%+ of their quota coming from upsells of 1 mammoth customer. If you don't have those whale customers, it's tough to make quota from new biz (which it is everywhere I guess). BDR team's turnover is also very high, even compared to industry standards. Several sales reps have not been paid commissions after leaving the company and the commission + salary is generally quite sketchy (i.e. you have 0 visibility into your commission and salaries are sometimes delayed). My conclusion is - The subscription economy vision is really fun to sell if you like to be a bit bombastic & inspire business transformation - however, Zuora is not a price worthy solution as there are several competitors at a much lower price who has caught up to Zuora's technology. Just check Zuora's review from customers on truspilot which is 6/10.

2 people found this review helpful

Zuora Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we’re grateful for your three years of dedication to our mission. We hope you made some great connections, learned a ton, and felt like you grew during your time with us. We are scaling rapidly as we grow to operate at a new level and continue leading the Subscription Economy, a $1.5 trillion market (UBS.) This includes heavily investing in products as our pace of innovation has never been faster. Our robust roadmap includes an incredible set of new capabilities that add more value, and are continuing to evolve our products to solve more problems for our customers. We heavily invest in enablement to ensure everyone’s shared success because when our customers are successful, that means both our Sales teams and Zuora are successful. As a result, we do drive towards our targets and our commission plans are designed to reward AEs when they close business, whether that’s a new business, renewals, or delivering new products to existing customers. We’re also proud to say Sales turnover is at an all-time low, well below market averages and our engagement scores are strong signaling we continue to move in the right direction. Thank you again for your feedback and your contributions, we wish you the best of luck in your future!

10. 5.0